Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

‘This Does Not Represent Us’: Moving Photos of Pro-American Rallies in Libya

Just like not all Americans are like the people who made the weird anti-Islam movie that is sparking protests in Muslim nations, not all people in Libya are like the ones who killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens. Some of the people of Benghazi, where Stevens was killed, held a demonstration against terrorism and to show sympathy for the U.S. Libya Alhurra TV, an Internet TV channel founded at the start of the Arab Spring in 2011, posted Facebook photos of a rally there showing support for America and sympathy for Stevens.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Too bad the extremists drown out the good folk. Kind of like the liberal press here in America.........

Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
From what I have read their are more anti american protests than pro.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:05 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
The real Libyans and Egyptians are the Muslim Brotherhood radicals....all others are in the minority.

I hope these recent events will cause Islamophobia and Xenophobia against Muslims in all European countries. Time to call a spade a spade, down with political correctness.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
I'll take what I can get...even if they are a minority. It's good to see these photos. Feel pretty bad for the kid...I don't care what anyone thinks, kids should not know this kind of stuff...especially from seeing it and going through it. Kids are supposed to be playing and having fun. They have plenty of time to be adults and be angry or upset about it later on....

This world kind of sucks anymore.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The real Libyans and Egyptians are the Muslim Brotherhood radicals....all others are in the minority.

I hope these recent events will cause Islamophobia and Xenophobia against Muslims in all European countries. Time to call a spade a spade, down with political correctness.
Not exactly - the radicals have moved in to take over the country because of its oil and location.

This article is from May 2012...

Concern grows over jihadist numbers in eastern Libya

The situation is further complicated by tribal rivalries and a growing presence of Islamist militants in some areas.

Tensions have grown between local people and the militants. Last month, a number of Derna residents went to a camp on the outskirts of the city, according to the source, and forced militants to leave.

There have also been a number of car bomb explosions in Derna in recent months, apparently as rival Islamist factions compete for supremacy in the area.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,043,961 times
As long as our entire civilization resolves around extracting resources from this general region, we need to drum up as much supporters & allies as possible.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'll take what I can get...even if they are a minority. It's good to see these photos. Feel pretty bad for the kid...I don't care what anyone thinks, kids should not know this kind of stuff...especially from seeing it and going through it. Kids are supposed to be playing and having fun. They have plenty of time to be adults and be angry or upset about it later on....

This world kind of sucks anymore.
Do you live in a bubble?

Sure, Western children have the luxury of playing, having fun, and being kids, but they are a minority. Children in almost every other part of the world are experiencing traumatizing experiences, hardship, illness, and starvation in many places i.e. most African countries, India, South Asia, South America, etc.

Western lifestyle is similar to a fantasy land, and many of our people still need Xanax and Prozac to get by. What a bunch of ungrateful imbeciles that are completely unaware of global humanitarian conditions.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Muslim Council in KC Expresses Sorrow Over Middle East Violence | fox4kc.com

The statement from Shakil Haider, Chairman of the Midland Islamic Council read:

“The Midland Islamic Council expresses its profound sorrow at the killing of U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Mr. Christopher Stevens and his staff. We also denounce the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. As the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, mentioned the act has been committed by a group of savage people who did it independently without support from the Muslims, Libyan people or the government. Available reports indicate that this heinous act was committed in response to a video defaming and insulting Prophet Mohammad (peace be on him). Despite the offensive nature of the video Islam does not allow taking innocent life for any reason. During his life time the Prophet (peace be on him) was insulted and attacked many times but he always acted with compassion, forgave the offenders, and was never revengeful. Clearly the perpetrators have violated the basic teachings of Islam.”

Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Do you live in a bubble?

Sure, Western children have the luxury of playing, having fun, and being kids, but they are a minority. Children in almost every other part of the world are experiencing traumatizing experiences, hardship, illness, and starvation in many places i.e. most African countries, India, South Asia, South America, etc.

Western lifestyle is similar to a fantasy land, and many of our people still need Xanax and Prozac to get by. What a bunch of ungrateful imbeciles that are completely unaware of global humanitarian conditions.
Oh shut up. I said, "SHOULD". Do you not get that? God I hate this forum sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies