Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Just why is it most american jews are solid democratic party supporters again?
Good question. That's why Hillary moved to NY so she could get the Jewish vote, remember?

I'll be interested in watching to see what Obama does on Thursday/Friday that keeps himself so busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
He can't make time for the Prime Minister of Israel, but he can do Letterman.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,248,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There has been a lot of antisemitism posted by liberals here on c-d lately. I wonder why Jews vote for Dems when it's so clear the Dems hate them and their existence in the Middle East? In another thread, the liberals are calling Jews occupiers.
Liberals hate Israel because the Christian right supports them unconditionally. The Christian right in the US is by far the liberals' number one enemy, and they will despise anybody the Christian right backs and support anyone they are against. That is why most liberals have far more sympathy for Islam than Christianity or Judaism despite the fact Islam wants to kill the very people the liberal movement has placed on a pedestal: homosexuals.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Liberals hate Israel because the Christian right supports them unconditionally. The Christian right in the US is by far the liberals' number one enemy, and they will despise anybody the Christian right backs and support anyone they are against. That is why most liberals have far more sympathy for Islam than Christianity or Judaism despite the fact Islam wants to kill the very people the liberal movement has placed on a pedestal: homosexuals.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.
If Israel wants a fight, then they should just get to it. Right now, Bibi is like the little kid on the playground who starts a fight with a bigger kid and then expects him to wait while he runs home to get his big brother.

I don't hate Israel, I just don't see why their personal problems should be our personal problems when we have so many of our own.
I am sure if Russia said to us constantly that they want to wipe us off the map , we would think of it as a legitimate threat.

Israel is a tiny area surrounded by rogue nations. Obama ignores Netanyahu because it is a white nation. Obama is a Black power president .

Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
Liberals hate Israel because the Christian right supports them unconditionally. The Christian right in the US is by far the liberals' number one enemy, and they will despise anybody the Christian right backs and support anyone they are against. That is why most liberals have far more sympathy for Islam than Christianity or Judaism
You're full of it. But not treating Israel with the same kind of judgment that you would give to any other nation, you infantilize it. You disrespect its sovereignty, and that is unforgivable.

Quote:
despite the fact Islam wants to kill the very people the liberal movement has placed on a pedestal: homosexuals.
Oh a bigot too. Who would have guessed.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,225,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Obama is busy campaigning. Why would he have time for allies that he hates? I can't wait to see him booted from office.
The U.S. has been Israeli's ally; however, Israel has not been an ally to the U.S. Our reflexive and almost unconditional support for Israel has much to do with our unpopularity in that part of the world.

Our relationship with them is very one sided and needs to be reoriented to a more rational position. This would be a good time to take a public stand and do just that. It would also be in their best interest if they did not think they had U.S. in their pocket, because it would make them less bold and force them to be more diplomatic....hopefully.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
You dont give money to a country that is dealing with Iran.
Yes, you do.

You buy Russian oil, you buy things from China and India, and also Brasil, just to name four countries to whom you give money who deal with Iran.

Quote:
Iran has long said they wish for Israel to not exist. Period.
Iran said no such thing. That was thoroughly debunked, yet it's amazing how people still cling to it.

Reminds me of "chem-trails" (only different).

Dealing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"Perhaps"???

Of course, defending a free ally against attack by a big nation of 13th Century barbarians who might be about to get nuclear weapons, is so inconvenient and expensive. Maybe we would be better off if we just withdrew all support, let Israel and Iran duke it out, and then resume diplomatic relations with the winner and live in harmony, eh?
(Sigh), please people, will you look at a goddam map for once in your lives?

This is real life, not a video game. Israel has no navy to speak of and has zero capability for amphibious operations, not mention Israel has no way to logistical support such operations. The same is true for ground operations.

For those very same reasons, Iran will not be attacking Israel.

And as far as air power, those of you who did not get an "A" in high school physics ought not be flapping your lips.

An aircraft's range is irrelevant. All that matters is the combat radius, and there is no relationship between range and combat radius. Israel has no aircraft with sufficient combat radius to conduct any operations against Iran.

The best case scenario would be that Israel could attack the dual-reactors at Bushwehr -- with heavy losses, however, that will have absolute no impact whatsoever on any alleged nuclear weapons program.

And Israel would still have to refuel aircraft in-flight over the Persian Gulf (can you say "vulnerable?") either before or after the strike, unless the Israeli pilots intend to do a one-way suicide mission in vain.

As I have said so many times, there is no relationship between nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons. They are mutually exclusive. One can exist without the other. You only need a nuclear reactor if you want to build weapons >20 kt, because you need plutonium for that. The IAEA report proves conclusively without any doubt that Iran is not seeking plutonium.

So get over it already.

People have been screaming, "Iran's getting the bomb!" since 1984. They still don't have one.

Strategically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You miss the important part: the response! Whether it's leaked or not, the response is that "he's too busy".
Good.

Quote:
Sanctions are not working.
Why would they?

I tell you what, the whole world will sanction you for hiding Attila the Hun in your basement. When you give him up, the sanctions will end.

Quote:
Read up on it. Iran just announced that their nuclear capabilties are coming along well.
Read up on it? Why would I do that when I can look at real-time satellite?

You just can't stop yourself from the inflammatory rhetoric.

Iran's nuclear energy program is coming along well. What I just said is truthful. Too bad you cannot do the same.

Quote:
Ahmadinejad is being patronized and given more visibility than he deserves, while Netanyahu is marginalized.
Oh, that's rich.

Why don't you tell everyone how Ahmadinejad got elected in the first place?

I'll tell you. Bush the Younger marginalized the moderate President Khatami.

Bush the Younger insulted Khatami at every opportunity; snubbed Khatami at every opportunity; made Khatami the object of ridicule in the international media. So the Iranian people decided that if Khatami wasn't strong enough to stand up for himself internationally, then they would find someone who would --- and they did -- Ahmadinejad.

So you got what you deserved.

In any event, it's irrelevant, since Iran has term limitations, and the term limits for president are two terms, and this is Ahmadinejad's second term, which ends, when?

2013. Thank you very little.

Yes, elections were in 2005, and then in 2009.

Too busy...

Mircea

Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I'm pretty sure President Obama is a busy man. Netanyahu will get over it.
Yep the links are awaitin.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,890 times
Netanyahu understands DANGER, WAR, Threatening people. He's American educated, and a hero of the Israeli Army.

Last edited by MMM05; 09-11-2012 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies