Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Birth control is a product to use. I am talking about a belief.. Most married people use birth control. I am sure that the church of Obama's use birth control and that is a non issue.
This makes NO sense! Catholics are not supposed to use birth control, yet 98% of Catholic women use it.

Obama's church does not forbid the use of birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
But you don't seem to know anything about his beliefs. You keep saying that a guy names Cone said something, and that is what Obama believes, and then you conclude that it also means that Obama is a racist.

Well, you do come across as someone who has a lot to learn about teachings of Christ. You are in full tear-down mode all the time, and when you don't have the facts, you make them up. It has nothing to do with Dem vs Repub. You showed yesterday that your faith revolves around politics, and that is a real shame, because the government is NOT the Church, the people are the church.

Agan, you don't seem to have any clue what he believes. It would help if you quoted Obama, and not a guy named Cone from NYC and claim his beliefs are Obama's beliefs.
Cone and Reverend Wright have the same beliefs... do you understand that!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
What do you think when a democrat tears me down as a Christian.
You give yourself away here, Taratova. It turns out all your pages and pages of judgmental bluster has nothing at all to do with Christianity and Mormonism, it's all about Republican versus Democrat. If Attila the Hun was running on the GOP ticket against St. Peter on the Democratic one, you'd be busy telling us why the old barbarian was the REAL Christian.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This makes NO sense! Catholics are not supposed to use birth control, yet 98% of Catholic women use it.

Obama's church does not forbid the use of birth control.

You better go take a reading comprehension course .

Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
As far as I have seen Romney , he has good fruit. The man has helped many people and can help create jobs for the unemployed that come in ALL colors and faiths and non faiths.

Shake the dirt off the feet.
So, he is your favorite because in your opinion he can creation jobs. And Obama sucks because he is not a good enough Christian. Do you see anything wrong with this view? You go on about how important Christian faith is in the candidate, only come back to say that it is really irrelevalnt as long as the candidate is a Republican. LOL. Well, there is it.....

Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Which questions have I ignored? I'm just about to respond to those in this post, which is very new. Were there others I missed?

We don't discuss the details of the ceremonies that take place in our temples, because we consider them to be too sacred to talk about, even amongst ourselves, outside the temple. So, I'd say I'm pretty much open to a discussion of about 98% of all Mormon doctrine.

Absolutely nothing, so I don't know why you think I'm unwilling to talk about my beliefs. I must have missed a question you asked earlier. If that happened and you want to tell me which post it was in, I'll be happy to address it.
this question: //www.city-data.com/forum/26035018-post138.htm

And Post #143 in this thread.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Cone and Reverend Wright have the same beliefs... do you understand that!
Read my post again.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You give yourself away here, Taratova. It turns out all your pages and pages of judgmental bluster has nothing at all to do with Christianity and Mormonism, it's all about Republican versus Democrat. If Attila the Hun was running on the GOP ticket against St. Peter on the Democratic one, you'd be busy telling us why the old barbarian was the REAL Christian.
That much it beyond obvious.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You give yourself away here, Taratova. It turns out all your pages and pages of judgmental bluster has nothing at all to do with Christianity and Mormonism at all, it's all about Republican versus Democrat. If Attila the Hun was running on the GOP ticket against St. Peter on the Democratic one, you'd be busy telling us why the old barbarian was the REAL Christian.
I lean republican because of the issues. Actually in the day of JFK the democratic party was not for abortion, birth control to anyone and gay marriage. It was about the working class only. Big difference today. Of course I am a republican.. all my Christian family and friends are republican. That is how it goes.

I have a right to my beliefs same as you. Got a problem with that! Oh Well!

Is it that judgemental.. it is the truth about Obama and you see it as judgemental.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
It's old news skippy. It didn't work last time. You realize that Romney lost to the man who lost to Obama in 2008 and THIS DIDN'T WORK! Again it's stupid to bring up because it failed before.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Please try something new.
Exactly. Obama's relationship with Rev. Wright was beat to death back in 2008 - why are we rehashing old news. The opposition is getting desperate??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies