Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 04:50 PM

264 posts, read 266,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Cut and run? Sending the USS New Jersey to lay waste is running? That is what he did after our Marines were killed.
He bombed Mohmars tent and the crap from Mohmar came to a halt.
In this case. In Libya, these people were under control until Obama helped to unseat Mohmar. Nation building is always a mistake when dealing with radicals. Often better the devil you know then the one you dont.
Obama has no problem taking credit when things go right. He needs to take the R when they go south.
This. Obama's foreign policy is shortsighted or rather very ideological and naive. We helped topple established regimes in these unstable times when Muslim extremism is on the rise. How difficult to forsee who would fill the political void? We create our own enemies. Not too smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,441,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Still ignoring the fact that we occupy their holy lands and treat them like animals without property rights?
???
Quote:
Al Qaeda didn't have a presense in Iraq until we overthrew their leader. They were afraid of Sadaam. That's another thing you don't know. Guess what, they are in Libya now. Strange how they seem to follow us around AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.
What Al Qaeda has to do with angry mobs that practically rule these countries? At most Al Qaeda may hide among them, drawing support, but the thousands retards who burn everything on their way are locals. They behave the same as their fathers and grandfathers, long before Al Qaeda even existed. As for Al Qaeda, I guess that Bin Laden's death saddened you... After all, he didn't get a fair trial and his rights were not respected as the constituion says! and
Quote:
You have little knowledge of suicide bombers. Read Robert Pape, author of Dying to Win, the strategic logic of suicide terrorism, in order to better understand.
"Between 1982 and 1986, there were 41 suicide terrorist attacks in Lebanon. Once the U.S., the French, and Israel withdrew their forces from Lebanon, there were no more attacks. The reason the attacks stop, according to Pape, is that the Osama bin Ladens of the world no longer can inspire potential suicide terrorists despite their continued fanatical religious beliefs."
That's the problem. You get your info and ideas from books written by such minded authors. You have no idea about the real word. Take my word.
Quote:
"Religious beliefs are less important than supposed. For instance, the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, a Marxist secular group, are the world's leader in suicide terrorism . The largest Islamic fundamentalist countries have not been responsible for any suicide terrorist attack. None have come from Iran or the Sudan. Until the U.S. invasion of Iraq
I already told you - you have no idea about the real world:
Terrorist Bombing Of The Marine Barracks, Beirut, Lebanon
Lebanon - Suicide Bombings
1983 United States embassy bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could continue on and on, but I think there is no point...
Quote:

LMAO I'm so conservative I sh*t small. I believe in a small federal government. Being the policemen around the world isn't a conservative ideology.
Liberal Not the first time Ive been called that by a neocon and probably wont be the last as uninformed as they are.
Yeah, I get how conservative you are...
Quote:
To put things into perspective are them "A-rabs" occupying and putting sanctions on those countries? Good to see you've came through by commenting on an entire group of people instead of taking in account the country.

Quote:
Even more crucial: would you agree it is not our job to run other countries especially when we have so many problems here and our government does a horrific job running ours. Since when does any country have to ask our permission to run their own country? Course the only ones that get their citizens killed by us are the ones without nukes. Where were we when Russia was slaughtering their citizens? hint oil
Where were we when the atrocities in Africa were and still are occurring? hint oil
Again, reality doesn't sit well with your theories. A reasonable person with common sense, would not shoot himself in the foot for any "fairness". Yes, according to your principles those demented mobs and western countries are equal. Any thinking person understands that is not the case. They are extremely dangerous and should not be allowed to play with fire. If the US can enforce that, it is its responsibility to do so.
Quote:
The only thing backwards is your one sided thought process. Real easy to forget the deaths of 1/2 million children if you have a short memory or no morals I guess.
"9/11 Never Forget" We can do it but other countries can't mentality???? But when your policies side with the ones wanting to run others lives and disregarding property rights, it's not surprising.
Not a word about Syria? Doesn't bother you even a bit? And the mobs in Cairo? Since they are so sensitive to human lives? Or is your/their sensitivity reserved exclusively for cases when US or Israel are involved?
Disclaimer: I admit of having no morals.

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-15-2012 at 06:51 PM..

Old 09-15-2012, 06:38 PM

170 posts, read 202,937 times

Peaceful Islam.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I wonder how people will feel when the dust settles and they realize Obama was campaigning while our Embassies were being attacked. He was given notice 48 hours in advance and did nothing.

In the CNN article it does reference the movie but also says they were chanting "Obama Obama, we love Osama".

Maybe the campaign needs to start saying GM is dead and Osama is alive. Or at least apologize for getting Bin Laden.
When this administration did "get" bin Laden, you RWs were up in arms, carrying on about violating his rights, yada, yada.

There was NO 48 hour notice. What do you think the Lybians did, send him an email?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,923,579 times
"Behead Those Who Insult Islam" sure seems to be a popular slogan whenever these folks protest.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:38 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,862,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
When this administration did "get" bin Laden, you RWs were up in arms, carrying on about violating his rights, yada, yada.

There was NO 48 hour notice. What do you think the Lybians did, send him an email?

LMAO!!!

No one said Bin Ladens rights were violated. Anwar Alaki was a US citizen killed by a drone without a trial. If Bush had done that all hell would have broke loose. Bish was called a war criminal for waterbiarding, yet Obama can kill citizens and it's A OK.

Al Qaeda regional branch's No. 2 killed in airstrike, officials say | Fox News

The 48 hour notice has already been reported by the BBC and CNN but I'm sure you knew that.

Did you read about the Navy Seal telling his friends on a game forum he saw suspicious activity the night before he was killed? Joked about being dead the next day. Very sad.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:34 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times

Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
???
???

Quote:
What Al Qaeda has to do with angry mobs that practically rule these countries? At most Al Qaeda may hide among them, drawing support, but the thousands retards who burn everything on their way are locals.
You made all that up. Now that some of the leaders in the Middle East who were against Al Qaeda are gone, Al Qaeda is stronger. Wow that was hard to figure out.
Quote:
They behave the same as their fathers and grandfathers, long before Al Qaeda even existed. As for Al Qaeda, I guess that Bin Laden's death saddened you... After all, he didn't get a fair trial and his rights were not respected as the constituion says!
We captured nazi war criminals and took them to trial. Were you disappointed because no one was killed right away?
Since when does someone like you get to decided who gets a trial and who doesn't? You either believe in the constitution or you don't.
Quote:
and That's the problem. You get your info and ideas from books written by such minded authors. You have no idea about the real word. Take my word.
I already told you - you have no idea about the real world:
Terrorist Bombing Of The Marine Barracks, Beirut, Lebanon
Lebanon - Suicide Bombings
1983 United States embassy bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The entire problem is uninformed people saying "take my word for it". You have already proven you know little about that region and have no problem with killing children. Why listen to you? You want to continue the same policies we've used for 60 years that haven't worked.
You want to continue treating symptoms instead of treating the cause. The people in the Middle East told us the reason why they come after us. We invade and occupy. I believe them when they tell us their reasons instead of someone like you who thinks he knows better than those involved. Arrogance, pure arrogance.
Quote:
I could continue on and on, but I think there is no point...
Yeah, I get how conservative you are...
Judging from this post I don't think you get too much.
Quote:
Again, reality doesn't sit well with your theories. A reasonable person with common sense, would not shoot himself in the foot for any "fairness". Yes, according to your principles those demented mobs and western countries are equal. Any thinking person understands that is not the case. They are extremely dangerous and should not be allowed to play with fire. If the US can enforce that, it is its responsibility to do so.
Again your demented, twisted reality doesn't sit well with those who look at the moral approach. It is not okay to invade and occupy as well as sanction countries which caused the deaths of half a million children. It is not okay to use force on people in other countries when those people have not attacked us.

It is not the US responsibility to police the world. How did the sanctions that killed half a million children, animals is what you call them, work out? How moral was that? Let me guess THIS time the US will be moral.
Quote:
Not a word about Syria? Doesn't bother you even a bit? And the mobs in Cairo? Since they are so sensitive to human lives? Or is your/their sensitivity reserved exclusively for cases when US or Israel are involved?
Disclaimer: I admit of having no morals.
bother me? From someone like you who has no problem with the US killing people that YOU think are on the wrong side.
When will you be going over there to help them? Or do YOU just want others to risk their lives doing YOUR dirty work?

Only someone ignorant or foolish would think our government is moral. History is packed with examples showing otherwise. Oh but this time our government will make the right moral decision, right? We overthrew a democratically elected government in order to preserve our oil interests in 1953 and you think that's moral?
People who do have morals do not back those who invade and kill others for oil. Take off your blinders.

And you answer to the people who are rising against the tyranny in their own country as well as the tyranny from the US controlling interests in their own country is to use force and make them do what you want? You have no problem invading others and disregarding their property rights, that's repugnant. So is it okay to do that to Americans here or just to "those people" over there?

//www.city-data.com/forum/26113070-post97.html
watch the video hopefully you'll learn something

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-16-2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
LMAO!!!

No one said Bin Ladens rights were violated. Anwar Alaki was a US citizen killed by a drone without a trial. If Bush had done that all hell would have broke loose. Bish was called a war criminal for waterbiarding, yet Obama can kill citizens and it's A OK.

Al Qaeda regional branch's No. 2 killed in airstrike, officials say | Fox News

The 48 hour notice has already been reported by the BBC and CNN but I'm sure you knew that.

Did you read about the Navy Seal telling his friends on a game forum he saw suspicious activity the night before he was killed? Joked about being dead the next day. Very sad.
1. Re: bold- See post above. You can also do a search and read numerous posts expressing same.

2. Please post a link from both the BBC and CNN about this 48 hour warning.

3. What new conspiracy theory is next?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Who is the commander and Chief? Whose watch did this happen on?
When it was Bush those on the left declared Clinton was free of any blame because it happened on GWB's watch.
In this case. Obama helped to build the new Libya. He helped to overthrow the government and he owns this mess.
It's time to stop trying to blame anyone and everyone else and accept his responsibility in all this. warning or not, he helped to create the new Libya. Warning or not this happened on his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies