Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:38 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,691,840 times

Advertisements

"I think the whole film is a terrible idea. I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment– the good judgment– not to be– not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing.

Full Transcript: George Stephanopoulos and Mitt Romney - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
"I think the whole film is a terrible idea. I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment– the good judgment– not to be– not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing.

Full Transcript: George Stephanopoulos and Mitt Romney - ABC News

Condemning someone for doing something stupid is not apologizing for someone else doing something stupid.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
If Romney happens to get elected we can call him the Flip-flopper in Chief. Is there ANYTHING he hasn't reversed himself on?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:45 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,181 times
How is that apologizing? Condemning the "movie" after the fact isn't apologizing for it. The movie was stupid, but there is a difference between pointing that out and APOLOGIZING to the people who attacked us "because of the movie". He never once defended the protesters or the murders in Libya, apologizing for hurting their little feelings.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
How is that apologizing? Condemning the "movie" after the fact isn't apologizing for it. The movie was stupid, but there is a difference between pointing that out and APOLOGIZING to the people who attacked us "because of the movie". He never once defended the protesters or the murders in Libya, apologizing for hurting their little feelings.
Obama didn't apologize for the film either but that didn't stop Republicans from claiming that he did. Nor did Obama defend the protesters or murders in Libya. When this whole thing started Romney jumped the gun and stuck his foot in his mouth and now he's trying to back-track to save face with the State Department and others who know how badly Romney reacted in a crisis situation.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Kow towing to the Muslims.

OK..I demand someone apologize for giving some guy $15K of taxpayer money to put a crucifix in a glass of his p*ss.
Someone important needs to condemn his art in the press.

Obama didn't apologize..oh no.
Romney didn't apologize..oh no.

Both of them condemned the film in very public and you betcha this will be shown over and over in the ME in hopes of appeasing them.
When dealing with barbarians you sometimes have to take the low road and deal with them on their level.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:00 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama didn't apologize for the film either but that didn't stop Republicans from claiming that he did. Nor did Obama defend the protesters or murders in Libya. When this whole thing started Romney jumped the gun and stuck his foot in his mouth and now he's trying to back-track to save face with the State Department and others who know how badly Romney reacted in a crisis situation.
A US Embassy DID apologize. And for (I believe) 9 hours, this was the official statement from the Govt. And you really think it DIDN'T go through the white house first? If it didn't, who ever did release that statement should be out of a job or in very serious heat.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If Romney happens to get elected we can call him the Flip-flopper in Chief. Is there ANYTHING he hasn't reversed himself on?
He's a moderate that sold his soul to the right wing. He'll retract this statement as well when mommy and daddy hear it. Just not on national TV.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
After the media condemned him over his timeline and his fellow republicans left him out to dry what do you expect.

The truth is that both parties are delusional where the ME and Islam is concerned. You can't impose democracy on intolerant nations. Islam preaches that there is only one way everything else is forbidden. Hence Muslims are in dispute with non-Muslims around the world.

The West will have to dig deep into its history to find their strength to combat the Mohammadens. We could use a Queen Isabella right about now. Or maybe Jefferson in dealing with the Barbary Pirates.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:06 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Condemning someone for doing something stupid is not apologizing for someone else doing something stupid.
Whoooosh! Right over your head...

Romney claimed it was apologizing when the Obama Administration stated the exact same thing Romney stated in that quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies