Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why are liberals so supportive of Islamic violence?

Does this go along with the liberals here on c-d who call Jews 'occupiers' of Israel?

What an ugly mindset.
I think you're confusing liberals with Democrats... actually, I think you're confusing anti-Semites with liberals AND Democrats! Guess you've forgotten that over 70% of American Jews vote Dem, and also that not all liberals follow the Democrat playbook?

Signed, a Jewish non-Democrat liberal who makes no excuses for terrorism/violence (from anyone)

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-12-2012 at 07:59 PM..

Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Liberals are so stupid, they don't realize that if Muslims ever took over, the extremist would be coming for them first.
Again, you seem to be confusing terms here... find me a liberal (not necessarily a DEM) who wants Sharia law enacted in the US, and I'll send you a virtual cookie.

I must say, though, I'm just as scared by the extreme right's desire to enact Christian law/theocracy in this country. Does anyone really think THAT would be a good plan?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
All I gotta say is express yourself at your own risk. You didn't have to make a movie to get your head blown off where I grew up.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM

7 posts, read 4,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Islamic nutjobs got the ambassador killed and embassy overrun...don't try shifting the blame to the innocent. It's like blaming an attractive woman for being raped. All the filmmaker did was tell the truth. We have become too cowardly to tell the truth, because some crazy wackos might get all butt-hurt. I have no sympathy for someone that will murder bacause someone questioned their silly superstitions. Screw 'em and their pedophile priest.

Anyone got a link to the whole movie? It sounds like it's worth reposting.
Exactly. Listen to these apologist frauds. Right here in this country they will run down their own Christian countrymen but rush to defend these barbarians. I wish to hell they would go and live with the ones they love. Please just leave you disgust civilized people. Maybe the Saudis will buy you a refrigerator.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Israeli filmmaker in hiding as protesters outraged by portrayal of Prophet Muhammad — RT

Well Sam, good work. You got the US Ambassador of Libya and three of his staff killed and the American Embassy in Cairo is under attack.

Was it really a provocative political statement or to incite violence??
Here is a thought, don't like the man's movie, then don't watch it, or obsess over it. The only people making a big deal about this in the Mid East are the Muslims who want to use it as an excuse to murder and cause mayhem.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Israeli filmmaker in hiding as protesters outraged by portrayal of Prophet Muhammad — RT

Well Sam, good work. You got the US Ambassador of Libya and three of his staff killed and the American Embassy in Cairo is under attack.

Was it really a provocative political statement or to incite violence??
Films don't kill people. Muslims kill people.

Honestly, I can't imagine there not being severe criticism of Muhammed. Just look how man packs of rabid dogs thrive on his teachings! Islam is the only religion on the planet that can't deal with criticism. Are Muslims really that thin-skinned?? Christians, Jews and every other world religion are constantly being poked and prodded and insulted and belittled. Why can't Muslims of the world grow up and stop acting like a pack of insane barbarians? So what if somebody out there exercises their right to free speech in ways you don't like??

And sure there are good civil Muslims. They claim to be the majority. That majority (if it really is a majority) is too busy being obsessed with Israel and Palestine to give a crap about the multitudes of murderous maniacs within Islam. There is a certain saying about those who live in glass houses ...

Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabam1 View Post
Exactly. Listen to these apologist frauds. Right here in this country they will run down their own Christian countrymen but rush to defend these barbarians. I wish to hell they would go and live with the ones they love. Please just leave you disgust civilized people. Maybe the Saudis will buy you a refrigerator.
Maybe you should go to Israel and join the IDF. Show your moxie and back up your words.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabam1 View Post
Right... because it's just SO representative of American values to tell somebody "leave, because I don't like what you have to say." See, that's the beauty of this country - people can have their own opinions, no matter how much you or I might disagree.

P.S. How is anyone "running down their own Christian countrymen," and what about the non-Christians in this country? Thanks for making the point I expressed above (regarding our desired Christian theocracy).

Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Maybe you should go to Israel and join the IDF. Show your moxie and back up your words.
Or maybe we should all learn to respect each other, and show the terrorists we ARE better than them. Slinging insults, telling people to leave, hating on one religion or another, etc, is exactly the reaction these extremists were hoping for... don't let them win!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
More like yelling "Jesus was a sodomizer!" in a crowded Christian Fundamentalist gathering. Anyone who thinks there won't be repercussions is deluding themselves.
What? You think that if someone yelled that in a Christian gathering that we would kill and pillage innocent victims? Seriously? No.........c'mon............wow.............I'm... ...............speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies