Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

This says it all

"They were just trying to score a cheap news cycle hit based on the embassy statement and now it’s just completely blown up," said a very senior Republican foreign policy hand, who called the statement an "utter disaster" and a "Lehman moment" — a parallel to the moment when John McCain, amid the 2008 financial crisis, failed to come across as a steady leader.

Another republican

It's bad," said a former aide to Senator John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign. "Just on a factual level that the statement was not a response but preceding, or one could make the case precipitating. And just calling it a 'disgrace' doesn't really cut it. Not ready for prime time."

Another republican

"A third Republican, a former Bush State Department official, told BuzzFeed, "It wasn't presidential of Romney to go political immediately — a tragedy of this magnitude should be something the nation collectively grieves before politics enters the conversation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 12:09 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
This is absolutely a terrorist attack and it is an attack on American soil (the embassies). A very sad, sad day indeed.

About the topic - I am indifferent to the Romney press conference. I don't view it was this disastrous episode that the media wants us to believe, nor do I view it as some over-the-top amazing presidential moment.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Romney's comments were on the Cairo attack where the flag got ripped and the Cairo embassy apologized for hurting the Muslim's feelings.

The Libya attack happened after Romney's comments.

You aren't keeping your current events in order. That or you are blindly listening to talking points.

About 2pm yesterday is when the Cairo story broke. Both the Cairo embassy and Hillary release statements that condemned the "religious intolerance" shown to the Muslims. Not a word about them taking over the embassy or tearing the US Flag to shreds.
And the embassy retweeted the message as the embassy was being stormed, according to reports.

Now, news is coming out that these were coordinated attacks that were done not as some out-of-control protest.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/...html?hpt=hp_c1

Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was probably there visiting the outpost.
Looks more and more like a planned attack by some radicals, possibly Al Qaeda. They will get to the bottom of it, no need to Romneize it by going off half cocked.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
[quote=stayinformed40;26059636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
You mean the expression Romney had on his face listening to the idiotic questions from the Obama Press trying to make Romney declare "regret" for his statement yesterday? That expression? [b]And oh hey, Romney took questions from the Press while Obozo strolled away from the podium with Ms. Klintonista without answering the reporter who shouted out, "Mr President, was this an act of war?"[/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Romney did not run and hide as soon as he spoke. He took the punches most of the liberal media tried to throw at him and he answered with dignity, grace, and knowledge. He is a far better leader than Obama. Actually, the words leader and Obama do not belong in the same sentence.
Bush promised to "smoke bin Laden out" mission not accomplished...promise broken!

If memory serves, Obama vowed even before he wes elected to focus on bringing bin Laden to justice. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...promise kept!

Obama vowed to bring justice for this heinous act upon these diplomats. Spinelss, guy of zero integrity Romney, spouts BS and then smirks...hmmm...

My money is on The POTUS...Obama 2012

Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
This says it all

"They were just trying to score a cheap news cycle hit based on the embassy statement and now it’s just completely blown up," said a very senior Republican foreign policy hand, who called the statement an "utter disaster" and a "Lehman moment" — a parallel to the moment when John McCain, amid the 2008 financial crisis, failed to come across as a steady leader.
Link or your post is utter BS.....

You can write what ever you want...or is this from an unknown source......

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM

441 posts, read 501,068 times
Mossad, obviously.

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
[quote=sickofnyc;26060871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

Bush promised to "smoke bin Laden out" mission not accomplished...promise broken!

If memory serves, Obama vowed even before he wes elected to focus on bringing bin Laden to justice. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...promise kept!

Obama vowed to bring justice for this heinous act upon these diplomats.

Spinelss, guy of zero inegrity Romney, spouts BS and then smirks...hmmm...
My money is on The POTUS...Obama 2012
That's about right...only 1 thing you could think of...now what about cutting the deficit in half....Promise NOT kept...

What about unemployment not going above 8% Promise NOT kept....

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
While I feel Sam Bacille is a number one jerk, I have served my Country and fought for everyone's freedom of speech and expression.

I didn't agree with the Westboro Baptist Church and I didn't agree with the Nazis that wanted to parade around in a Jewish suburb of Chicago.

But...I will and have fought for their FREEDOM to do so.

There is NO ONE to blame but the murderers themselves for their intolerance.

That said.....security at our embassies SHOULD have been the best, plans should have been made in case of an event like this, and Obama was in charge when they were warned about poor security years ago.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Nothing wrong with his statement. The Obama WH first statement yesterday was basically an apology, which is disgraceful.
Does anyone remember what Bush said about the Danish cartoons in 2006?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies