Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Listen to the video. It is not dumb. It is very revealing what Obama believes. He fed on this for 20 years of his life. A good look at what Obama believes . He attended the church for almost half of his life.
It's old news skippy. It didn't work last time. You realize that Romney lost to the man who lost to Obama in 2008 and THIS DIDN'T WORK! Again it's stupid to bring up because it failed before.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Please try something new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I've listened to that specific video of Dr. Cone previously, although not recently.

I have never denied that Trinity UCC is mostly black. Trinity is a mostly black church that voluntarily belongs to the UCC which is mostly white. They not only belong, but they support the denomination of mostly white people to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Trinity is also visited by hundreds of non-blacks every year. People who travel to the mostly black neighborhood where the churches sits to worship at a mostly black church.

Just this Sunday they had a mostly white Swedish Gospel Youth Choir singing during their services. The kids did a great job.

So I ask again who are they dividing from?
Do you fly to Chicago weekly so you can attend that church and know about what goes on. Many all white churches I know of bring in all black choirs because they do sing very well when they sing religious stuff.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You're doing a terrific job of that all by yourself. And your qualifications for divinity are?
I don't think she is an atheist and that would give her much more in the way of qualification for divinity than those of you here.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
America

Dr Cone:

“Black Christians believed that just knowing that Jesus went through an experience of suffering in a manner similar to theirs gave them faith that God was with them, even in suffering on lynching trees just as God was present with Jesus in suffering on the cross.â€
Or in Cone's real words the lynching was done by the white people. Cone sees it all in black and white not human race.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You do it by cherrypicking some comments made by some guy named Cone, and then you say "this is what Obama believes". It's slander. You don't know what Obama believes, you don't even know if he ever saw the guy. Obama was a member of the UCC church and it is not some radical black extremist organizaton, but a mostly white church.

A guick google reveals that Cone teaches in NYC, while Obama's church was nowhere near NYC.
Your 90% number applies to the national church and sure as hell not to the one that Wright preached at.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you have truly become one of THEM. I was hoping that would never happen but sure enough it has. Do you actually base your votes on the religion of the candidate? Oh well, maybe you only know a lot about the Bible and aren't a Christian.
No, I have been a Christian for some time now. I will vote for neither one of those clowns, I just find it strange that the same people who have been highlighting the importance of Christian faith in a candidate, are all of a sudden supporting a cultist, and tearing down the Christian one. It is quite obvious that Christian faith was never a factor, but rather a convenient tool to pander for the votes of the Christian citizens.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Watched one minute of the video and could not be bothered with the rest- I just don't want to waste time on fanatics..What does being black have to do with God? Absolutely nothing...This idea about utilizing Christianity by blending it with a black power movement is a shallow approach to the real doctrine and wisdom of Jesus the Christ.....This guy at first glace just strikes me as a little weasel who seeks personal power...buy trying to steal the power of Jesus- Kind of reminds me of the Romans who harnessed Christianity and warped it in order to control the masses...No- This is not a good thing...Jesus never would have gave his support to a racist....cos' Jesus was intelligent-and racists are not...

Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Was Cone the pastor of Obama's church?

If Obama were looking for street cred, I don't think he would have joined a UCC church, he would have joined a Baptist, Pentacostal or AME church.
Have you seen the people in attendance during Wright's God Damn America rant? Here is a chance to see and hear them so you can get off that whitge crap you are ranting about. About 2:30 there is a wide angle of the congregation that day.

Long excerpt of Wright's "God Damn America" speech - YouTube

Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
I will repeat yet again.

How does Obama's affiliation with Rev. Wright compare with Romney's affiliation with a religion that supports polygamy, claims the existence of imaginary white people in the Americas, claims black people are cursed angels and whose founder was an unrepentant racist and misogynist?
Has Wright repented yet? Do you think he ever will? Did he tell many lies in that God Damn America rant? The answers are No, No, and darned sure.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where did I say anything about you? You know how GOP voters love to portray him as a muslim and the next day he is a radical Christian. Anything goes.
There were no other Republicans in here other than I the OP. You know it was directed at me. And I am surprised you joined them . Wasn't there enough democratic posts that were about saying I called Obama a muslim?

Last edited by Taratova; 09-10-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies