Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
A**holes.

OBAMA and the Muslim Brotherhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 05:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
They did this, because of a Dutch movie made in Holland by Dutchmen?

Why did they storm the American embassy, and not the embassy for Holland?
Because the fanatic, extremist, Koran burning pastor from Florida is responsible for the movie.

Quote:
According to The Atlantic and Egyptian media, the movie is called "Mohammed, Prophet of the Muslims" and was produced by Jones, the controversial Florida preacher whose Koran burning in March 2011 led to the deadly violence in Afghanistan.

Jones today said in a statement that the film was actually titled "Innocence of Muslims" and was intended not to attack Muslims but to show the "destructive ideology of Islam."
Egyptians Flood US Embassy to Protest Anti-Islam Film Reportedly Linked to Terry Jones - ABC News

Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
OBAMA and the Muslim Brotherhood?
Note from Obama: New Executive Order:
All American Embassies will henceforth be issued White Flags of Surrender for use when diplomatic personnel are confronted by Muslim protesters.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because the fanatic, extremist, Koran burning pastor from Florida is responsible for the movie.

Egyptians Flood US Embassy to Protest Anti-Islam Film Reportedly Linked to Terry Jones - ABC News
Freedom of speech? I disagree completely with that azzhat in Florida. The question is should we be dumping tons of dollars we can't afford into a nation that is so radical? Where was the Egyption security?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Do the math...use some logic...Where is the sense in sending money to people who will use that money to harm you with your own money...I wonder how much ammo was bought and shipped from Pakistan to Afghanistan to kill American troops? Kind of like paying for the bullet that rips through your head...bizarre..

The Christians in America are mindless- The Muslim Brotherhood is allowing...the persecution and killing of Egyptian Coptic Christians.....what's with that all about? So America is sending money that will be used to kill Christians indirectly...If I were a Christian in America I would be a little worried about my future safety. Look what happened to the Jews 6o something years ago...now it may be happening to their fellow Christians...and all we get is silence from Obama...it is like history repeating itself..

This also reminds me of a father in the courts who pays his taxes...and those taxes are used to pay a judge that will destroy his family- getting screwed with your own money is the height of insult.
No need to attack as you and I are in agreement on this one.

It is not only silence from Obama but also mostly silence from our elected representatives and our media on the slaughter of Coptic Christians. We have had a few elected representatives stand up and call for an end to foreign aid, among them Sen. Rand Paul and Rep. Ron Paul. Their calls fall upon either deaf ears or defiant ones like Sec. of State Clinton's (who calls for more aid $$ to Egypt).

As to mindless Christians in the USA, perhaps they/we are to an extent. Not only are many typically uninformed Americans when it comes to politics but too many of the mainstream churches are lead by false prophets who neither teach the Torah nor prophecy. There is little emphasis on adherence to God's law. The greatest threat to Christians is not Muslims but the erroneous teachings of our own churches in a feel good effort to just get along. The rise of Chrislam will be the undoing of moderate Christians. Evangelicals have their own problems with false interpretation of the scripture of Paul; but, that is another topic entirely.

Without taking the thread too off topic I'd point out to those who are inclined to read and learn, Upton Sinclair's book and fictional warning about the evils of corporatism in marriage with the totalitarian state, written in 1935 titled It Can't Happen Here. Not only can it happen here, but, it has already begun to happen here in the US and abroad.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 09-11-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Freedom of speech? I disagree completely with that azzhat in Florida. The question is should we be dumping tons of dollars we can't afford into a nation that is so radical? Where was the Egyption security?
IMO, Rev. Jones should be sent over to defend the embassy and whatever he believes. Jones is a coward who puts the lives of others at risk while he hides.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:52 PM

7 posts, read 4,821 times
Can someone please provide the link to this movie I want to see it.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
IMO, Rev. Jones should be sent over to defend the embassy and whatever he believes. Jones is a coward who puts the lives of others at risk while he hides.
Freedom of speech as long as you agree with it? Maybe a country so radical is unworthy of US aid and a US Embassy.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Freedom of speech as long as you agree with it? Maybe a country so radical is unworthy of US aid and a US Embassy.
Then let Rev. Jones go to Egypt and use his freedom of speech all he wants.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabam1 View Post
Can someone please provide the link to this movie I want to see it.
Here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies