Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Accusations?
I have no desire to do this dance with you. You know what I am saying but you simply can't say "sorry".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Agreed. The do have the duty to investigate if something is amiss and it is brought to their attention.
Ok I could so pull this apart with current events but I don't want to throw this thread off into a tangent.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,589,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Incitement to Violence, Reckless Endangerment, Maliciously Causing Harm, .... ?
I suggest you learn the meaning of those terms. None of them could even come close to being applicable in this case.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
YES, they do have to interview him. It's part of their job. He gets the opportunity to explain what really happened. Could be a friend of his posted the YouTube. Questioning him gives him the opportunity to deny that he had any part of it. Actually, though, you make a good point re just violating parole....of course the Muslims would not be satisfied with just a parole violation, so WHY would we bother questioning him if the desire on the part of our government was to make the Muslims "happy"? They wouldn't.

Seems to me that the "Muslims" could easily find this guy and behead him at some point in the future. He can't hide forever; however, being in federal prison might just give him a longer lifetime.
Don't you find it funny that anyone else who mocked their religion had to go into hiding.
But he didn't.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, I didnt realize all of those people were rioting in order to demand an investigation in regards to someone who MIGHT have violated conditions of their parole over use of the internet.

I'm sure that will bring comfort to those who are killed.

Hey fancy, if you're absolutely serious about this, (and its so hard to take you seriously considering what you just posted), then why did they attack our embassies? What the hell was the reason, was he hiding in the embassy? You're non stop justification is utterly ridiculous..
Your first paragraph is beneath your intelligence level. I mean really. The guy was questioned because there was good probable cause to think he violated a condition of his parole. That "suspicion" of parole violation came from the fact that HIS "movie" was being viewed all over the world via internet on YouTube. Our federal employees were not responding to the demands of the "Muslims." They were just doing their ordinary jobs.

Well, I certainly cannot get into the minds of the people who attacked the embassies, so I just have to rely on what THEY said, and they certainly publicly stated that they were doing it because of the so-called "movie" denigrating their Prophet and religion. Guess you know as much about this as I do. Unless, of course, you're a really gifted psychic and can mind read what those "protestors" were really thinking.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no desire to do this dance with you. You know what I am saying but you simply can't say "sorry".
You started it No, I have no clue what you are crying about, and what I am supposed to be sorry a about.

People like you are practically looking for any excuse to pretend to feel insulted. It's a victim complex. Get over it.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,000,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok I could so pull this apart with current events but I don't want to throw this thread off into a tangent.
And I would undoubtedly agree with you...

I think you misunderstand what I am saying: I do NOT agree that this filmmaker needs to be "interviewed." In fact, I think it is a ruse aimed at intimidating him and others like him who would be inclined to insult Islam and thereby contribute to this crisis. To me, this is an attack on freedom of speech.

I am also saying that the cops have a duty (by law) to investigate issues that seem amiss when they are brought to their attention. If they fail to do so, the department would be sued, people would lose their jobs, and there would be a whole lot of accusations. There is no question that this filmmaker showed up on the radar of police and thus, they HAD to investigate him.

I've said before - they WILL find a reason to get to this guy. Now they have.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't you find it funny that anyone else who mocked their religion had to go into hiding.
But he didn't.
I thought he was trying to hide but investigative journalists found him.

Has any other US citizen garnered worldwide attention for denigrating their religion, and then was "hidden" by our government? Why would it be taxpayers' responsibility to hide someone, a civilian who was just exercising his/her freedom of speech rights?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You started it No, I have no clue what you are crying about, and what I am supposed to be sorry a about.

People like you are practically looking for any excuse to pretend to feel insulted. It's a victim complex. Get over it.

Have a nice day.
Go back and read post #10. Even I followed it and I didn't post it.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The only thing known was that he made a movie, PERIOD.. Not one thing you listed even hinted at him violating his probation.
I didn't list anything, I simply stated the fact that the guy is a criminal on probation who is not supposed to be using a computer or the Internet, yet somehow he created a YouTube movie. Don't you think it is fair to suspect you need a computer to make a YouTube movie? What exactly is your beef here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies