Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Another uninformed Obama voter gets interviewed and given the spotlight. Wait, let me find my shocked faced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Us dumb rednecks will only vote for someone if'n they say "y'all" a whole bunch and mention Jesus at least 20 times in every speech. 'Cause we all think and vote exactly the same.
Hey, you said it, i didn't.

Besides, the emboldened part of your post is something that African Americans are accused of all the time and no one seems to think it's out of line. So why is it out of line now (assuming that i'm inferring such a thing....and i'm not)?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:55 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Southern whites troubled by Romney's wealth, religion .

One person says something and now all southern whites are troubled by this. BS. I am a southern white and I don't know anyone who is troubled by Romney's wealth or religion. I could not care less about either.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I can see why, Romney never discusses his wealth or religion. The only thing Romney talks about is the economy, the economy and the economy.

Thats because as much as some people dont like the idea , for the majority of independant voters this will be a one issue election.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:14 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Southern whites troubled by Romney's wealth, religion .

One person says something and now all southern whites are troubled by this. BS. I am a southern white and I don't know anyone who is troubled by Romney's wealth or religion. I could not care less about either.
I am way more concerned about Obama being a Communist.

Southern whites troubled by Romney's wealth, religion-rom-obama-imagesca3s28te.jpg

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Another bigoted statement. Is there an element like this? Sure. Just like there is an element of the black population that... Drop the broad brush and get real. Bigotry comes in all colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...Southern Whites have a history of being troubled by everybody that isn't EXACTLY just like they are. They have no credibility as a group on that count.

I don't care one way or the other. There is nothing wrong with Mitt Romney's religion or wealth.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
I am a southerner but not here to brag about it. I just wonder why romney would stash cash in off shore accounts if he was all for the american way and wanted to support our economic system. I think he just wants to support HIS own economic system,I need to see those tax returns too ...lol And I wont even get into why he doesnt believe the Bible........you got to believe the Bible

Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM

876 posts, read 708,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I am a southerner but not here to brag about it. I just wonder why romney would stash cash in off shore accounts if he was all for the american way and wanted to support our economic system. I think he just wants to support HIS own economic system,I need to see those tax returns too ...lol And I wont even get into why he doesnt believe the Bible........you got to believe the Bible
If you were rich, would you rather pay taxes on money that you have already paid taxes on so that obama can give it to failing businesses that ship jobs over seas? I'm more worried about what obama is doing with my money than what Romney does with his. He's rich, get the effe over it.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
This can't be true. I thought all southern whites were voting against Obama because of race. Which is it?

Old 09-12-2012, 02:19 PM

957 posts, read 1,132,549 times
It seems Reps wanna lose once again by presenting to the electorate a medriocre candidate, yesterday McCain and today Romney, it seems they chose someone who isn't in tune with the majority of the Americans righ now.
I mean, how on earth might one stand with the rich in this moment??with those who export jobs overseas, who live better than most of the people etc while the middle class is shrinking and shrinking, on the verge to become a new proletariate (hence layng to leftist political programs)??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies