Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
We are talking sub-text here...If Obama brings up the statement that - he is not out to denigrate..the beliefs of others...then he is supporting the belief of those mentioned. Extreme Islam is a disrespect of God..Those who kill in the name of God are clearly stating that GOD is not all mighty and needs the help of fanatics to do his bidding.
No, you're wrong. You're confusing your own individual attempt at an inference versus the originally intended meaning of what was said -- those are not the same thing.

Quote:
Having said that...Obama has a stronger understanding of Islam than he does of Christianity...That is obvious..as a boy he picked up certain values...I know I did....I had a teacher back in grade 3 who instructed us never to place an object on a bible...because it denigrates the faith...To this day I have that foolish old habit...I never put anything on a bible- Obama understands the Islamic mentality...The reason why the rumor is out there that Obama was raised by a single mother is to distance himself from his father the Muslim.
You're assuming that your experience is universal, which is another mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
"I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants."
Too little, too late. Sadly we needed to watch four Americans perish before Obama, the most super, freaky smart, intelligence analyst on the planet, decided that four, poorly trained Libyan Security force personnel, with only AK-47s strapped to their backs, was not enough security for a US ambassador.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
It was Clinton (the male) during his tenure that was largely responsible for 911. His administration refused to investigate terrorist who only wanted to "fly" airplanes...not how to takeoff or land them. Flags were raised by the FAA/FBI but we could not be "prejudiced" and investigate or apprehend the 20 terrorists. Ex-Counterterrorism Czar Accuses CIA Of Trying To “Flip” 9/11 Hijackers | The Public Record
Did you actually read your own link?

Quote:
Richard Clarke, for the first time, levels explosive allegations against three former top CIA officials – George Tenet, Cofer Black and Richard Blee – accusing them of knowingly withholding intelligence from the Bush and Clinton White House, the FBI, Immigration and the State and Defense Departments about two of the 9/11 hijackers who had entered the United States more than a year before the attacks.
and here's the kicker:

Quote:
Clarke acknowledges that he does not have any evidence to back up his claims about the former CIA officials

Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hell, just to put it all out there... Here are Clinton's statements as well. Please point out where it apologizes for America and lets the bad guys off the hook.
So....where are Ms. Clinton's statements when South Park bashes Christians, Jews and Mormans every couple of weeks? When talk show hosts (rightly) tell jokes concerning child abusing priests? When Hollywood makes movie after movie slandering Christ?

I guess it's OK to mock Christians, since they aren't violent, murderous wackjobs (on the whole anyway). Apparently the same can not be said about many Muslims.

I'm an athesit, but think all religions are due some degree of respect, simply as a courtsey to the various believers. But to single out radical Islam for special protections...when they are the ones deserving of ridicule, is assinine...and cowardly.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Actually, it's you who is mixing up events. As you said, the Administration didn't put out that statement, the Embassy did, in an attempt to ward off an attack. The OP asked to be shown where OBAMA apologized, which you have failed to show. Because he didn't.
They took the statement from the ambassador of Egypt and assumed it met with the approval of Obama and his admin. Since Obama himself gave no statement, everyone assumed that the people in his administration were speaking for him, and he was satisfied with their statements.

Quote:
Yes, he should have run around with his hair on fire, making asinine accusations before anyone knew for certain what was happening on the ground, and if there were American lives in danger, as Mr. Romney did. That was such a great response, wasn't it?
Obama was impotent, he sat there in total and complete silence as our embassy was sacked, our flag burned and as his own ambassador, who is is charged with protecting, and three other Americans were murdered. We were not asking him to set his hair on fire, just asking for him to act like he gives a ****.

Quote:
This stupid meme must have been on the talking points memo sent out to the right yesterday, because I've seen it all over the place now. Sorry, but this was Romney's 2:00 a.m. call, and he blew it. He showed us exactly how unpresidential he is. His response to a crisis is Fire! Ready! Aim! Oh, and make sure I'm scoring as many political points as possible while shooting from the hip.
Check my posts, I've been asking you Obama suck-ups for two days now, to explain or justify, or defy my assertions that Obama went to bed without making any statement. Whose talking about a 2:00 AM call??? This one was at 2:00 PM on Sept 11th - in the middle of the freaking day!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Silly liberals....the apology was the statement made by the US embassy in Cairo that stated regret for "hurting the feelings of Muslims."

Can you guys EVER get anything right?

An entire thread based of an inaccurate understanding of current events!!!!!!

Ask me if i'm surprised!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Silly liberals....the apology was the statement made by the US embassy in Cairo that stated regret for "hurting the feelings of Muslims."

Ask me if i'm surprised!
I posted the apology in this thread, so you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Check my posts, I've been asking you Obama suck-ups for two days now, to explain or justify, or defy my assertions that Obama went to bed without making any statement. Whose talking about a 2:00 AM call??? This one was at 2:00 PM on Sept 11th - in the middle of the freaking day!!!
Since when has a POTUS come out and made any statement on events that were still unfolding and they didn't have all the facts about yet? Wouldn't that be much more foolish than waiting until he could give us the whole picture about what was going on and what the US was doing in response?

And, how do you know how much sleep he got that night?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Ask me if i'm surprised!
Perhaps you might want to inform your man, Mitt Romney.

Quote:
"I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."
Mitt Romney’s statement on the Libya ambassador attack - The Washington Post

Mitt Romney's Statement On Attack On Libyan Embassy - YouTube

Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
A good synopsis of the entire situation.

Mitt Romney's BIG Libya Mistake is a Parallel To McCain's Campaign Suspension in 2008 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies