Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Or do you just hate some of the things that he did? If so. Why?
As soon as he went into Iraq, we all knew it was to complete what daddy couldn't get away with. He abused the situation by turning something righteous (Afghanastan) into a travesty (Iraq) The development of homeland security, the exchange of rights for safety and the TSA (Gestapo) are also his to be blamed for. The caveat is that he sincerely believed he was doing the right thing. I don't hate him, I felt betrayed by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Although I voted for Gore, I was glad we had Bush in office 9/11/01. Gore would have done jack sh*t.
Amen to that! Gore would have apologized for our buildings hitting their planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't hate GW Bush. I just consider him incompetent to be an executive of any kind. He does not seem to have the mindset or skills required. That is not his fault. Apparently he did not have enough sense to realize he could not do the job of being President of the United States

I do regret the damage he allowed his assistants to do to this country and its economy. It will take a long time to recover from the excesses of two unnecessary wars. I hope he is enjoying his retirement.
He is far more competent then you give him credit for. At least, he showed up for his daily briefings unlike Obama, who is totally incompetent. Bush could run on his record; Obama has to run from his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't hate GW Bush. I just consider him incompetent to be an executive of any kind. He does not seem to have the mindset or skills required. That is not his fault. Apparently he did not have enough sense to realize he could not do the job of being President of the United States

I do regret the damage he allowed his assistants to do to this country and its economy. It will take a long time to recover from the excesses of two unnecessary wars. I hope he is enjoying his retirement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I second this post. It is sad to see someone who does not know enough to know that they don't know. And that is surprisingly common. I think Jeb inherited George Sr's brains and Shrub inherited Barbara's bluster.

Please provide some specific examples of Bush's incompetency and how Obama being in the White House has made the situation better.

I'll wait...

Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Please provide some specific examples of Bush's incompetency and how Obama being in the White House has made the situation better.

I'll wait...
While they're at it they should explain why the middle east has been silently turned over, just like Iran was during Carter's administration. Obama abandoned friendly despots (who kept the peace) in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood, and now... Our consulates are burning and our people are being murdered in Egypt and Libya. On 911 no less. Is everyone this clueless as to what's really happening?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19562692

If we aren't in a full blown war with Iran by Christmas I'll be shocked.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
First and foremost he could barely complete an intelligent sentence. That in itself was embarrassing enough. The 2 wars that he started, unnecessary and totally unforgiveable. Hundreds of thousands of young minds, lives and limbs destroyed for what? Our economy, circling the toilet bowl while he's drawing pension, has 24 hour protection while safe and cozy in a mansion writing books.

And you're just fine with us continuing one of those wars seemingly indefinitely?

If Bush was wrong, why is Obama right?

The way I see it, we went to Afghanistan to kill people.

Those people are now dead.

OK, mission accomplished!

Does Obama need someone to tell him what to do the way Sarkozy and Cameron did when Obama took us to war with a nation which presented no credible threat to us whatsoever?

We're into the forth year of Obama voting present with respect to a pointless war.

Maybe someone should explain to the follower in chief that leadership requires decisiveness, accountability, integrity and above all else, initiative.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Also, no one expected mandatory 2nd and 3rd tours of Iraq.
They should have read their enlistment contracts.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Also, no one expecteld mandatory 2nd and 3rd tours of Iraq.
My son deploys next week for his 7th tour.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:

I don't hate the guy, in fact, he looks like he would be fun to party with.

I liked the tax cuts, he just didn't fund them.
I hate the Iraq war, it was unnecessary.
I hate TARP, it rewarded the banks for bad behavior.
His response to Hurricane Katrina sucked.
He helped ruin the economy.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I don't believe a single liberal on this thread. ALL OF YOU hate George W. Bush. ALL OF YOU are hedging because for you to say you hate George W. Bush would be an act of hypocrisy in light of all the accusations you've made towards conservatives for "hating" Barack Obama. Of course you're not going to own up to your hatred.

NONE OF YOU are that cunning, or that pursuasive. Complete hogwash.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't hate the guy, in fact, he looks like he would be fun to party with.

I liked the tax cuts, he just didn't fund them.
I hate the Iraq war, it was unnecessary.
I hate TARP, it rewarded the banks for bad behavior.
His response to Hurricane Katrina sucked.
He helped ruin the economy.

1). You don't fund tax cuts...you cut other areas to compensate for them.
2). Agreed...but hindsight is always 20/20. All the intelligence at the time agreed that Iraq was funding al-Qaeda. Once again, the Iraq War received overwhelming bi-partisan support.
3). Agreed again. TARP was the result primarily of the laws that fostered the environment in the first place. I agree that TARP sucked, but allowing a complete failure of our financial system just wasn't viable. Unemployment would have gone through the roof. The fact that Bush started the bailouts and Obama finished them is a testament to our system needing laws in place to prevent "too big to fail." But again, banks aren't the issue its the law Clinton repealed (Glass-Steagall) that allowed commerical banks to join investment banks and insurance companies creating these monster financial instutions that are ingrained so substantially in Everything we do. That is your real problem. Dodd-Frank is supposed to remedy this but it is possibly too much of an over-regulation. Naturally the business community claims this, but they said the same thing about Glass-Steagall as well....Time will tell
4). Bush gets too much blame for this. He didn't do the best of jobs but ultimately Mayor Nagin was the real failure. The Fed can't come into an area unless federal assistance is requested...Nagin waited too long.
5). He helped add to the deficit. The economic ruin we've seen is largely because the sub-prime mortgage crisis which is the by-product of mortgage backed securities, junk bonds, the community reinvestment act, and too big to fail. I think you'll have a tough time finding a link to Bush in these but I'd wager if you're willing to do some research you'll find Slick Willy himself in a fair many....but I doubt Clinton will own up to any of it.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
I dont hate dubs now as he is not in office. When he was I wished him dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies