Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:35 AM

44 posts, read 46,512 times

Advertisements

Everyday I hear and fully comprehend the truth as related to special interest professional politics. Everyday I look around me and affirm the utterly implosive and furthered destructive nature of intentionally engineered social multicultural discontinuity.

I witness the confusion that peoples hearts and minds are ripped apart by. I see the rage that we exhibit toward one another in everyday tasks while embroiled in an absolutely superficial materialistic glare of false pride driven insanity.

I listen to our traitorous President and his administrators speak and want to throw up. I look at ALL the pasty faced, 5000.00 suites stuffed with their 150.00 lunches while their pants pockets are bursting with constituent induced manipulations and corruption. I watch all them owned day in and day out by everyone except you and I.

I know evil. I am surrounded by it. Controlled by it. Disgusted and sickened by it.

Yet I get up, work hard all day, and go to bed exhausted each night so that it can continue endlessly.

Abraham Lincoln stated: "Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

My question is, with all the communication available to all of us, why do we sit around pretending to be satisfied, or more precisely, free? Why do we allow so few to crush and control so many? Why do we shrug and laughingly call them all "the chickens that came home to roost"?

Is the only reason that we don't substitute "USA" for "world" in Lincoln's above quote, complacency, or is it honestly sheer cowardice?

Or, is the only real question left to ask ourselves, "liberty", what's that?

My question could not be more from the heart. Why do I/we take it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:42 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
1. "They" have done a good job of polarizing the nation. It has made us a very non-cohesive bunch. If they had not polarized us/pitted us against each other, we would do something about it. We have about a third of the people in this country rooting for the rich, even though their not rich, but they think they will be someday and they want to stick it to the middle class. The other third wants everything for free. The middle third can't stand the two sides, knows they are both whack jobs and sits there not knowing what to do.

2. Besides being polarized, we are a nation of folks who have had it too easy and would never do anything radical to cause the change you seek. No one wants out of their comfort zone. Or should I say, not enough want out of their comfort zone.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIntrepidNobody View Post
Everyday I hear and fully comprehend the truth as related to special interest professional politics. Everyday I look around me and affirm the utterly implosive and furthered destructive nature of intentionally engineered social multicultural discontinuity.

I witness the confusion that peoples hearts and minds are ripped apart by. I see the rage that we exhibit toward one another in everyday tasks while embroiled in an absolutely superficial materialistic glare of false pride driven insanity.

I listen to our traitorous President and his administrators speak and want to throw up. I look at ALL the pasty faced, 5000.00 suites stuffed with their 150.00 lunches while their pants pockets are bursting with constituent induced manipulations and corruption. I watch all them owned day in and day out by everyone except you and I.

I know evil. I am surrounded by it. Controlled by it. Disgusted and sickened by it.

Yet I get up, work hard all day, and go to bed exhausted each night so that it can continue endlessly.

Abraham Lincoln stated: "Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

My question is, with all the communication available to all of us, why do we sit around pretending to be satisfied, or more precisely, free? Why do we allow so few to crush and control so many? Why do we shrug and laughingly call them all "the chickens that came home to roost"?

Is the only reason that we don't substitute "USA" for "world" in Lincoln's above quote, complacency, or is it honestly sheer cowardice?

We have the power to "shake off" our government through the ballot box every 2 years or 4 years, but we're too lazy.

We get the government we deserve.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIntrepidNobody View Post

First of all, I agree that reform is needed in Washington. However, the President isn't a traitor.

Expanded federal power? Yep, but so did Mr. Lincoln, moreso then any President in the history of these United States. Linoln broke the rule of law, ignored the Supreme court (an equal branch of government), and nationalized massive industries like the rail roads of the time.

Before you go quoting Presidents, perhaps you should learn more about them?

At any rate, reform comes to Washington every 2, 4, or 6 years. Its called a vote.

Whats rigged the game for the same 5000 dollar suits you're used to seeing is the electoral college and election process where you are mainly left with two options, Democrat or Republican.

But its not up to you about who Tennessee elects, anymore then its up to me to tell your state to elect.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
I'm sure the poor, tortured OP was just fine when Bush was in office.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
We have the power to "shake off" our government through the ballot box every 2 years or 4 years, but we're too lazy.

We get the government we deserve.
We are limited to 2 choices. What if those 2 choices are really not choices at all ?
I've always said Rs and Ds are nothing but different sides of the same coin.
They may say different words but the actions from both are the same.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We are limited to 2 choices. What if those 2 choices are really not choices at all ?

I agree with you here. I know the other poster stated that all we have to do is get out and vote. Well, it's not as if there is the one honest candidate who is going to go to Washington and do right by us and then there's the corrupt, slick candidate who tells us what we want to hear but we elect him anyway...

No, we usually have the choice of two candidates who are bought and paid for by someone. They each may present themselves a bit differently, but they are the same. They are in someone's pocket.

Hell, I don't even think an "average" citizen could make it to Congress anymore. You have to have money and power behind you.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Who do you think makes those 2 choices? Where do they come from? How are the chosen?

Answer to all 3: It begins at the precinct level where a group of your neighbors control the two parties. YOU can do the same thing...IF you're willing to get off your azz and work the system as the system is designed to work.

But, we're not. We think just voting is what self rule is all about and leave the decisive field to others.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Number one: Where's all this rage? I had a door held open for me yesterday and had a laugh with the cashier. If you see rage everywhere you look you might want to check your own heart and mind. Or move.

Number two: What are you doing to change things besides complain on the internet?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:50 AM

44 posts, read 46,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Number one: Where's all this rage? I had a door held open for me yesterday and had a laugh with the cashier. If you see rage everywhere you look you might want to check your own heart and mind. Or move.

Number two: What are you doing to change things besides complain on the internet?
In response to more than just the above:

First off, I have never missed a single major national or state election in all the time that I have become eligible to vote via my age as an adult US citizen. Please prove to me that there is any real choice involved to begin with when we are choosing between the lesser of two evils. I don't believe it for a second and only an utter gullible fool who momentarily thinks he's on top believes a politically contrived systematical process which has not been proved to be factually objective in the least.

Secondly, if you have never witnessed the vicious dichotomy that is this country's polarized state of multiculturalism, or the materialistic overzealous driven rage that is rampant in this country, you are living in a vacuum and would do better to stick to the cartoon section of your local newspaper. Go back to examining the content of your own heart and get a good laugh while you're at it.

What I am doing is asking an honest question here. If you can't answer it, why respond in the first place except to underline how contextually and philosophically lost you yourself actually are?

If anyone calls stating the absolute and certain unexaggerated facts, facts that I am certain that at very least a majority if not most of the intelligent and productive people in the USA would wholeheartedly agree with as being more so REALITY than just more "complaining on the internet", you truly are making yourself out to be precisely the definition and philosophical practice of those who deserve exactly what they get. Again, why bother stating your opinion in response to begin with? You are just underlining your insecurity and false ideals.

Thirdly and most importantly, to quickly sum up and think you have my political orientation aligned and ascertained in some ignorant sentence or two diatribe just proves my point. The chickens have indeed come home to roost and now is precisely when you'll hear them cackle the loudest.

Obama has again and again underscored his disdain for the legitimacy of real systematic American process and credibility. He is a traitor of the highest order and some day will assuredly come when once again the United States will be recognized as being far set apart from his idea of a week kneed dream consisting of a radical third world flop house with a 7/11 mentality.

Cackle on till your beak turns blue and falls off. You have nothing but feeble guess work to contribute here. Your philosophy in practice demonstrates as much.

You can darn well know that the REAL US MAJORITY is going to turn his assets out this November. That same majority may have become complacent and lazy in the past, but his bottom dwelling Assholiness, the high Mausoleum priest of degenerate Theocratic anti Capitalism is going down as a result of his ego driven high profile buffoonery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies