Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Silly liberals....the apology was the statement made by the US embassy in Cairo that stated regret for "hurting the feelings of Muslims."

Can you guys EVER get anything right?

An entire thread based of an inaccurate understanding of current events!!!!!!

Ask me if i'm surprised!
Oh, so you're saying the smart thing to do would have been to fan the flames even more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Oh, so you're saying the smart thing to do would have been to fan the flames even more?
On Tuesday there was only the Cairo incident. Who knew it would turn into what it has ?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
On Tuesday there was only the Cairo incident. Who knew it would turn into what it has ?
Good reason not to "shoot before one aims."

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Since when has a POTUS come out and made any statement on events that were still unfolding and they didn't have all the facts about yet? Wouldn't that be much more foolish than waiting until he could give us the whole picture about what was going on and what the US was doing in response?

And, how do you know how much sleep he got that night?
Ummm, the attacks were ongoing for FOUR HOURS, how long does it take to verify, hey, we are under attack??? Live video feeds were all over the TV and the events were unfolding on the radio, and there is that thing called a telephone in the embassy and consulate.

When has the President commented when he did not have all the facts? Hmmmm....

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played. But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

Old 09-14-2012, 03:31 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Like shooting his mouth off about Egypt?

"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy."

Talk about shooting before aiming

Old 09-14-2012, 03:42 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

I really have to point this out to all you liberals...this is a quote from Carter-Obama said nothing "orginal"

Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Like shooting his mouth off about Egypt?

"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy."

Talk about shooting before aiming
And this is how Morsi responded after Obama made this comment:

Quote:
"But at the same time we say this cannot be taken as a justification for attacking embassies or consulates," Morsi said, according to the Associated Press. "The Egyptian state is responsible for protecting embassies and consulates, and the Egyptian people will not engage in these unlawful acts."
Obama gets tough with Egypt

Did you want Obama to issue an apology instead?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I really have to point this out to all you liberals...this is a quote from Carter-Obama said nothing "orginal"
Originality of the statement is not the point. The statement was right on point!

Mitt Romney Embassy Attack Comments Backfire - YouTube

Old 09-14-2012, 03:50 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You mean all of those drone strikes that have killed record numbers of terrorist leadership are "lackadaisical?" Well, interesting. Maybe you should ask those dead terrorists about that.

But anyway. I just want to see this apology that everyone keeps talking about.
Actually - yes they are weak.

What strikes fear in the hearts of the enemy? Drone strikes or 100,000 boots on the ground? What shows commitment to finishing the job?

It was a drone attack that killed Al-Q #2 earlier this year - but now where are we? That drone attack is a big part of why this whole scene is taking place.

War is psychological as much as it is physical. Enemies can be defeated by death or fear of the consequences. The drone strikes haven't put fear into anybody.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Wow. I read the whole thread and I can't find any apology from the President, and those that say that there was an apology from the "staff" of an embassy who are not part of the administration can't provide a cite. I guess if you lie enough, you will start believing your own lies. The truth is that he never apologized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies