Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
So for you "right and wrong" is a game of percentages?

If the followers of Islam are 100% obedient to the Quran, does it really matter what percentage of the Quran advocates Jihad? If they're 100% obedient to their foundational teachings would fewer innocent people be victimized if only 2% of the Quran advocated Jihad?
Look, I don't agree with the fundamentalists that subscibe to and preach that 4%. Just saying that the whole religion is not bad when taught as a whole. What if every church leader you listened to focused on "an eye for an eye" instead of on the bigger picture that the Bible and Christianity in general conveys? Do all Christians subscribe to 100% of what the Bible says?

But that really is a debate for another thread, not one on a film that is being used as an excuse to attack American's.

If they are all as bad as some say they are, let's pack up all of our stuff and get out of there. Since there seems to be no point in reasoning with them, then why should we keep American's over there?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 PM

99 posts, read 203,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Look, I don't agree with the fundamentalists that subscibe to and preach that 4%. Just saying that the whole religion is not bad when taught as a whole. What if every church leader you listened to focused on "an eye for an eye" instead of on the bigger picture that the Bible and Christianity in general conveys? Do all Christians subscribe to 100% of what the Bible says?

But that really is a debate for another thread, not one on a film that is being used as an excuse to attack American's.

If they are all as bad as some say they are, let's pack up all of our stuff and get out of there. Since there seems to be no point in reasoning with them, then why should we keep American's over there?

I believe the last report I've seen on this is an article about an FBI analysis that has stated that over 80% of all mosques in the US preach violent Jihad. The percent of the Quran that advocates Jihad seems a bit less important than the number of mosques that promite it.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:09 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
I believe the last report I've seen on this is an article about an FBI analysis that has stated that over 80% of all mosques in the US preach violent Jihad. The percent of the Quran that advocates Jihad seems a bit less important than the number of mosques that promite it.
I believe you're full of crap. Post the FBI report.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Would this be your source? Mosques | The Counter Jihad Report

Is "Counter Security Policy" code for FBI?

Very credible and reliable.

Last edited by softblueyz; 09-12-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman at jewel lake View Post
islamic nutjobs got the ambassador killed and embassy overrun...don't try shifting the blame to the innocent. It's like blaming an attractive woman for being raped. All the filmmaker did was tell the truth. We have become too cowardly to tell the truth, because some crazy wackos might get all butt-hurt. I have no sympathy for someone that will murder bacause someone questioned their silly superstitions. Screw 'em and their pedophile priest.

Anyone got a link to the whole movie? It sounds like it's worth reposting.
seems like a case of yelling fire in a movie theater.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Right, throw that hot chick in the pretty dress in jail for forcing that guy to rape her.
What the heck are you trying to say? I never said or implied anything of the sort, try re-reading my post and get back to me. Clue: if it were up to me the SOB that raped the sixteen year old girl would have been castrated and sent to prison for a long long time.
Oh and why are you replying to me here on what I said on your thread on the 16 year old and not there?

As for this thread, if you know somone is going to commit and act of violence by you saying something outragous then you bear some responsibility for the results of your choice. A girl walking down the street and some arse feeling the need to attack another religion in a film are not comparable, so don't even try. Use some common sense, if you drove through Watts or Compton yelling racial slures would you be somewhat resonsible for how others might react, if you disagree please feel free to try it some time and let me know how it works out for ya, if you still can.

Just curious, do you actually read my posts or do you simple dislike me so much you attack me without a second thought, if the second is true maybe you should simply skip over my posts and ignore me.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 09-12-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Israeli filmmaker in hiding as protesters outraged by portrayal of Prophet Muhammad — RT

Well Sam, good work. You got the US Ambassador of Libya and three of his staff killed and the American Embassy in Cairo is under attack.

Was it really a provocative political statement or to incite violence??
So it's the fault of a filmmaker that a bunch of barbarian monkeys went haywire? Good lord, a cartoon in a danish newspaper caused them to go haywire, a movie, well, I guess we should await the entire earth to be blown up..

Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I for one think instead of tip toeing around, we should expect them to grow a pair and deal with these things in a mature fashion, instead of becoming the violent lunatics we see and associate with Islam. (For good reason).

Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Israeli filmmaker in hiding as protesters outraged by portrayal of Prophet Muhammad — RT

Well Sam, good work. You got the US Ambassador of Libya and three of his staff killed and the American Embassy in Cairo is under attack.

Was it really a provocative political statement or to incite violence??
Max Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author whose articles and video documentaries have appeared in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Beast, The Nation, The Guardian, The Independent Film Channel, The Huffington Post, Salon.com, Al Jazeera English and many other publications. He is a writing fellow for the Nation Institute.

Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots

While Bacile claims to be in hiding, and his identity remains murky, another character who has been publicly listed as a consultant on the film is a known anti-Muslim activist with ties to the extreme Christian right and the militia movement. He is Steve Klein, a Hemet, California based insurance salesman who claims to have led a “hunter-killer team” in Vietnam.”

Klein is a right-wing extremist who emerged from the same axis of Islamophobia that produced Anders Behring Breivik and which takes inspiration from the writings of Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, and Daniel Pipes.

It appears Klein (or someone who shares his name and views) is an enthusiastic commenter on Geller’s website, Atlas Shrugged, where he recently complained about Mitt Romney’s “support for a Muslim state in Israel’s Heartland.

This thing is still evolving....

Interesting....

In other news...

Israeli officials said there was no record of him [Sam Bacile] being a citizen.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Quote:
Then let's tear down every mosque and send all Muslims back where they came from and bring all our people home from Muslim nations and call it a day. Would that make you happy?

ABTW, why is it that when some people go on diatribes about what you perceive to be Obama taking away the rights of American's, it is always a Muslim American that you are talking about? If they are all bad, why should that concern you?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Max Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author whose articles and video documentaries have appeared in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Beast, The Nation, The Guardian, The Independent Film Channel, The Huffington Post, Salon.com, Al Jazeera English and many other publications. He is a writing fellow for the Nation Institute.

Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots

While Bacile claims to be in hiding, and his identity remains murky, another character who has been publicly listed as a consultant on the film is a known anti-Muslim activist with ties to the extreme Christian right and the militia movement. He is Steve Klein, a Hemet, California based insurance salesman who claims to have led a “hunter-killer team” in Vietnam.”

Klein is a right-wing extremist who emerged from the same axis of Islamophobia that produced Anders Behring Breivik and which takes inspiration from the writings of Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller, and Daniel Pipes.

It appears Klein (or someone who shares his name and views) is an enthusiastic commenter on Geller’s website, Atlas Shrugged, where he recently complained about Mitt Romney’s “support for a Muslim state in Israel’s Heartland.

This thing is still evolving....

Interesting....

In other news...

Israeli officials said there was no record of him [Sam Bacile] being a citizen.
It doesn't matter who produced the video. You simply don't kill people because they make a mockery of your faith. This is something that every religion or philosophical group goes thru - unless its Islam, where then its understandable because we hurt their feelings. To make it worse, they just randomly kill anyone just to retaliate. They are mindless apes with nothing but depravity in their hearts (if they even have one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies