Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:19 PM

26 posts, read 53,078 times

Advertisements

I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

What can be done about immigrants who treat African Americans with contempt?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:40 PM

43,646 posts, read 44,368,561 times
I have heard that that Asians in Asia discriminate against black people. I guess that all one can do about it in the USA is to educate the Asian immigrants' children to treat everyone fairly in order to battle the racism issue.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
1. Have African-Americans start calling themselves Americans.
2. Start talking like educated citizens instead of grade school dropouts.
3. Puts belts on their pants.
4. Act like there is more to life than basketball and booty.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:16 PM

775 posts, read 740,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. Have the African-Americans start calling themselves Americans.
2. Get off of welfare and food stamps.
3. Start talking like educated citizens instead of grade school dropouts.
4. Puts belts on their pants.
5. Prohibit the government from giving aid to poor [and black] children who honestly want to go to college, thus limiting higher education to the rich.
6. Go on national television and blame the children for not being born into a rich family, and tell them to "borrow money from your parents".
7. When asked what to do if their parents are poor, tell them to apply for a loan. Then do nothing to help them pay off that loan. Then do nothing to encourage businesses to hire people based on merit, not race. In other words, put forth every conceivable obstacle in the path of poor ghetto black kids, discourage them at every turn, blame them for their poverty, and when they end up joining gangs and using welfare, shrug your shoulders and say, "Well, it's their fault! They didn't work hard enough!"
8. ???
9. Profit!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
10. Stop lowering passing grades because blacks can't pass the current tests.
11. Stop implementing racial quota's because blacks can't qualify without them.

Maybe immigrants would start respecting blacks if they found blacks part of society rather than parasites on society who use every excuse under the Sun on why they can't get ahead...

Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
A good friend who I grew up with who was from Vietnam told me that when he first came to America he was terrified of black people, as were his whole family because he had heard that we were thieves and would beat him up all the time and were just ignorant, horrible people.

Due to his family not having much money when they came, he had to live in a lower income neighborhood and probably about 30-40% of our neighborhood was black and I remember when he first came to school and looked scared all the time. He said it was because he thought all the black kids would beat him up LOL. So he was in constant fear of this stereotype. We all cracked up about that story when he told us in high school about it. He had immigrated here in 3rd or 4th grade and I do remember him looking scared to death. He said that everyone was nice to him, which was surprising. I remember making efforts to make him feel comfortable since I had my own stereotypes of Vietnamese coming from a war torn country.

All that to say that once they get here, I would think that most Asians of any variety would have that much of an issue with us blacks. Also those who continue to hold racist perceptions of black people will just do what racist white people do now a days and spew their stereotypes and ignorance online or with like minds and not display it out in the open for fear of ostracism from their non-racist friends, family and associates. They will seek out people who say stuff like this:

Quote:
And as a black person I will try to negate or ignorance and inform you that -
1. Not all black people in this country call themselves African American
2. Most black people know how to speak standard American english
3. Most black people don't sag their pants. And honestly I see more white youths with low pants than black youths most of the time.
4. Not all black people like basketball or "booty." I personally don't like either. My husband does like "booty" lol, but unfortunately I don't have the stereotypical onion butt and suffer from "noassathall syndrome" so he doesn't even have a good round butt to look at. He also doesn't like basketball. He did wrestle in high school and has recently gotten into baseball via the interest of our son in baseball (our son hates basketball for some reason, I actually think he'd be good at it as he is really tall but he doesn't like it) and has always been a decent football fan like most American men in general.

You should really grow up a little and stop spouting such ignorance. You make a ghetto hoodrat look like someone with a doctorate degree by comparison in regards to such silly comments.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 PM

629 posts, read 771,595 times
RACIST!!!!

Thats all libs got

over and over again

RACIST!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Hunter View Post
I was talking to a group of black friends about racism and discrimination and they told me something interesting. The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people. They say this is not true. Instead, the worst racism is from other people of color. Dark Skinned Blacks are openly discriminated against by light skinned blacks but perhaps the most racist group is Asian immigrants. They were never taught to be politically correct or sensitive and racism is quite common in their old countries. As more and more of American population comes from Asia and the Middle East African Americans will experience more racism that is quite blantent and extreme.

A good beatdown usually solves the problem. But seriously folks, I have seen and experienced lots of anti-black racism from Asian immigrants on the East Coast, principally from Indians and Chinese, but also from Asian Americans in Hawaii. You cannot underestimate how racist some in the last group can be. In terms of the light vs. dark Blacks thing, that isn't even a factor as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
The popular perception is that most of the negative reaction towards black people is from racist White people.
Tell your friends that they should check out C-D. I think that will rethink their opinions.

See below:

Quote:
10. Stop lowering passing grades because blacks can't pass the current tests.
11. Stop implementing racial quota's because blacks can't qualify without them.

Maybe immigrants would start respecting blacks if they found blacks part of society rather than parasites on society.
As for Asians, the problem isn't racism per se, but rather cultural styles that have led to confusion, things like not putting change in people's hands but rather placing it on the counter.

Personally, my experience with Asians has been overwhelmingly positive. Outside of white folks in my 60 years of experience the only racism that I've experienced was from a one Greek immigrant, and two Africans immigrants (I don't consider this to be racism in the usual sense) who mistakenly believed that they were better than African Americans. As for the light skinned black skinned think, in certain sections of New Orleans way back in the day, the brown paper bag thing was in full effect. Once again, I only had to contend with it once.

As for experiences with white racism, I lost count decades ago.

PS - In the late seventies I was in Lithuania and really got sick of being stared at. When approached everyone assumed that I was a Cuban boxer.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
You quoting from the Republican Party platform again? And you wonder why blacks - and any other group of moderately intelligent Americans - think of your racist ilk with nothing but contempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies