Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is a divider. I have seen that quite well and he is doing a fabulous job. I see the blacks call Herman Cane an oreo. I have learned alot about how the democrats operate.

We are called racists if we even say one thing about Obama. Even Clinton was called a racist. Obama gave the finger to Hillary . I get the picture.

I get Obama. He doesn't want to create jobs.
This ^^^ is GOSSIP. And you know WHO likes for humans to spread gossip. Which side are you on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
You better go take a reading comprehension course .
You better read the TOS, quickly!

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
A Christian does not sit..and watch a screen while some Navy Seals put a bullet hole in a man's head. So what is the debate here?

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
No. Obama is so far left it is in dangerous territory.
No he's not.

He's barely left of center.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Obama is a divider. I have seen that quite well and he is doing a fabulous job. I see the blacks call Herman Cane an oreo. I have learned alot about how the democrats operate.

We are called racists if we even say one thing about Obama. Even Clinton was called a racist. Obama gave the finger to Hillary . I get the picture.

I get Obama. He doesn't want to create jobs.
Wow! All over the place there, first off you are off topic by a mile and secondly I would ask, does something just come over you when you get frustrated and you start spitting out talking points? Just curious

Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
So is the current GOP party, as was proven by the RNC.
Obama is the leader of the country .I watched Clinton work across the aisle to get something done for the people. Obama said he wants to spend time with his family and never worked with the democrats either to get a budget together. Obama doesn't work with anyone.

Pelosi does the work and Obama cruises in political mode all the time.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Obama is the leader of the country
And the ones crying loudest about Obama being divisive are those who are being the most divisive.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow! All over the place there, first off you are off topic by a mile and secondly I would ask, does something just come over you when you get frustrated and you start spitting out talking points? Just curious
No , You don't know what the topic is do you? What is the topic?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Black Liberation Theology as Marxist Victimology

Black Liberation Theology actually encourages a victim mentality among blacks.
It does not. In fact many of the members of Trinity that I'm aware of are quite successful and I've heard several attributing their success to the preaching of Rev. Wright.

I even heard a prior member became President of the United States at a time when many believed that a black man couldn't achieve that feat.

Trinity UCC has a huge emphases on assisting youth to complete High School and go onto College in order that they too could lead successful lives.
Quote:
John McWhorters' book Losing the Race, will be helpful here. Victimology, says McWhorter, is the adoption of victimhood as the core of one's identity -- for example, like one who suffers through living in "a country and who lived in a culture controlled by rich white people." It is a subconscious, culturally inherited affirmation that life for blacks in America has been in the past and will be in the future a life of being victimized by the oppression of whites. In today's terms, it is the conviction that, 40 years after the Civil Rights Act, conditions for blacks have not substantially changed. As Wright intimates, for example, scores of black men regularly get passed over by cab drivers.
Are you saying that isn't true or are you saying Cab drivers are justified in their actions.
Quote:
Reducing black identity to "victimhood" distorts the reality of true progress. For example, was Obama a victim of widespread racial oppression at the hand of "rich white people" before graduating from Columbia University, Harvard Law School magna *** laude,
I would like to point out that Obama went back to get his law degree after attending Trinity UCC.

From Stephen Mansfield's (who has actually attended services at Trinity) book "The Faith of Barack Obama".

Obama would also find at Trinity encouragement for his intellectual and professional quest. It is not a coincidence that he attended Harvard, practiced law, ran for public office in Illinois, and sought the presidency all after his connection to Trinity began. Trinity called for people to rise, created an environment of learning and achievement, and modeled the pursuit of intellectual excellence. Another pastor might joke about a seminary being a cemetery and about how believers could "get their learning and lose their burning." Jeremiah Wright, a man with four earned degrees, used, as Obama later wrote, "twenty-five-cent words" with regularity. He hired only well-educated staff, put university professors in charge of Sunday school classes, and worked to send the youth of his church to the most reputable schools in the land. Understanding a single Jeremiah Wright sermon might require knowing something of Middle East history, Greek, Hebrew, the amendments to the U.S. Constitution, the causes of World War II, the politics of the Sudan, and the details of how syphilis is spread. Obama thrived in such an environment. It fueled his intellectual curiosity, answered his theological questions, and honored his intention to rise on the strength of his mind.
Quote:
or after he acquired his estimated net worth of $1.3 million? How did "rich white people" keep Obama from succeeding? If Obama is the model of an oppressed black man, I want to be oppressed next! With my graduate school debt my net worth is literally negative $52,659.
The overall result, says McWhorter, is that "the remnants of discrimination hold an obsessive indignant fascination that allows only passing acknowledgement of any signs of progress." Jeremiah Wright, infused with victimology, wielded self-righteous indignation in the service of exposing the inadequacies Hilary Clinton's world of "rich white people." The perpetual creation of a racial identity born out of self-loathing and anxiety often spends more time inventing reasons to cry racism than working toward changing social mores, and often inhibits movement toward reconciliation and positive mobility.
Clearly you are not aware of all the work Rev. Wright and other people from Trinity have done. And self-loathing? When you find the means to succeed and overcome you normally are self loathing.
Quote:
McWhorter articulates three main objections to victimology: First, victimology condones weakness in failure. Victimology tacitly stamps approval on failure, lack of effort, and criminality. Behaviors and patterns that are self-destructive are often approved of as cultural or presented as unpreventable consequences from previous systemic patterns. Black Liberation theologians are clear on this point: "People are poor because they are victims of others," says Dr. Dwight Hopkins, a Black Liberation theologian teaching at the University of Chicago Divinity School.
Yet, Trinity UCC has some 70 ministries many of which are focused on helping people overcome the issues that are keeping them in poverty.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
And the ones crying loudest about Obama being divisive are those who are being the most divisive.
Guess what I am not the president and I am not the leader to bring them together. As Gov, Christie said. You are paid to lead this country , now lead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies