Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
Hope you learn something:

Black Brazil - YouTube

Black in Latin America E02, Brazil: A Racial Paradise - YouTube

Doubt you will though, so just take your ignorant racist ass back to stormfront or FBD
I feel the same way.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. Have African-Americans start calling themselves Americans.
2. Start talking like educated citizens instead of grade school dropouts.
3. Puts belts on their pants.
4. Act like there is more to life than basketball and booty.
Sounds like we have a lot of work to do here before we start worrying about what immigrants think...

Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sounds like we have a lot of work to do here before we start worrying about what immigrants think...
Oh yes we do. Race relations have never been good in this nation. Racial tension is below the surface right now, but it creeps up.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I hear the worse discrimination comes from Hispanics. For me personally anyway.
Esp regarding employment and this bilingual bullshi.
But that affects whites as well.
Hispanics are actually worse than Asians IMHO.
Asians hate because you don't have a higher education. They don't hate simply because of skin color.
Hispanics would hate on someone because of their skin color,because they don't speak Spanish,and hair texture.

But I say this varies by location,and I really don't know why Asians are lumped in as one big group.
When Indians stare,it isn't because they dislike you. They are just curious. Plus,lots of them are dark skinned.
Same with Japanese.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I hear the worse discrimination comes from Hispanics. For me personally anyway.
Esp regarding employment and this bilingual bullshi.
But that affects whites as well.
Hispanics are actually worse than Asians IMHO.
Asians hate because you don't have a higher education. They don't hate simply because of skin color.
Hispanics would hate on someone because of their skin color,because they don't speak Spanish,and hair texture.

But I say this varies by location,and I really don't know why Asians are lumped in as one big group.
When Indians stare,it isn't because they dislike you. They are just curious. Plus,lots of them are dark skinned.
Same with Japanese.
How would an Asian look at any black person and know whether or not they had a higher education? And how would anyone know whether or not any random Asian had a higher education? And what is this allusion to hair texture?
Frankly, nothing in your post makes any sense.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
One can't have an intelligent discussion with an African-American on anything dealing with race without being called a bigot, a racist etc etc etc....

No matter what the issue the standard response is, "whitey caused it".....

As soon as an issue is brought up concerning ANYTHING dealing with the black community all we hear is "racists" "poor oppressed black people" and on and on.
Maybe when you stop showing YOUR lack of intelligence and blatant racism you would be able to have an intelligent discussion with an African American.

Your posts are not meant for "discussions", but to agitate.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

You know most AAs?
They know most AAs, even outside of their area or state?

This doesn't ring true or honest.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:05 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,648 times
Quote:
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

I think a person who would start a thread like this is ignorant...at best.

Also, IF these blacks exist and DID make these statements, you are dealing with some very coonish blacks who buy into the white ignorance perpetuated onto blacks.

But, I think you are making up fallacies just to start yet another thread on blacks because, as a black person, everything you have typed is utter ignorance and a mis-truth.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I will say this;when I worked as a realtor on the few occassions where I was told by the potential homebuyer not to show them homes where blacks and hispanics lived in the neighborhood it was always by recent immigrants.

My response was always along the lines of this is Houston, TX. there are no such neighborhoods I could show you even if it was legal for me to do so.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
1. Have African-Americans start calling themselves Americans.
2. Start talking like educated citizens instead of grade school dropouts.
3. Puts belts on their pants.
4. Act like there is more to life than basketball and booty.
This reply in and of itself is not only monolithic and ignorant but racist. So what is your advice for AA who fit in none of the above categories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies