Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I know those liberal idiots only want to deflect from the issues. Clearly liberals don't care about America, we need to beef up all our embassies and basically have an army of troops at each one of them.
That is all you've done in the thread. Rather than discuss why our government let this happen, you deflect. Why were alerts not issued? Why did we do nothing to defend or stop it from happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 AM

33,567 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Hysterical post. And I mean that in both senses of the word--hysterical as in funny beyond belief, and hysterical as in bordering on hysteria. Seems like those 8 years of Bush bear no responsibility for ANYTHING--not 9/11 in the first term or the financial meltdown in the second. You have conveniently nullified his entire presidency. Entirely understandable, of course. Too bad you will never be able to induce the kind of mass amnesia on the rest of the population that the GOP seems to have succumbed to.
We look at facts , and the facts are that Barney Frank said everything in the mortgage market was fine and that low income people should have a chance at home ownership. Bush wanted to do an investigation and Frank and Maxine Waters was against it. Bush wanted to stop it in 2002 but was headed off by the dems who said no need for an investigation.. Greenspan for years warned of the housing bubble.. the most damage was done by the shadow banking that had no government legislation and they were also running amuck because they never were under government legislation to stop them.

And all you dems point at Bush .. we know better. Read about the housing crisis and how it came about and then you will be informed with facts not stupid finger pointing.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,165 times
Romney called a Press Conference.

Obama made a quick statement, then ran off, skipped his Intelligence Briefing, and did more important things......a campaign fundraiser in Las Vegas.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
obama first priority is to safeguard American lives and he failed.
He didn't even take the time from his reelect me tour to attend security briefings.

Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination
Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.
Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination - World Politics - World - The Independent

He should be impeached for this. However, it is a moot point, as he only has a few more months in office. The most important issue to this idiot is campaigning.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That is all you've done in the thread. Rather than discuss why our government let this happen, you deflect. Why were alerts not issued? Why did we do nothing to defend or stop it from happening?
Deflect? Hardly, I am on your side, I am waiting for those liberals to try and explain this, which SHOCKING They can't!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Romney called a Press Conference.

Obama made a quick statement, then ran off, skipped his Intelligence Briefing, and did more important things......a campaign fundraiser in Las Vegas.
That is it in a nutshell. I feel like I am going insane wondering why this whole entire thing is not causing outrage in this country. It is unbelievable. And then he had to gaffe on Egypt, and it goes largely un-noticed. This man is incompetent.

And I hope the families of the dead start raising hell once they have their services. Because this was so preventable, yet the press says not a damn word! 4 lives that should have been protected, were not and were killed. And no one says a word while Obama goes right back to campaigning.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,165 times
Yes......when the Cairo Embassy issued their apology to the protestors, the White House remained silent.

When Romney said the apology was disgraceful, suddenly the White House responds by condemning the Embassy's statement.

Romney SHAMED them into making that statement.

Then while no one knew where our Ambassador was and the Consulate was on fire, Obama went to bed.

When it was released that the Ambassador and other Americans were murdered, Obama made a statement and didn't take any questions.

Romney called a press conference and took questions.

Obama skipped his Intelligence Briefing and then flew off to a Las Vegas Fundraiser.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Yes......when the Cairo Embassy issued their apology to the protestors, the White House remained silent.

When Romney said the apology was disgraceful, suddenly the White House responds by condemning the Embassy's statement.

Romney SHAMED them into making that statement.

Then while no one knew where our Ambassador was and the Consulate was on fire, Obama went to bed.

When it was released that the Ambassador and other Americans were murdered, Obama made a statement and didn't take any questions.

Romney called a press conference and took questions.

Obama skipped his Intelligence Briefing and then flew off to a Las Vegas Fundraiser.
I just can't believe this, Romney has been so much more presidential, I wish the election could happen today so we can kick Obama out of office!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM

398 posts, read 818,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I just can't believe this, Romney has been so much more presidential, I wish the election could happen today so we can kick Obama out of office!
Are you a parrot that has learned to use a key board?

Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
Are you a parrot that has learned to use a key board?
........... and you fail to condemn a president who failed to respond to intelligence, with 48 hrs advanced warning, that resulted in the deaths of three Americans?

Obama's action, through ineptitude and neglect, should be grounds for impeachment. This idiot is DANGEROUS for all of us, as he has not only trashed the US economy, he could pull another monumental blunder that could result in the deaths of many more US citizens. The nation cannot afford much more time with this idiot at the helm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies