Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,732,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
i just watched the link and liked whta he said, everything was truthful, so I guess right-wingers have a problem with the truth now!!!

Just for the record......MORE soldiers have died in Afghanistan under Obama's watch (in only 3+ years) than did under Bush's watch.

Kind of ironic that he hammered Bush and McCain for LESS deaths than he's responsible for isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Since Romney actually said the same thing as they (Washington) did 9.5 hours afterwards, then what this actually shows is that Romney's statement SHAMED them into releasing a similarly worded one themselves.

No media spin can change that fact.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,601,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Here is a article I think that explains things pretty good about Sunni vs Shiite and how al-Qaida is in the mix with them.

The Arab Spring is dead -- and Syria is writing its obituary - World News
I believe this article is close to the truth, although Shi'ites are the more tolerant of the two. It is the Sunni's that seek to kill, or enslave, the non-muslims, and they include Shi'ites in that group. They say the Shi'ites seek progress and that is against Allah. The Wahhabis are Sunni.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,686,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He doesn't need intel-briefings because why?

Anybody think why?

Because he READS THE REPORTS!

He doesn't rank our national security very highly.

He believes idealistically that we should trust people who are scheming to kill us.

Who is being naive now?

He has inside information we're not privvy to.
OFGS!!!
Of course he has 'inside' information! He's the president!
What's funny is, YOU think you know better than the president (with all his inside information)!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,492,992 times
Oh! Obamatrons defending the killing of Americans by ME animals. Who would have thunk?!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,161,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Maybe Obama should have a beer summit and talk it all out. We all know how important it was to get ALL the facts in that case, right?

I wonder if he has actually had a face to face briefing yet. Is he back from Vegas? What an empty suit.
Actually, Obama replaced the briefings with "daily exchanges". The President reads the materials and poses written questions and comments to intelligence officials.

You ever get tired of drinking the same koolaid over and over again?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,246,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Since Romney actually said the same thing as they (Washington) did 9.5 hours afterwards, then what this actually shows is that Romney's statement SHAMED them into releasing a similarly worded one themselves.

No media spin can change that fact.
I suspect the Obama crowd didn't know what was going on until after Romney made a statement. I may not have been shame, but it should have been. Though Oba-meh looked like he'd been whipped by Hilary when they appeared in the WH yard to make a statement.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,353,561 times
Also, Obama said that EGYPT IS NOT OUR ALLY! Sounds to me like that was "shooting first and aiming later" like he accused Romney of.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh! Obamatrons defending the killing of Americans by ME animals. Who would have thunk?!

Seriously......you'd expect even Liberals to care about the murder of a career diplomat.

But no....they say it's a faux outrage.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,196,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Romney called the statement released by the Cairo Embassy a "disgrace". He said it was disgraceful for the first statement to be an apology to the very people who are perpetrating the violence.

Then, 9.5 hours later, Obama's people say the same thing.....
Get off the hypocrisy train alreadty...it's so obvious...

George W. Bush Apologizes To Muslim Country For Killing Korans

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...apology-quran/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies