Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 04:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO, we have no business involving ourselves in any way outside our borders.

If we have embassies, they are considered sovereign USA soil and need protecting. Any threat to people in the embassy and we should leave. Let's see if they can eat sand.

Anybody else, you are on your own. No sending troops to protect people or businesses.

This bares repeating.

George Washington's Farewell Address

George Washington's Farewell Address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Washington dedicates a large part of his farewell address to discussing foreign relations, and the dangers of permanent alliances between the United States and foreign nations.

Once again making reference to proper behavior based upon religious doctrine and morality, Washington advocates a policy of good faith and justice towards all nations, and urges the American people to avoid long-term friendly relations or rivalries with any nation. He argues these attachments and animosity toward nations will only cloud the government's judgment in its foreign policy. Washington argues that longstanding poor relations will only lead to unnecessary wars due to a tendency to blow minor offenses out of proportion when committed by nations viewed as enemies of the United States. He continues this argument by claiming that alliances are likely to draw the United States into wars which have no justification and no benefit to the country beyond simply defending the favored nation. Washington continues his warning on alliances by claiming that they often lead to poor relations with nations who feel that they are not being treated as well as America's allies, and threaten to influence the American government into making decisions based upon the will of their allies instead of the will of the American people.

Our Forefathers were quite wise, and nothing changes in terms of human corruption throughout time. It is the same then and now, the only difference is the cycle we are in.

The Anti American's in my country are those that go against the wishes and spirit that the founding fathers intended for this country. All wars since WW2 have been anti American Wars that were not based on defense but for irresponsible and immoral profit and gain for the few at the expense of the many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 04:42 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If a black person robs a store, have all black people robbed the store? The problem is that you and others are lumping all Muslims in the same boat. I can tell you that all Jewish people don't have same beliefs and not all Christians do either; however, it would seem that all Muslims must all think a like, which of course we know is not true.
Continue to ignore the attacks that are happening in many nations from Africa across to Asia. One or two nation? You could make such an argument. Across so many areas of the world, you're head is in the sand.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Continue to ignore the attacks that are happening in many nations from Africa across to Asia. One or two nation? You could make such an argument. Across so many areas of the world, you're head is in the sand.
It is happening in foreign countries though, and it should be those respective countries military and security that respond to it, since it is happening on their soil.
It is their responsibility to respond, and indeed they are in many cases.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is happening in foreign countries though, and it should be those respective countries military and security that respond to it, since it is happening on their soil.
It is their responsibility to respond, and indeed they are in many cases.
An attack on an embassy or military base is considered US land even if it's on foreign soil.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And what will you do when the war shows up on your doorstep here?
I imagine he or she will try to negotiate with them.

When we asked my grandmothers communist husband what he would do if Radical Muslims came into his home and threatened to kill him, rape his wife and then kill her if he admitted to being Christian, he said that he would try to negotiate with them and if that didn't work he would beg them not to. (I really wish I was joking) needless to say we recommended that my grandmother get a divorce and come live with us.
Quote:
An attack on an embassy or military base is considered US land even if it's on foreign soil.
Beat me to it.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Here's an interactive map that might help some people understand that the Crusades were in reaction to Muslim aggression.....
History of Religion

Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Are the foreign countries where the attacks are taking place not able to handle the situation?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
For one thing you don't know what the Crusades were about. Muslims slaughtering Christians and the Pope sending out armies to protect the Christians. We do have the right to self defense even if Obama thinks we don't.

Obama bragging when he campaignes on how he killed Osama is what is inflaming the Muslim world right now. Many of the protesters are saying, "Obama----this is for Osama."

We need Crusaders right now and they are called the United States Military---you know the ones Obama wants to stop arming and downsize?
Wow, let me inform that you know aposultely Nothing about the Crusades. It was about taking control of religious sites (and wealth). Maybe you did not know this, but Crusaders had no problem killing fellow Chrisitans, they were not the Angles of God you seem to think they were. Really that is why he finally fought the real war on terror, that is why he killed so many terrorist leaders, are you even living on this planet?

He did get the job done, you may not like it but he is the ultimate commander and he gets the credit, same would apply to any President. jeeez.

Take you Holy war elsewhere, the United States Government is not in the habit of having it's policies directed by religious nutjobs and Never will.
Oh, to help with your education (read more):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 09-14-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 09-14-2012, 05:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
How 'bout you do the spitting and I do the spelling around here, deal?
I am not sure what you do around here, oh wait, now I remember, you talk the talk

Old 09-14-2012, 05:47 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'll paint the red cross on my chest and pretend I'm from the Red Cross and when I gain their trust I'll kill them like they like to do to us.
You're actually going to leave your living room?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies