Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of strip clubs?
Love 'em! 16 10.88%
They're ok for a bit of fun/titilation 39 26.53%
Not really my thing 71 48.30%
I hate them 21 14.29%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:00 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times

Advertisements

This is just my opinion. I've been maybe three times, all dragged there by friends (okay, all but one time when I just wanted to check it out) and every time I went there I just felt like a loser.

Firstly, I think the idea of PAYING to see to a woman's naked body (heck half the time they're not fully naked anyway) just strikes me as ridiculous. A tribesman would probably laugh at the idea. It just seems the human body shouldn't be a 'commodity' like that. I mean any decent looking man should be able to get a girlfriend and see her naked for 'free.'

Second how phoney it is. I don't enjoy it when the strippers give me lap-dances, because I know they're not into it. This brings me to point 3:

How miserable most of them look, and the looks they give you. All the while it's an exercise in mutual...patheticness...I'm sure most strippers think most patrons are just losers who aren't getting laid enough, or just lame horny males. And of course a lot of the men don't respect the girls either, but just the atmosphere is so unfriendly. Actually, I can relate an incident I'm a bit ashamed of. One time this stripper threw an ice cube right into my crotch - I'm sure she was aiming for me. It hurt a bit. So I threw it right back at her at her back when her back was turned. She didn't see that I did it but she turned around and got really pissed off. I felt kind of ashamed to stoop to that level, it must've been humiliating for me but I feel the strippers don't respect the patrons either. I guess why should they?

I guess the whole seedy atmosphere here. People who own strip clubs just seem involved in dodgy enterprises. I don't look down on the men and some women who go there, but I just think it's lame and will never set foot in one without good reason again. I don't think it's cool or raunchy in any way...asking a girl to come into a strip club must be one of the lamest things I've heard.

I generally don't tip a lot or buy 'tokens' or whatever, so that's another reason they didn't like me. After half an hour I've had enough...I'm sure many do enjoy the experience, and some women are laughing with the money they get. Most strippers i've seen are pretty average, just girls on the street. while many are just ordinary girls, you do wonder. I certainly don't look down on them as people.

A couple of years ago I caught up with an old school friend. He wasn't the best looking guy, but he was pretty nice. He was really excited about this certain strip club, said it was really great, so I decided to keep him company. He was going on about how great it would be to get a 'private dance' and I just thought it was just a rip-off. In Thailand they give you that sort of thing for free, in fact they're very forward sometimes feeling you up and kissing you with tongue.

But yeah, I just feel it's phony, and i feel like a chauvinistic loser when i go. Don't wanna bash it too much, just my two cents.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 AM

91 posts, read 307,187 times
I agree 2000%. I have a friend who has dated a stripper and she said the majority are lesbians and do not like men in the first place. I can think of 100 better ways to spends my money

Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
I admit, it's not my scene.

Been a few times with friends, but not somewhere I'd choose to go normally.
Not bad for a stag night or something, but I couldn't see myself making it a regular thing
Can't abide the thought of a lapdance, don't want some stranger rubbing their bits in my face.

Have to say tho, some of the pole dancers are incredibly talented.

Been to some good ones, and some bad ones.
Worst was probably the Burke and Hare in Edinburgh, best, probably A.J's in Secaucas N.J.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 AM

317 posts, read 528,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is just my opinion. I've been maybe three times, all dragged there by friends (okay, all but one time when I just wanted to check it out) and every time I went there I just felt like a loser.

Firstly, I think the idea of PAYING to see to a woman's naked body (heck half the time they're not fully naked anyway) just strikes me as ridiculous. A tribesman would probably laugh at the idea. It just seems the human body shouldn't be a 'commodity' like that. I mean any decent looking man should be able to get a girlfriend and see her naked for 'free.'

Second how phoney it is. I don't enjoy it when the strippers give me lap-dances, because I know they're not into it. This brings me to point 3:

How miserable most of them look, and the looks they give you. All the while it's an exercise in mutual...patheticness...I'm sure most strippers think most patrons are just losers who aren't getting laid enough, or just lame horny males. And of course a lot of the men don't respect the girls either, but just the atmosphere is so unfriendly. Actually, I can relate an incident I'm a bit ashamed of. One time this stripper threw an ice cube right into my crotch - I'm sure she was aiming for me. It hurt a bit. So I threw it right back at her at her back when her back was turned. She didn't see that I did it but she turned around and got really pissed off. I felt kind of ashamed to stoop to that level, it must've been humiliating for me but I feel the strippers don't respect the patrons either. I guess why should they?

I guess the whole seedy atmosphere here. People who own strip clubs just seem involved in dodgy enterprises. I don't look down on the men and some women who go there, but I just think it's lame and will never set foot in one without good reason again. I don't think it's cool or raunchy in any way...asking a girl to come into a strip club must be one of the lamest things I've heard.

I generally don't tip a lot or buy 'tokens' or whatever, so that's another reason they didn't like me. After half an hour I've had enough...I'm sure many do enjoy the experience, and some women are laughing with the money they get. Most strippers i've seen are pretty average, just girls on the street. while many are just ordinary girls, you do wonder. I certainly don't look down on them as people.

A couple of years ago I caught up with an old school friend. He wasn't the best looking guy, but he was pretty nice. He was really excited about this certain strip club, said it was really great, so I decided to keep him company. He was going on about how great it would be to get a 'private dance' and I just thought it was just a rip-off. In Thailand they give you that sort of thing for free, in fact they're very forward sometimes feeling you up and kissing you with tongue.

But yeah, I just feel it's phony, and i feel like a chauvinistic loser when i go. Don't wanna bash it too much, just my two cents.
play table tennis then

Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
To each their own. I honestly don't care and it doesn't bother me. I think strip clubs are too expensive and I can honestly get more from a woman by approaching one at a supermarket than I could in a strip club.

If someone likes to go, more power to em.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,923 times
When I was in college I thought they were cool, and awesome and used to go all the time with my friends, then I dated two of them and got the low down on strippers, and I was done after that. It's great for the women though, they can make some good money doing nothing but dancing and selling hope that a man can get some from them. The only time I go now is if it's for a bachelors party, and that is more to just hang with the guys and drink, I won't pay for lap dances or anything. And honestly, as much money as a lot of men spend there, they would be better off getting a hooker. I have heard of guys spending thousands of dollars just for champagne room dances and get nothing out of it. To each their own I guess.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 AM

409 posts, read 497,716 times
I'd feel wierd inside a strip club also. Mostly cause of the phoniness but going to one is prolly on my bucket list. Along with a Maid Cafe, a KTV Bar, and a Hostess Club. :P

Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagadawgs View Post
I agree 2000%. I have a friend who has dated a stripper and she said the majority are lesbians and do not like men in the first place. I can think of 100 better ways to spends my money
Yeah I think some strippers and prostitutes start to develop a hatred or disdain for men. That'd be my biggest gripe about dating one, not what they did. Many aren't and are 'well-adjusted' and enjoy it, but many seem to just be almost forced into it through drug addiction or something. I went to a strip club once with a guy who knew of the strippers and said she was a heavy drug addict. In most cases there's nothing 'empowering' about it either.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
I have to say, I was to a strip club once, many years ago, with a group of friends. Never been to one again, nor will I ever set foot in one again. About the best descriptive word I can think of is disgusting.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagadawgs View Post
I had a friend who dated a few of them, the above isn't true at all. Majority are most definitely straight and a lot of them prostitute themselves to close clients. Sex can be addictive and most strippers are addicts. Its a drug. I personally am not a fan, but I believe they serve a purpose in society. I am also a strong believer that prostitution should be legalized. Maybe then, psycho people wouldn't rape/kill others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies