Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I see your point, especially about reproductive rights - but all the doctors they have killed or attempted to kill don't even come close those killed by extremist jihadists during any given week (in the world). Wacko Christians are annoying and irritating, but their actions can be largely blocked by political action (or legal). Not so with wacko muslims. They will kill anyone just for some perceived insult by someone entirely different than the one they kill. Its simply irrational and depraved.
So you're saying that the difference is simply degree.
Both kill.
They're both irrational and depraved.
You're really not going to get me to change my mind.

I fear one as much as the other, and that's not too much because I don't live in the US at the moment and my life isn't filled with fear.
Then again, the country I live in doesn't make incursions into the middle east trying to push their way of life on people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 03:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Koran is just as despicable a work, and it ought to be burned in protest just to prove we are not yet dhimmis.
I've decided this is the answer to the questions some of us have posed to you on this thread and which you have chosen to ignore.

You actually have revealed a great deal about what you think and how you think with that statement. God bless freedom of speech and the 1st Amendment because you have been able to display your true colors for everyone to see. Everyone can see the depths of what you believe.

I'm very glad the vast majority of people in this country don't carry around this kind of hate and intolerance in their hearts.

p.s. Lybians carried the ambassador to the hospital in an attempt to save his life. A Libyan doctor worked on him for 90 minutes trying to save his life. Pretty good chance they were Muslims. I'll leave you with that. Because I'm feeling kind of nauseous that someone who stumbles across your posts will believe that what you espouse is what Christians believe or what Christ taught.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-13-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,050 times
The false moral equivalency between Islamist savages and Christians who kill abortion doctors is nauseating and beyond dishonest.

The tiny number of loose-canon Christians who support killing abortionists is statistically negligible; the number of Muslims who support jihad is counted in the millions.

There are no Christian organizations supporting the killing of abortionists; there are dozens of well-financed Muslim organizations supporting terrorism.

There are no Christian leaders who call for the killing of abortionists; there are hundreds of Muslim leaders who incite jihad around the world.

A Christian who kills abortionists has no authority from the Church; Muslims who slay the "infidels" are obeying their religion to the letter.

Slain abortionists are paid killers of children; the victims of Islamist terror are innocent civilians who have harmed no one.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've decided this is the answer to the questions some of us have posed to you on this thread and which you have chosen to ignore.

You actually have revealed a great deal about what you think and how you think with that statement. God bless freedom of speech and the 1st Amendment because you have been able to display your true colors.

I'm very glad the vast majority of people in this country don't carry around this kind of hate and intolerance in their hearts.
What a drama queen.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I dont think it can get any more stupid than believing you will be granted 72 virgins in your after life if you die for or in the name of Allah.
I'd say believing the Earth is 6000 years old and humans walked with Dinosaurs is far worse.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:37 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
The false moral equivalency between Islamist savages and Christians who kill abortion doctors is nauseating and beyond dishonest.

The tiny number of loose-canon Christians who support killing abortionists is statistically negligible; the number of Muslims who support jihad is counted in the millions.

There are no Christian organizations supporting the killing of abortionists; there are dozens of well-financed Muslim organizations supporting terrorism.

There are no Christian leaders who call for the killing of abortionists; there are hundreds of Muslim leaders who incite jihad around the world.

A Christian who kills abortionists has no authority from the Church; Muslims who slay the "infidels" are obeying their religion to the letter.

Slain abortionists are paid killers of children; the victims of Islamist terror are innocent civilians who have harmed no one.
Prove that the number of Muslims who support jihad is counted in the millions.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Muslims are taking over a suburb of Chicago and pushing their agenda as law. However no one has the backbone to stop them and it is getting worse. I am no fan of fundamentalists at all but when was the last time one tried to kill someone outside of a few flakes who do that at abortion clinics?
When was the last time Fundamentalists had the opportunity to do so? It's merely a matter of location and culture, as opposed to ideology. Uganda has ultra Conservative, what some might call "Fundamentalist" Christians and they are trying to pass a law to allow the execution of gay people. They are being backed by American Evangelicals I might add.

And let's not forget the Pastors who call for Nazi style concentration camps for gay Americans.

There are plenty of sociopathic "Christians". They just happen to be heavily controlled by secular law and liberal societies.

When your entire culture and government is conservative and full of raving lunatics who agree with your evil views, it's a lot easier to get away with violence, as we see in the Middle East in relation to Islam.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm also glad there are many people reading these posts who know that this is NOT what most Christians believe. And that most of us would rather follow Christ than some nut-case "pastor" who preaches bigotry and cares about no one or nothing besides himself and advancing a false brand of Christianity.
I don't know any Christians who follow Terry Jones. He has a congregation of fewer than 100 - that doesn't even qualify him as a Christian "leader" of any import. My guess is that he's probably anti-Catholic as well, so it's not likely that we would get along.

This isn't about following Jones, but about the government not harassing an American who has done nothing wrong and, in fact, has correctly identified Islam as the evil death cult that it is.

Christians acknowledge that everyone is created in the image and likeness of God, Muslims included. The Koran, on the other hand, refers to Christians and Jews and subhumans - monkeys and pigs. It's sobriety, not intolerance, to recognize that the concrete teaching of Islam is both false and wicked.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How exactly do know for certain there is no after life?
How do we know for certain that Osama bin Laden isn't enjoying his virgins? I guess we don't, but a certain amount of guessing is allowed.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
It's sobriety, not intolerance, to recognize that the concrete teaching of Islam is both false and wicked.
So are the teachings of your corrupt belief that you're trying to pawn off as Christianity. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies