Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It's so absurd when those neanderthals think they can in any way force people on other continents to think positively about their religion. From my experience most people in the West think Islam is stupid and bad, that's just the way it is. Get over it and get a life. After all, we don't care what you think about our beliefs or lack thereof, either...
I don't think these people are concerned with forcing people on other continents to think positively about their religion. I think they're pretty primitive and are basically fighting you if you attack their religion.

THEY don't think like we do. They have not lived their whole lives in a sophisticated, technologically advanced civilization their entire lives. I'm not defending the killing. I'm just pointing out that when you compare these people to most folks in our society, and expect them to reason like we do, you're just going to end up in frustration. Actually, it's really impossible for me to think of myself killing anyone over their disrespecting any of my beliefs. I just cannot put myself in the place of these terrorists and radicals. I'm guessing that neither can they understand why we don't respond as they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yeah, yeah, just send that enormous amount of radiation around the world. That's a good idea.

Your attitude seems rather barbaric. I thought we were a "civilized" people.
Nah, some are EXACTLY what they despise and want to exterminate. They think alike and they act alike - and both fail to realize it.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Nah, some are EXACTLY what they despise and want to exterminate. They think alike and they act alike - and both fail to realize it.
That's an interesting point.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,512 times
Quote:
That's an interesting point.
And often, it's for the very same reasons... My god is better than yours. My country is better than yours. My laws are better than yours.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
And often, it's for the very same reasons... My god is better than yours. My country is better than yours. My laws are better than yours.
I don't practice any religion.

I can still recognize when a rabid dog is insane and medicine will not cure them.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
I don't think these people are concerned with forcing people on other continents to think positively about their religion. I think they're pretty primitive and are basically fighting you if you attack their religion.

THEY don't think like we do. They have not lived their whole lives in a sophisticated, technologically advanced civilization their entire lives. I'm not defending the killing. I'm just pointing out that when you compare these people to most folks in our society, and expect them to reason like we do, you're just going to end up in frustration. Actually, it's really impossible for me to think of myself killing anyone over their disrespecting any of my beliefs. I just cannot put myself in the place of these terrorists and radicals. I'm guessing that neither can they understand why we don't respond as they do.
Yes, to many Muslims their religion is all they have. I mean, it must be depressing for Muslims to think they are special and god's favorite people, when at the same time all kinds of people but Muslims rule the world Maybe they already sense that there is not much to their own religion, that is why they protect it so violently, to keep up the vulnerable illusion.

Still, I do think they want to force everyone to respect their religion and its key figures. For instance in this case they said Merkel has to forbid anti-Islam demonstrations in Germany...

Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not about the US anymore.....
These governments are promoting the protests and condemning the western government for allowing their religion to be slandered.

Sudanese storm German embassy, hoist Islamic flag - Yahoo! News
Sudanese demonstrators incensed by a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad broke into the German embassy in Khartoum on Friday and hoisted an Islamic flag, while one person was killed in protests in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli.
Sudan's Foreign Ministry had criticised Germany for allowing a protest last month by right-wing activists carrying caricatures of the Prophet and for Chancellor Angela Merkel giving an award in 2010 to a Danish cartoonist who depicted the Prophet in 2005 triggering protests across the Islamic world.
The young Muslims in Germany are probably cheering on the team as we speak. Someone should stop feeding the demons. What's with this giving radical Islam exactly what it wants? The provocateurs are accomplishing nothing by insulting Mohamed's memory...They are just making Islamo fascism stronger- people are so dumb.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The young Muslims in Germany are probably cheering on the team as we speak. Someone should stop feeding the demons. What's with this giving radical Islam exactly what it wants? The provocateurs are accomplishing nothing by insulting Mohamed's memory...They are just making Islamo fascism stronger- people are so dumb.
That was exactly the point of the vile, disgusting, excuse for a movie. To inflame the fanatical faction of Islam against the west. It was produced and financed by fanatical, right wing Christian felons with an agenda. It has succeeded in creating a world-wide "KrystalNacht". That's exactly what they wanted. I'm sick with despair that our far right Christian brethern here on C-D stand firm in their support for these vile, reprehensible cretins. They've taken a mix of hate, misinformation and downright lies, wrapped it all in the First amendment and are trying to shove it down the throats of the American people.
I hope that after Obama is re-elected, these vile, right wing Christian cretins crawl back under the rocks they came out from.

Last edited by mohawkx; 09-14-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That was exactly the point of the vile, disgusting, excuse for a movie. To inflame the fanatical faction of Islam against the west. It was produced and financed by fanatical, right wing Christian felons with an agenda. It has succeeded in creating a world-wide "KrystalNacht". That's exactly what they wanted. I'm sick with despair that our far right Christian brethern here on C-D stand firm in their support for these vile, reprehensible cretins. They've taken a mix of hate, misinformation and downright lies, wrapped it all in the First amendment and are trying to shove it down the throats of the American people.
I hope that after Obama is re-elected, these vile, right wing Christian cretins crawl back under the rocks the came out from.
In the United States we have the freedom to express ourselves.

ON the INTERNET... anything goes.

when any kind of opinion you don't agree with flashes before your eyes on the web, you can look at it, and dismiss it. do you take it and use it as a reason to cause a riot? do you murder people?

how about we just shut down their access to the internet entirely.

one turn of the key, and it's done.

let them create their own network.

what the hell are 12th century Mohammadeans doing with 21st century technology anyhow?

Obviously they're too irresponsible to use it correctly!

they should be using matches and candles to illuminate with and rocks as weapons.

how about that? just isolate them like North Korea. I think that's the plan of action that should be taken.

every time an embassy goes up in flames, out go the lights, off goes the internet, off goes the cell phone network.

complete total isolation.

the satellite picture of North Korea at night... that's what their nations should look like too, until they figure out they can't control us with violence.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't practice any religion.

I can still recognize when a rabid dog is insane and medicine will not cure them.
Obviously not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies