Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What do you do with animals that are totally irrational and violent?
I have no clue, as I am not surrounded by them. What DO we do? I don't see any end to what goes on over there. I just worry about the American's that have to take extra measures to protect themselves when something like this happens.

This reaction is no different, IMO, than any number of things that have been released since we have been there (allegedly burning the Quran at a base, pictures of Abu Gabi prison). It doesn't take much to set them off at this point. Until all American's are out of the region, those American's still there get to live with the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What do you do with animals that are totally irrational and violent?
ummm.. Put em down?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
I have no clue, as I am not surrounded by them. What DO we do? I don't see any end to what goes on over there. I just worry about the American's that have to take extra measures to protect themselves when something like this happens.

This reaction is no different, IMO, than any number of things that have been released since we have been there (allegedly burning the Quran at a base, pictures of Abu Gabi prison). It doesn't take much to set them off at this point. Until all American's are out of the region, those American's still there get to live with the consequences.
I agree. Obviously Mr. Jones and the man who made the film had no concern for Americans in the region, which I think is horrific on their part. I wish Mr. Jones would travel to the Middle East and confront the people he sees as enemies face to face. I can't imagine why he hasn't done that yet.

Obviously the Ambassador and his staff paid the price for whatever reasons the film was made and for Mr. Jone's continued throwing insults from a place where he is safe.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Uh, maybe the thinking was that just maybe the highest level military officer could talk a little sense into Mr. Jone's head....although I think rational thought is so foreign to Mr. Jones that it's probably impossible for him. Seems that this man is concerned with only what HIS wants are and only what brings attention to him. Obviously neither the man who made the film nor Mr. Jones gave any consideration to the possibility that Americans in that region would be killed over their ridiculous stunt. They both have blood on their hands.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Instead of dispatching the Chief of staff to see that a hole Jones, wouldn't it better to talk to the media to stop covering aholes like Jones and Westboro Baptist group. Without media attention these fools would just wither away.

Jones and Westboro have the freedom of speech to say whatever they want. It just doesn't need to be covered and exploited by the media.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Remember the book by Salman Rushdie??? Deja vu~~~~~

I remember one of the late nite hosts saying "My name is Salman, and I'm in a rush to die.'

BTW, nice of Israel to back us up on Jones. "We've never heard of him! He's an American filmmaker!!"

Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
So you are going to blame one man for the barbaric acts of Islamists? Get real.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Maybe it is because of the very real threat that whenever something like this happens it sets off another spate of attacks against our troops in Afghanistan and the other embassies we have in the area? It doesn't take much to send them on a violent rampage, and every time it occurs it leads to an elevated number of attacks on our troops and our embassies.

Jones does have the freedom to say whatever he wants, and trying to talk to him now will make little difference since the film is most likely all over the ME by now and it will be used as an excuse to stir up more trouble in the days to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree. Obviously Mr. Jones and the man who made the film had no concern for Americans in the region, which I think is horrific on their part. I wish Mr. Jones would travel to the Middle East and confront the people he sees as enemies face to face. I can't imagine why he hasn't done that yet.

Obviously the Ambassador and his staff paid the price for whatever reasons the film was made and for Mr. Jone's continued throwing insults from a place where he is safe.
I'm gonna side with Mayiask here. I say that cause being civil is "weakness" to those Islamist "Muslim" fools; the only thing they respect is the real threat of a beatdown. They hate us anyway. If I had my way; what I would do IF there was ever another "9-11" I can't say here on CD cause I'd get in trouble.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 PM

72 posts, read 184,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So you are going to blame one man for the barbaric acts of Islamists? Get real.
And, because there was no Islamic 'Reformation' (well, nearly 1000 years ago, there was an attempt to use rational observation, but Hellenism was rejected in favor of the belief that the Koran was eternal and must be accepted, literally, with no questions at all), this will continue to be the case. Islam is not just 'another' religion closely resembling Christianity or Judaism. The mind set is totally differently and incompatible with those faiths and Western civilisation.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Let's think for a second.

Why did this call happen? I know the film, and they got mad, OK - but I mean - what prompted Team Obama to respond in this fashion? The Islamists don't like us already - so what. But there is something to this reaction that needs to be learned - Joint Chief of Staff to call a private citizen? Seems extremely heavy handed to me. This is not a normal reaction from these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies