Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Who is Mayor Nutter?

The Mayor of my city spends money quite frugally...

You must live in one of the rust belt northern liberal cities....
I am not a liberal....however, in Philadelphia, Mayor Nutter is spending money like it's water....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Because at the core level the are all controlled by the same people
Exactly!!!! I cannot believe how utterly stupid we americans are, that we are buying all this garbage.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I found it hilarious how Obama bashed Romney for not detailing his plans in his convention speech, promising that he was going to give details in his. When the DNC rolled up and Obama gave his speech, no details were to be found, only promises and goals he set, with no directions or details on how he planned on achieving those.
Hilarious, that for years now, candidates for the Presidential Election get away with this? Hilarious that both sides do this...Bush did this for 2, I said 2 terms and got away with it. Someone said, in a previous post that American's are loosing intellect...and it shows...yes, our Presidents very much do represent the American public, which doesn't say much for who we've had of late...meaning the past few years...and we allow it, buy it and don't seem to learn anything from history...we keep repeating history!

Quote:
Romney's plan is, for the most part, outlined entirely on his website though. It's not a small plan by any means, so detailing it in a speech or an interview would take days. I'm sure Obama has a "plan" too, but I'm pretty sure it's to keep on the same path that we have been going. Spend as much money as we like because we can just keep printing more. Go on the path of turning everyone who isn't wealthy against those who are, in attempt to get the wealthy to "share the wealth". Defraud the American people time and time again and woe them with your celebrity status. I could be wrong, but that's just what it seems like to me.
Our country is now governed by insanely wealthy people who keep raising prices to get richer, and give us shoddy products and utilities. No upgrading is being done, no preventative maintanence...for instance...for years now, this country is ravaged by tornadoes, and storms...and yet, the utility companies do nothing, to avoid this, by putting power lines under ground...or, even preventative maintenance, by using the summer months to go around and cut away all the trees from the power lines. Down in Florida, and the hurricane states, they should have strict building codes, houses should only be built with concrete blocks...that is how they do it in the Bahamas, and they don't have near the damage we do. No one knows how to think ahead any longer, it's all about instant gratification...

No one is held accountable for doing a bad days work, anything goes...people are developing software products without even talking to those who use it daily...they don't care...it's a freakin joke...

American's are so far behind now, other countries are catching up...we don't invent any longer, I mean everything is going to hell...and here we are fighting back and forth, dems against repubs...and it's a freakin joke...nothing changes, no matter who gets in, it just keeps getting worse and worse, and they allow the filthy rich to continue to rape us, giving us nothing, no upgrades, no preventative maintenance...they just don't care...period. I saw on the news, somewhere close by, gas went up to 10.00 a gallon??????????? We're turning into another ROME.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 AM

[quote=DRob4JC;26056140]Ours is a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."
Quote:

Our leaders represent the core of who we are as a nation.
Yes, and if your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be.

Quote:
Are we united? Nope. Makes it easy to be divided and conquered.
It is so refreshing to read, that someone else gets it!

Quote:
Are we educated? Getting worse and worse each year. Makes it easy to be manipulated.
this is so true...

Quote:
What are the men doing? Are they leading and serving, or are they selfish and weak and simply fulfilling their animal instincts?
Yes, indeed!

Quote:
What are the state of families? They are the building block of our society. Half of marriages end in divorce. Half of inact families are probably dysfunctional in some way.
What has happened to common sense? Why are we so primitive in believing we have to be a couple to be successful then marry the first man that comes along?

Quote:
People want the lifestyle they see on TV without doing the hard work.
Not to mention, people don't know they're jobs any longer and are not held accountable, b/c they hire consultants to tell them how to do they're jobs, and consultants, don't have a clue, b/c they don't have hand's on experience?

Less and less people depend on God for their daily needs.

Quote:
If you sit back and take a look at the entirety of the people in the America - it's not hard to see why we are where we are - and why the same suspects are being elected.
America is broke, not only financially, but morally, intelligently, even common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies