Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It is a failed economy that started under Bush and was set up in the 90's by both parties that Obama was elected during and has failed to do anything to make better.

It is now Obamas failed economy and it will continue to be until some improvement happens under him with his policies

Thats how
He gave you just what you wanted, the biggest tax cuts in US history.

35% of the stimulus bill was tax cuts.

I knew it would fail.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...t-tax-cut-ever

And I knew you would blame Obama even thought he put the tax cuts in attempting to placate right wingers you vote for.

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-10-2012 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He gave you just what you wanted, the biggest tax cuts in US history.

35% of the stimulus bill was tax cuts.

I knew it would fail.

And I knew you would blame Obama even thought he put the tax cuts in attempting to placate right wingers you vote fore..
I didn't vote for them.....

You did though and he failed you.... go cry somewhere else...... at least I can see that both sides are to blame for all this crap

Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
How is this Obama's failed economy? Cut the crap.
This is what happens when you elect a community organizer as POTUS:

12,544,000: The Number Of Unemployed Workers.

8,031,000: The Number Of Workers Working Part-Time For Economic Reasons.

5,033,000: The Number Of Workers Who Have Been Unemployed for 27 Weeks or More.

1,043,000: Construction Jobs Lost Since President Obama Took Office.

582,000 Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since President Obama Took Office.

368,000: Workers That Dropped Out Of The Labor Force In August.

41,000: Downward Revision Of Jobs Created Over The Last Two Months.

15,000: Manufacturing Jobs Lost In August.

1981: The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was at Its Current Level of 63.5 Percent.

43: Consecutive Months The Unemployment Rate Has Remained Above Eight Percent.

39.2 Weeks: The Average Duration Of Unemployment – Nearly Double The 19.8 Weeks When President Obama Took Office.

14.7 Percent: The Real Unemployment Rate, Including Those That Are Working Part-Time Due To Economic Reasons.

11.2 Percent: The Unemployment Rate Had Labor Force Participation Remained Steady Since President Obama Took Office.

8.4 Percent: The Unemployment Rate Had Labor Force Participation Remained Steady From July 2012.

8.1 Percent: The Unemployment Rate In August 2012.

7.8 Percent: The Unemployment Rate When President Obama Took Office.

5.4 Percent: The Unemployment Rate President Obama’s Advisers Predicted If We Passed His $787 Billion Stimulus.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I didn't vote for them.....

You did though and he failed you.... go cry somewhere else...... at least I can see that both sides are to blame for all this crap
Who's crying? I'm not voting for Obama. And I'm making more income than I've made in my entire life

I'm just sitting here in Southlake watching these poor whites unable to vote in their own self interest.

Thinking Romney's cuts to their benefits will help them out in the long run....LOL

It's all about butt kissing elites, hoping they will thrown them a bone.

Fools.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
How is this Obama's failed economy? Cut the crap.

Obama is president. Didn't you libs say it was the Bush economy under Bush?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM

To help kids out with their future, Texas, run by Republicans, and already 42nd in funding per pupil, just decided to cut funding to public education by 13% more.

That's the GOP idea of helping poor kids out.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
To help kids out with their future, Texas, run by Republicans, and already 42nd in funding per pupil, just decided to cut funding by 13% more.

That's the GOP idea of helping poor kids out.
Kick all the damn illegals and anchor babies out and let's see where we stand.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
This is complete crap, and you know it.

Sorry, this can be laid at the feet of many people, including your typical American who borrowed up to his eyeballs for a new boat "on the house," but trying to pin this turd on Obama is just deceitful. Obama has not raised regulations, taxes, or anything that has had any substantive effect. This whole snowjob is getting damn old.

The GOP refused to help with this recovery in any bipartisan fashion. Instead, they have used the politics of opportunism. And they are going to get shipped in November, because this mangy dog won't hunt.
Whoa there, pardner.

Nothing in my post had anything to what Obama inherited. The condition of the economy on Inauguration Day 2009 had nothing to do with Obama, and I agree that the causes of the mess were multiple and involved many millions of us.

If you don't think Dodd Frank has crippled the community banking system, you haven't talked to any independent bankers. If you don't think the NLRB has been anti-employment, you haven't been paying attention. The expansion of the Clean Air Act will shut down 10% of the cement plants in the country, a larger fraction of our electricity generation capacity, and impact many other heavy industries. If you don't see the connection between that and unemployment, you are willfully blind. Even big Obama supporter Warren Buffett was dismayed by the unprecedented trampling of secured lenders and bondholders in the UAW bailout.

Obama inherited a mess. Every day in every way, his policies are making it worse. He owns the worst recovery ever.

The Republican obstruction has been on a par with doctors thwarting disease. Overpaying for used cars in order to crush them does not improve our wealth or wellbeing as a society. Neither does taking money from some people (or borrowing it from China) to bribe other people to buy homes. And subsidizing the unsustainable state and local government payrolls, burdened by pension abuses and excess staffing, is not like building the Hoover Dam or putting a man on the moon, or even building roads and bridges. We cannot waste enough money to regain prosperity, despite what President Obama or you may believe.

I'm sorry, there was no crap in my original post. Your blind dismissal of any criticism of the counterproductive policies of President Obama call into question your willingness to consider the raw facts and the flat truth of the weakest recovery on record.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Who's crying? I'm not voting for Obama. And I'm making more income than I've made in my entire life

I'm just sitting here in Southlake watching these poor whites unable to vote in their own self interest.

Thinking Romney's cuts to their benefits will help them out in the long run....LOL

It's all about butt kissing elites, hoping they will thrown them a bone.

Fools.
I agree that Romney and Obama are working against the interests of America.....people are definitely fools for voting for either

Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Kick all the damn illegals and anchor babies out and let's see where we stand.
That's not even in the realm of possibility, but right wing rights can't get that through their heads.

But they have a plan.

They are willing to cut their own kids and grandkids educations funds just to stick it to brown people.

Racism and tribalism are powerful forces with low IQ voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies