Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:30 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,464,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have been sold a bill of goods and got a pig in a poke if you really think they are rioting over some stupid YouTube video. Many of them have no clue what YouTube even is.

Jews, Catholics and Mormons would be responding in a violent manner also if their houses were constantly being hit with bombs and their kids were being killed.

Look at the Israel/Palestine thing.
Agreed. Atleast they have something to respond to. What about that dark knight idiot who gunned down people in the theater?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here are some Jews rioting over a parking lot.
You had to dig DEEP to find that example, huh? Note that is says ultra orthodox Jews, who are the Muslim extremists of our religion... so just as the Libyan protesters don't represent all Muslims, people like that certainly don't represent all Jews.

Now to answer the OP, I can't speak for Mormons or Catholics, but us Jews are known to have excellent senses of humor (look at how many famous comedians are Jewish). Not to mention, one of the creators is Jewish himself, so we're pretty sure he doesn't hate us. But even if he weren't Jewish, I laugh at ANY good Jewish joke that isn't obviously hateful or mean-spirited in nature... and South Park isn't really mean-spirited, just controversial in a "we're trying to push buttons and make you laugh simultaneously" kind of way. I love the show.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:36 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,795,104 times
A woman wears skimpy clothing to a bar and gets raped walking home...... is she to blame for the rapist's crime? Well.... she could have worn more elegant clothing.... I guess she was asking for it.

Two gays walk home from a bar holding hands and get jumped.... well..... they could have known better. Analyzed the trends of the neighborhood they live in, etc. It's their fault for expressing their love in an inappropriate place.

An insensitive man makes a film that Muslims are insulted by. Several innocent Americans are killed because some Muslims are insulted by the film.

Many people blame the filmmakers and not the attackers for the deaths of the innocents.

Me? I blame the victims of rape and the gays for being victims of their hate crimes. After all, they invited the attackers, didn't they?

* EDIT: This post makes 100% sense. If you don't get it, delete your profile.

Discuss.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,960,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The problem isn't Islam, the problem is a sort of backward Arab tribalist culture. How many times do you see Turkish people, a country that's 99% Muslim, shooting guns in the air, climbing over embassy fences, etc.?
No. It is scholars of the Koran who instituted Sharia Law and it is Sharia Law that is barbaric. This is not culture, it is religion. Most people who take their religion literally go a bit off in the head, I think. Anyway, it is the religion that dictates the culture and not the other way around, from my observation.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
People do seem to like to riot, protest, etc.

I have seen (on TV) many riots in USA. We have one coming up soon. Where? I don't know. But it will be the hometown of the winner of the World Series. After that, watch out for the hometown of whoever wins the Super Bowl, or the NCAA national championship. And for goodness sake, if you go to a British soccer (football) game, after the game is over get out as fast as possible, for riots will surely begin.

Oh, and you wish to keep your health, don't be in Chicago and confuse the Cubs with the White Socs. People will try to hurt you for the most surprising reasons.
You jest, of course?

Old 11-23-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Bible says the same thing you know. Most Christians and Jews just don't follow most of the Bible.
Yes, a sign of our maturity. We put things in perspective, set priorities.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:38 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,727,045 times
The stated goal of Southpark is to offend as many people as possible in each episode. If you haven't been offended yet, you haven't been watching long enough.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
"So...why don't Jews, Catholics and Mormons go on a rampage over South Park?"

The answer is rather simple actually, its about power. Offend Jews, Catholics or Mormons and the elite members of those communities pick up a phone get the head of a network, publisher of the local or national paper, the mayor, the police chief, their Congressman or Senator or even the President directly on the phone and voice their concerns and then the power of the state and business is brought to bear on the offending party. The powerless lacking those avenues of redress take out their anger and frustration through the only channels that are available to them and that channel is usually through violence since peaceful demonstrations are generally ignored. It really all that much of a mystery.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,727,045 times
Ever see the Southpark that makes fun of atheists? It's one of the best ones ever. Dawning of the Sea Otters - Video Clips - South Park Studios

Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,342,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Many episodes of South Park poke fun at Jews, Mormans and Catholics, in manners at least as offensive as the new video clip by the Egyptian dude that pokes at radical Islam. And it's broadcast on a major network. Yet we don't see murders occuring accross the world because of it. No violence...at most peaceful protest or some comments at a church service. And we don't see liberals condemning Matt Stone or Trey Parker for their offensive comments. Why is that, and why are radical Islamists so much more prone to getting all bloodthirsty when someone pokes fun at their sky-daddy?

(I should add that I really like SP).
Most who live in a brutal monarchy, dictatorship or a government controlled on religious or ethnic basis, live in a world that government controls all information, so anything anyone anywhere has put out, can only come from and with the permission of their government.

Word of mouth spreads rumors just a quick and deadly in places that 80% of the population can not read or write for themselves, and get their information from a source that has a personal agenda.

This country too has had it share of riots and killings based on misinformation, lies and ethnic and religious bigotry, and from the writings of some on the board, they would be proud to return to those days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies