Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
If Obama wins, will Republicans be willing to work with him, or will they try to prove their point for 4 more years and work against him? I don't know if this country can handle 4 more years of political bickering and lack of progress like we've had.
Who knows, but my completely wild guess is they won't cooperate at all with President Obama or their colleagues in the Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Our country is so totally fracked if Obama wins.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If Obama wins, the nation as we know it is finished. We will be on a path of fiscal insolvency from which there is no return. Our options at that point would be-

a. break up as a nation
b. continue with deficit spending and become Greece/Zimbawe
c. default and cause a decade of economic chaos

Another term for Obama is jump from the the edge. Are you prepared?
Are you psychic? Are you looking into your crystal ball?

Clearly you're an extremist screaming that the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i'm a democrat and what you are saying is wishful thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If Obama wins that will signal an end to the people's patience with the House and Senate obstructionism and the Republicans will fall into line. (The powers that be in the party aren't stupid. The obstructionists will be reigned in.) Obama's re-election will also bring with him a few more Democrats on his coattail changing the numbers in the House and Senate.
I disagree nighttrain. I think there is a real possibility that Wayland Woman is right. Her post makes a lot of sense. When Romney loses, the Republican Party will have a lot of work to do to get back on track for the 2016 election. The November election could very well send a strong message that the country is fed up with the far-right extremists and the people they have sent to Congress.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:23 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,781 times
Quote:
If Obama wins, the nation as we know it is finished. We will be on a path of fiscal insolvency from which there is no return. Our options at that point would be-

a. break up as a nation
b. continue with deficit spending and become Greece/Zimbawe
c. default and cause a decade of economic chaos

Another term for Obama is jump from the the edge. Are you prepared?
Since you know what will happen if Obama wins, can you let me know what will happen if Romney wins? Knowing the future will really help me decide who to vote for, let me know asap

Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Since you know what will happen if Obama wins, can you let me know what will happen if Romney wins? Knowing the future will really help me decide who to vote for, let me know asap
Yes, when Obama wins, you can break out that Champange...

Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Are you psychic? Are you looking into your crystal ball?

Clearly you're an extremist screaming that the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Right-

$24-$26 trillion in debt
no budget
continued multi - trillion dollar deficits
No domestic oil or oil shale exploration
shutting down the US coal industry, causing electricity to "necessarily skyrocket"
Obamacare- driving down the ability of business to hire
More EPA regulations
No national right to work act
Higher taxes for individuals and corporations
continued loss of manufacturing jobs
war in the middle east, due to lack of will of Obama
no NAFTA or China trade renegotiations
open door immigration policy

There you have it. Four more years of Obama will be the death of the nation.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
It will be better

Was that quick enough?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,781 times
Quote:
It will be better

Was that quick enough?
When you say better, do you mean like Bush better?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
You're technically right -- unemployment was 17% in 1936 when FDR was re-elected, and 15% in 1940 when he was re-elected again. And neither 17% nor 15% are 8%. But I suspect that what you meant (wrongly) was that no President with an unployment rate as high as 8% has ever been re-elected.

But you miss the point that there isn't much of a correlation between the re-election rate of Presidents and the unemployment rate.

On the Maddeningly Inexact Relationship Between Unemployment and Re-Election - NYTimes.com

Perhaps the lesson you might take away from 1936 and 1940 is that when a President comes into office facing an economic fiasco of epic proportions handed to him by his predecessor, the electorate cuts him a lot of slack. But since this is a lesson that is undoubtedly displeasing to you, you are probably determined to disregard it.
i was under the impression this was a 1 term proposition....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies