Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the U.S. issue a red line ultimatum to Iran?
Yes 4 12.12%
No 16 48.48%
The U.S. should not support an Israeli initiated war and let them face consequences alone. 15 45.45%
If Israeli initates war with Iran the U.S. should militarily come to Israel's aid. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

If Iran develops a nuclear alternate to petroleum fuel it could/would force the price of oil down. This would be a disaster for Saudi Arabia and all of the petroleum industry. It would both reduce the amount of money flowing through their hands it would reduce the return on investment. The US has been told that that must never happen by its petroleum and financial masters.

TFB - It will happen because IRAN will develop a domestic nuclear power industry even if we attack at Israel's behest. We should not dance Israeli PM Netanyahu's hora. Not only would we suffer losses of men and materials we might just lose much more of our Navy than we can afford. Our admirals have read Tsn Tzu and it is about time our politicians did as well. They might learn that not everything is bluster.

As I said before, I recommend reestablishing regular diplomatic and economic relations with IRAN starting with dropping all sanctions and embargoes. We are not responsible for whatever IRAN does. They are responsible for their own actions. We should also stop acting like Israel and Saudi Arabia’s pit bull. That is just demeaning and annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
[color=black]
As I said before, I recommend reestablishing regular diplomatic and economic relations with IRAN starting with dropping all sanctions and embargoes. We are not responsible for whatever IRAN does. They are responsible for their own actions. We should also stop acting like Israel and Saudi Arabia’s pit bull. That is just demeaning and annoying.
I on the other hand, recommend kicking the Ayatollahs' ass. It is beyond my understanding how people that claim being liberals, democrats, defenders of civil rights, etc, support a regime like Iran's which is the extreme opposite of what they believe in. The only explanation is a blind hatred towards America and Israel, which justifies even supporting radical Islam...
In spite of what Iran's apologists say, it has a retarded, medieval regime, which makes all efforts to silence Iranian liberals, communists etc.
However, being a middle-age style regime, doesn't necessarily mean that they will fire nuclear missiles on the first day. In their way, Iranian leaders are shrewd. They may use the weapon to leverage their position, keep the neighboring Arabs in fear and threaten Israel, this time with A bomb in hand. It is also possible that one day they will tell the US to get the fleet out of the Arab sea and the gulf, or else.... They may also send a suitcase to the lovable Sheikh Nasrallah (a strong supporter of Syrian massacres) and ask him to make good use of it. The bomb opens many alternatives for the extreme Islamist regime, which now they don't have.
As for a red line, I am not enthusiastic about US taking such step. How will that solve the problem? The US should keep all options on the table and talk less.
As far as I know, Israel has never asked US to fight in Israel's wars and in spite of what Arab propagandists claim, it never did. I am in favor of sending US troops to fight only US wars.

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-11-2012 at 06:44 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
NOPE...Just tell em if they try to stick one of those black market former Soviet war heads on a crude rocket that you will nuke em real quick...why mess around- Iran probably has had a couple of old war heads for a decade or more- The ones missing out the the old Soviet arsenal just didn't disappear...someone has them....I believe that is not the nuke people are worried about but the fact that getting an accurate delivery system is the problem- It's not rocket science...well actually it is that is holding them back- Yep...forget about this propaganda regarding the race to develop a bomb....Black market nuclear war heads are laying all over the planet in darkened ware houses under a stack of tomatoes.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Israel needs to be taken down a peg.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Iran getting Nuclear capability is inevitable, there is no red line does anyone actually think we would invade Iran, complete nonsense. We should be concerned with getting out of the countries we are in, not starting a new war. If Israel starts something they are on their own.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Iran getting Nuclear capability is inevitable, there is no red line does anyone actually think we would invade Iran, complete nonsense. We should be concerned with getting out of the countries we are in, not starting a new war. If Israel starts something they are on their own.
Makes sense to me. I've never been overtly political (I don't consider anonymous posts on CD as having much real world cred), but if Israel does instigate war and the U.S. proceeds to get involved in another foolish war I will be seriously pissed and want my opinion to be readily apparent to any idiot U.S. politician who is behind our involvement.

The U.S. has already gone too far by saying they want to "prevent" Iran from pursuing advanced uranium enrichment or building their own nuclear weapons. It's not our place to try and control what other countries do about such things. I mean, there are limits to what behaviors the global community should tolerate (I'm sure even the most insular can imagine some egregious events that would demand intervention; there may be many nations, but there is only one humanity and one Earth and we are all a part of it), but there is a high threshold and this instance of Iranian nuclear research and development does not come close to reaching it.

Last edited by Clint.; 09-11-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies