Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

During the 'welcome home' ceremony, 0bama's campaign people were busily tweeting that winter is coming and it's time to buy 0bama sweatshirts.

There's a complete and total disconnect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
You act as if the President titled the article. But by all means, continue bashing President Obama til your heart's content. Which more than likely be the 12th of never.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:37 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's what you do when an ambassador is killed in the line of duty: You show some damn respect.
Particularly when your presidential idiocy and ineptitude resulted in that ambassador's death! Warned 48 hours in advance, Obama chose to campaign and not take precautions to protect American assets/embassies. This guy is the biggest idiot to ever occupy the White House.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
They did this in Toronto during all the time our troops were in Afghanistan...They renamed a highway to the "Highway of Heroes" People would stand on bridges paying their respects to ever last corpse sent back- Then they would ship the body directly to the coroners office for a private autopsy...It was absolute shameless propaganda...What would they have done with something on the scale of WW?- would they have sent back a million bodies one at a time to be saluted...The highway would have worn out and the autopsy blades would have been worn down to nothing...It is simple PR- and a dis-service to the dead to be used.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Pretty much this.

Obama is doing the right thing by being there.
I agree he did the right thing by being there. It's all the crap that surrounds his other actions, words, and his moronic SoS that makes him the buffoon he is.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:47 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I agree he did the right thing by being there. It's all the crap that surrounds his other actions, words, and his moronic SoS that makes him the buffoon he is.

I would have to agree that it was great Obama was there..he should be.

However, I believe it's disrespectful to say the least that when the coffins are being transported from the plane...you shouldn't have someone from your campaign sending tweets telling people about your sweatshirts...that is sickening at it's best...

Also, Hilary needs to stop telling us this is about a video..it's called freedom of speech..so what is there excuse about the German Embassy? Tell us what you are going to do..because it makes us sound like you are apologizing and that we are weak...

Old 09-14-2012, 03:47 PM

The whole thing is unfortunate that good and dutiful people are dead..I am so sorry for them- their families..sad part about it- in a week they are forgotten.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I would have to agree that it was great Obama was there..he should be.

However, I believe it's disrespectful to say the least that when the coffins are being transported from the plane...you shouldn't have someone from your campaign sending tweets telling people about your sweatshirts...that is sickening at it's best...

Also, Hilary needs to stop telling us this is about a video..it's called freedom of speech..so what is there excuse about the German Embassy? Tell us what you are going to do..because it makes us sound like you are apologizing and that we are weak...
Heard the producer of the "video" He wants to show it in Toronto-- a real goof...Heard them speak on the radio this morning- Sounds like a crazy person who wants to get in on the Toronto Film Festival that is in it's last days...so what is this about someone tweeting about sweat shirts?....The level of seriousness is impressive LOL.....this is NOT some game for high school kids...who hires these tweeting bird brained twits.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You guys need to get a grip.

Something bad has happened and no matter what Obama does, you will criticize it as the wrong thing.

I saw the same thing from the far left when Bush was president.

You know, you'd have more legitimacy if you actually paced yourself and didn't try to make everything and anything into an Obama failure. I know you can't help yourselves though, can you not see your reflection in some of the other posters around here?
Absolutely disgusting to use this moment, Americans who were killed and returning home to be buried, to continue spewing the same old crap. As if there aren't enough threads to rant on.

Let these men return with the dignity they deserve. Shame on all of you, especially the OP. Don't you have any sense of decency or respect for these men?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
The press are idiots. I actually think they wanted to make it seem like it was something positive. Note how they have covered the story from the get go. Doing everything possible to make certain Obama appears to have done nothing wrong, made no mistakes, and is so on top of things. Yet, if you look at the facts, his Administration screwed this up from before it even occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies