U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM

5,335 posts, read 5,769,526 times

Advertisements

Kinda forgot about this, look how far they have come !

To bad they did not put forth such an effort on the economy

*promoting the view that America is institutionally an oppressive nation
*promoting the election of leftist political candidates throughout the United States
*opposing virtually all post-9/11 national security measures enacted by U.S. government, particularly the Patriot Act
*depicting American military actions as unjust, unwarranted, and immoral
*promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws
*promoting a dramatic expansion of social welfare programs funded by ever-escalating taxes
*promoting social welfare benefits and amnesty for illegal aliens
*defending the civil rights and liberties of suspected anti-American terrorists and their abetters
*financing the recruitment and training of future activist leaders of the political Left
*advocating America's unilateral disarmament and/or a steep reduction in its military spending
*opposing the death penalty in all circumstances
*promoting socialized medicine in the United States
*promoting the tenets of radical environmentalism, whose ultimate goal, as writer Michael Berliner has explained, is "not clean air and clean water, [but] rather ... the demolition of technological/industrial civilization"
*bringing American foreign policy under the control of the United Nations
*promoting racial and ethnic preferences in academia and the business world alike
*promoting taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand
*advocating stricter gun-control measures
*advocating the legalization of marijuana

George Soros - Discover the Networks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM

25,845 posts, read 17,412,985 times
"Soros" is a buzzword, just like "Alinsky", a sure fire way to spot a Glenn Beck fan.

I feel sorry for anyone who gets their marching orders from Glenn Beck.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM

20,454 posts, read 11,343,388 times
Actually a sure way to spot Obama.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM

25,569 posts, read 15,254,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Soros" is a buzzword, just like "Alinsky", a sure fire way to spot a Glenn Beck fan.

I guess it is better than getting one's marching orders from Stalin and the Frankfurt School.

I don't like Glen Beck or Hannity- they are reflex republicans who have little objectivity and are too negative. However, I find it shocking that liberals do not understand that their views lie with the forces of evil in the world and have been duped. No liberal will ever look at their heritage from the Frankfurt School and believes that their views are "enlightened" and "progressive" (why do you think they came up with those flattering terms?). The truth of the matter is that the left is on the side of oppression and totalitarianism. They are just too dull witted to understand.

I will take the views of Jefferson. You can take the views of Stalin. That is the difference between a modern conservative and liberal, respectively.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:15 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,152,863 times
Default I'm not sure i want to take on this rant, let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

*promoting the view that America is institutionally an oppressive nation
*promoting the election of leftist political candidates throughout the United States
*opposing virtually all post-9/11 national security measures enacted by U.S. government, particularly the Patriot Act
*depicting American military actions as unjust, unwarranted, and immoral
*promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws
*promoting a dramatic expansion of social welfare programs funded by ever-escalating taxes
*promoting social welfare benefits and amnesty for illegal aliens
*defending the civil rights and liberties of suspected anti-American terrorists and their abetters
*financing the recruitment and training of future activist leaders of the political Left
*advocating America's unilateral disarmament and/or a steep reduction in its military spending
*opposing the death penalty in all circumstances
*promoting socialized medicine in the United States
*promoting the tenets of radical environmentalism, whose ultimate goal, as writer Michael Berliner has explained, is "not clean air and clean water, [but] rather ... the demolition of technological/industrial civilization"
*bringing American foreign policy under the control of the United Nations
*promoting racial and ethnic preferences in academia and the business world alike
*promoting taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand
*advocating stricter gun-control measures
*advocating the legalization of marijuana
America is institutionally repressive, now NYC is banning sugery drinks, it and other cities and states have all sorts of morally repressive laws against victimless crimes. if I want to buy a beer before noon on a Sunday what gives the local governments the right to say I can't.

Would you expect liberals NOT to support politicians who support their liberal agenda?

The so called Patriot Act is an affont to the rights expressed in the Constitution. Ask any real conservative.

The war in Iraq by the younger Bush was unwarrented, unjust, and therefore immoral. The policies put in place by his father were keeping Iraq contained. They were no threat to anyone, not even the Kurds, certainly not the US.

Plus one for you on immigration, except that the Republicans have not done much about immigration either, unless you count the "Great Communicator's" blanket amnesty in the 1980's.

The economy, destroyed by Bush, has caused a greater expension of welfare and other social programs like extending unemployment assistance. As the economy recovers these programs will decline. Obama has gotten more donations from Wall Street than Mitt during this election cycle. What do they know that you don't?

The courts are the ones promoting expansion of care to illegal aliens, including non emergency medical care, not the feds, or certainly not state governments.

All Americans, and those brought before American courts, deserve equal protection under the law, regardless of the charge. You will appreciate this more when they stop at your house.

Financing and training future leftists, yes, and the Republicans do the same thing, ever hear of the group "Young Republicans" too young to vote, but firmly indoctrinated. Would you expect either party to do anything less than prepare the next generation to carry forward their agendas?

No one is arguing that America should disarm, but we have a military budget that is what, 4 or 5 times that of China, the next biggest spender. Do we really need to pay for troops in Germany? What the libs are asking for is that we not buy a few more bombs, aircraft carriers and the like, and in so doing cover grandma's medicare and Timmy's hot lunch program. What is wrong with that?

I'm a fan of the death penalty, despite the fact that it costs too much, takes too long, and hasn't shown to be an effective deterrant. At least it is an effective deterrant for the person getting fried or drugged to death. However, all other so called civilized countries, don't use it, so Americans who do not support the dealth penalty are just going with the world consensus on the issue. Ours is the minority position, right or wrong.

We don't have effective radical environmentalism in the US, what we have on one side is nuclear and oil being subsidized, and on the other side, some well meaning people trying to reduce coal use to reduce the lead and mercury in the environment. What we need is a well planned energy policy, which neither party has proposed.

American forgien policy has never been, and will never be, under the control of the UN, which has no army of it's own and rely on us for a lot of it's funding. They are just talk. The Security Counsel regularly will not sanction what we want to do or are doing - we do it anyway, non issue.

Promoting racial and ethnic preferences, i'll give you a plus one on that. We won't have real racial equality until we get what Martin Luther King wanted, when we judge a person on their character, instead of the color of their skin. Government is too preoccupied with asking all of us what ethnic background we come from. Government should just ask us if we are an American, not black, white or other. This didn't start with Omama and likely won't end with him. Too many groups who say they want equality benefit from being identified as one group or another for federal dollars.

Republicans have made great inroads into reducing all types of abortion and making those who would consider it go thru humiliating and unneeded procedures to get it. The only thing worse than state funded abortions is the alternative - think about that, take it out to the social consequences, not the so called moral or religious doctrines, something anti-abortionists rarely do.

Plus one on gun control. Despite the recent and continuing carnage, more gun control laws will do little to help and will only affect the law abiding. However, I think we can both agree that people with a history of mental illness should be barred from gun ownership. Although putting that in place would be difficult if not impossible due to medical privacy laws and other issues.

Ryan says he supports leaving marijuana legalization to the states. Mitt was against it, now he is for it, I guess this is another flipper issue. No Democratic Presidential candidate or their Vice presidential candidate supports legalization of any kind. Obama early on called for a national debate on the issue, but that went no where. No only does he ignore calls for legalization but he has specifically said no and refuses to discuss the issue in public forums, like the Internet, where he treats such questions as a joke.

Despite early indications that he would leave people operating under compliance with state laws alone, he re-appointed the same DEA Administrator that Bush had, a rabid prohibitionist that enjoys putting people in wheelchairs in prison. There have also been more extensive crackdowns on state dispensories by the Obama administration than under Bush, so you get a fail on this issue.

Your turn...

Old 09-15-2012, 03:35 PM

20,137 posts, read 17,863,481 times
America has been hijacked by a truly unamerican force. It happened before Obama, but his is the most blatant example of such.No force on earth presents such a clear threat to the vitality of the United States as the trinity of evil... Obama, Soros, and Satan himself.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM

5,335 posts, read 5,769,526 times
Beaconowner,

Job well done

I truly respect your opinion, thank you so very much for taking
the time to post

Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 PM

7,474 posts, read 21,660,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I fell sorry for anyone who fails to recognize a communist in the White House...

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 PM

46,038 posts, read 32,563,796 times
I love the word "Soros" it makes it easier to spot Glenn Beck fans.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 PM

286 posts, read 491,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I fell sorry for anyone who fails to recognize a communist in the White House...
I feel contempt for any whack-job who fails to recognize when they’re making irrational, unfounded and delusional accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies