Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Nice to know that conservative politicians are wasting their time with this kind of thing. I thought it was about the economy, stupid?
I am impressed by their fiscal responsibility.

Ya know, wasting time and money introducing legislation they don't really mean or legislation that isn't really important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
I've heard them say a lot of things too, all with qualifications and what they determine is 'just'. And BS on your economy issues. Those should be addressed anyway, whether it is a man or a woman.
You`re right they should be addressed. But stop with this overblown war on women baloney. Your war on women crapp is just code for...we want our abortions and contraceptions paid for along with the babies we have but can`t take care of. So stay out of our personal lives and let us have control over our own bodies, but give us money to take care of the bad choices we make with our bodies and if you don`t..it`s a war against women.

I`m all for freedom of choice. You should have the right to have sex with whomever you want whenever you want however you want. You should have the right to an abortion if you choose. It`s your body, do with it as you please. It`s just totally hypocritical to then think everyone else should give you money to cover the choices you freely make with your body. That is not a war on women. You want the freedom, you have it. But then don`t come crying and all of a sudden want the government to get involved with your personal choices by giving you money when you want it. If you can`t see the hypocrisy in that, then you have no credibility or honesty in your thinking or ideology and are just a total irresponsible drag on society and an embarrassement to all hard working Americans...men and women. It`s called personal responsibility. It comes with maturity.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am impressed by their fiscal responsibility.

Ya know, wasting time and money introducing legislations they don't really mean.
Especially since using unethical, non-democratic means to subvert the law doesn't do anything to stop abortions. Seems to me that they just want more women to die. So much for pro-life.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
"You heard them say....".

How about actually looking at what they are doing? How about actually reading the legislation they are introducing?
How about you stop listening to msnbc talking points, distortions, and left wing garble and research facts.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
How about you stop listening to msnbc talking points, distortions, and left wing garble and research facts.
Do you not fully comprehend the consequences of legally declaring an embryo a person from the moment of conception?

Are you totally oblivious to all of the personhood bills being introduced by Republicans all over this country, up to and including the Sanctity of Life Act?

Are you totally oblivious of the FACT that Paul Ryan and other Republican legislators have repeatedly stated they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 PM

450 posts, read 1,059,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know, I struggle with my religion because I just don't agree with how the catholic church treats women. We are inferior and the man rules. I just can't condone or agree with that.
I'm a Baptist, 31 years now, but raised Catholic. The Catholic church is slowly changing (always did, for good reason). In fact, IMO now that the chaff has been shaken out with the fall of corrupt priests and the exposure of "Liberation Theology", the church is revived and will be a significant moral force in the future. Thirty one years ago, many Protestants thought the Pope was the Anti-Christ in the coming times. That thought has passed. I think it has become pretty evident as of late that another player on the global stage will likely bring about the fulfillment of world prophetic events. What you have said is largely true regarding the role of women in Catholicism of the past, but honestly, considering the photos in this thread alone, do you still feel the same? I think you should take another look at your heritage with an open mind, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Do you not fully comprehend the consequences of legally declaring an embryo a person from the moment of conception?

Are you totally oblivious to all of the personhood bills being introduced by Republicans all over this country, up to and including the Sanctity of Life Act?

Are you totally oblivious of the FACT that Paul Ryan and other Republican legislators have repeatedly stated they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest?
Are you totally oblivious to the fact that romney and other republicans have repeatedly stated that they are not against abortions in cases of rape or incest?
Are you totally oblivious to the fact that republicans all over the place have defended abortion?
Are you totally oblivious to the fact that democrats all over the place believe a full term baby viable outside of the womb and coming down the birth canal can be killed. are you oblivious to the fact that these same democrats who think a 6 month fetus is just a blob of tissue with a beating heart and formed body will put somebody in jail for murder if a robber shoots that pregnant women in the abdomen and kills her so called fetus. Which is it, a fetus or a baby? Maybe it`s a human being when someone else terminates it but just a fetus when you do.

I want to make clear. If you want a first term abortion, then that`s your right. I just don`t think those who pay taxes should have to pay for it. If it`s rape or incest then i feel differently. But I`m for personal freedom and personal responsibility. This war on women is nothing but a bunch of crapp conjured up by the left to once again, divide, scare ,and conjure up votes.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The Virginia Board of Health, under intense pressure from McDonnell and Cucinelli, have adopted new regulations to apply to the state's 20 Family Planning clinics. The regulations apply draconian, onerous health rules, designed for the state's richest, best-funded hospitals, to the tiny, cash-strapped clinics:

Va. Board Of Health Passes Abortion Clinic Regulations Under Pressure

The ruling is expected to force at least 15 of the state's clinics to close, rather than make the necessary upgrades. Many of the rules- wider doorways, space requirements, more expensive equipment- were DELIBERATELY DESIGNED to be unworkable in the old clinic offices (Whatis it with the GOP, anyway? I thought you guys HATED regulations? )

No other outpatient-type clinics- dentists, chiropractic, etc,- are effected. Just places where women can obtain an abortion

This is the "Mississippi Solution"- the state can't outlaw abortion directly, because that would be a violation of a woman's constitutional rights, per Roe V Wade. So the Virginia GOP is attacking women's ability to control their reproductive life (and thus, their educational, economic, and professional lives) by nibbling at the margins of a legal, necessary medical procedure.

Soon, the only women able to get an abortion in Virginia will be GOP congressmen's mistresses.

REMEMBER THIS, ladies, when the GOP complains "What war on women?" Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE, from the same guys who brought you the vaginal probe ultrasound!
Yep, just like the good ole days, they will hide it and have a top notch doctor to perform it.

The want the old back alley abortion days back, coat hanger abortions, they don't give a damn as long as they have access to it, I'd bet 1/4 or more of the congressman's daughters have had an abortion.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Yep, just like the good ole days, they will hide it and have a top notch doctor to perform it.

The want the old back alley abortion days back, coat hanger abortions, they don't give a damn as long as they have access to it, I'd bet 1/4 or more of the congressman's daughters have had an abortion.
Yeah, let`s all sleep around and have sex whenever and however we want. We can always get an abortion and someone else will pay for it. See how taking the extreme position from the other side works?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
What money? Four hundred dollars? Really?

The medical profession makes a lot more money than that on a full term pregnancy.

Adoption providers make a lot more money than that arranging adoptions.

There is not big money in providing an abortion. FAIL.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

An abortion is a one time procedure. How long does it take? What the per/hour charge? What the cost on the doc?

Quote:
Adoption providers make a lot more money than that arranging adoptions.
Which ones and how so? If you think it's better to pay money to abort a kid as opposed to paying an adoption agency for arranging an up-and-up adoption...there are no words for you.

Pregnancies, because you apparently have no clue, last about 9 months. Not a few minutes getting your mistake scraped out of you.

What's the cost of an abortion? I dunno, but I'm SURE an economy sized box of condoms costs a LOT LESS! And hey, don't have SEX if you can't AFFORD to protect your dumb arse to begin with. Kids cost a lot more than keeping your panties on.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-15-2012 at 01:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies