Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
My thoughts:

I know all about the light skin/dark skin tension that exists among some Black people. I personally never understood it. There's beauty in all shades as far as I'm concerned. I'm somewhere in the middle, but I guess to a darker skinned Black person, I'm probably no different than someone the the complexion of say, Lionel Richie. I've never faced discrimination of any sort from dark-skinned Blacks though. At least not in my face. That kind of prejudice is really dumb to me.
Colorism isn't limited to black people. The same issue exists for Latinos, South Asians, East Asians and Middle Easterners.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Huh? Jewish people are primarily Caucasian but we come in ALL colors. Go to Israel sometime and see for yourself.
I wouldn't go to Isreal if you paid me. It is a godforsaken place run by neo-Nazi wannabes pushing a sectarian agenda at the cost of everyone else in the Middle East. The elimination of the State of Isreal would be the single-most greatest step toward bringing lasting peace to that part of the world.

Quote:
Also, someone can be named 'George Zimmerman' and be both Hispanic and Jewish. There are people in my congregation from Mexico and Argentina.
Eh? You do realize that one can be from either Mexico or Argentina and not be Hispanic, just as one can be from Israel and not be Jewish. Hell, Argentina was a popular hideout for Nazi war criminals after the fall of the Third Reich. That doesn't suddenly make them "Hispanic", does it?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I wouldn't go to Isreal if you paid me. It is a godforsaken place run by neo-Nazi wannabes pushing a sectarian agenda at the cost of everyone else in the Middle East. The elimination of the State of Isreal would be the single-most greatest step toward bringing lasting peace to that part of the world.

Eh? You do realize that one can be from either Mexico or Argentina and not be Hispanic, just as one can be from Israel and not be Jewish. Hell, Argentina was a popular hideout for Nazi war criminals after the fall of the Third Reich. That doesn't suddenly make them "Hispanic", does it?
I see responding to your posts is a complete waste of time.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Hispanic is a cultural designation not a racial one. So if you are Jewish or Japanese and grew up in Latin America, you probably think of yourself as "Hispanic" with xyz heritage.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. Have African-Americans start calling themselves Americans.
2. Start talking like educated citizens instead of grade school dropouts.
3. Puts belts on their pants.
4. Act like there is more to life than basketball and booty.
Nice stereotype. While the young thugs emulating rappers are guilty of sporting thug apparel, dropping out of high schooll and speaking ghetto slang, there are plenty of white males doing the same thing. That being said there is a population of them graduating college and that does not idolize the thug culture.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Just airing this paragraph out.

Fetid reeking filth like this shouldn't just be shoved into the corner.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 1,437 times
I would like for this immigration law to pass so that most of these immigrants can be removed or deported from this country.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Hispanic is a cultural designation not a racial one. So if you are Jewish or Japanese and grew up in Latin America, you probably think of yourself as "Hispanic" with xyz heritage.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Agreed tho "Hispanic" is more a political label. So the LatAm born kid of a WW 2 Nazi would STILL be a "Hispanic" if living in the US even if he's also a neo Nazi.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
A good beatdown usually solves the problem. But seriously folks, I have seen and experienced lots of anti-black racism from Asian immigrants on the East Coast, principally from Indians and Chinese, but also from Asian Americans in Hawaii. You cannot underestimate how racist some in the last group can be. In terms of the light vs. dark Blacks thing, that isn't even a factor as far as I'm concerned.
And as always ignoring the racism by blacks towards whites and asians. Maybe if they showed by example, the lesson would be learned quickly.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?
It is so nice that Job Hunter and his "black" friends are able to tell the truth about the "real" racists in America.

It is not white supremacy supported by the racism of American institutions, no the "real" racists are other people of color.

Thanks Job Hunter for speaking for black people and tell your black friends we appreciate them being friends with you so that through you they can get out the message of black people and racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies