Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's very important to this administration to sell the line these were planned attacks (and later find someone to blame for not detecting it sooner), so this is the story-narrative we are going to hear over and over in the MSM.
I think you mean "not planned attacks" ?

The government has already put out a response to the UK Independent story denying that this was planned or that they knew anything about it.

The government has not put out a response yet to the Libyan President saying this was a planned attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
It is all about the killing of Bin Laden. The date 9/11 was chosen. It was planned.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is all about the killing of Bin Laden. The date 9/11 was chosen. It was planned.
Al Queda says it was revenge for killing their #2 man.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
I also seen a few stories that suggested the attack was already organized but its probably true that the movie was used to gain popular support.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I also seen a few stories that suggested the attack was already organized but its probably true that the movie was used to gain popular support.
The movie just may have been used to get support but not in the way we think.

The Grand Imam of Egypt has asked the UN pass a resolution to ban criticizing Islam worldwide and make it an internatlonal crime.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The movie just may have been used to get support but not in the way we think.

The Grand Imam of Egypt has asked the UN pass a resolution to ban criticizing Islam worldwide and make it an internatlonal crime.
Hmm, got a link with further details?

If true, I think this is just another move to drum up popular support. If it passes, they will just become bolder & more agressive & if it doesn't they can portray themselves as being victims of an unjust system.

Still this seems like a ploy to drum up popular support, if true.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Hmm, got a link with further details?

If true, I think this is just another move to drum up popular support. If it passes, they will just become bolder & more agressive & if it doesn't they can portray themselves as being victims of an unjust system.

Still this seems like a ploy to drum up popular support, if true.
I've been following the Al Jazeera live blog. News is coming over that hours before any of our MSM pick it up.

Here's the thread I started:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...worldwide.html

Here's a link to the Al Jazeera live blog:
Anti-Islam Video Protests Live Blog - Al Jazeera Blogs

Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Libyan President said it was planned way before, and the video was used as the catalyst:

Libya's president says embassy attack planned by al-Qaeda - YouTube

Old 09-15-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've been following the Al Jazeera live blog. News is coming over that hours before any of our MSM pick it up.

Here's the thread I started:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...worldwide.html

Here's a link to the Al Jazeera live blog:
Anti-Islam Video Protests Live Blog - Al Jazeera Blogs
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Libyan President said it was planned way before, and the video was used as the catalyst:

Libya's president says embassy attack planned by al-Qaeda - YouTube
I'll watch it later, but it appears my hunches might be on the money.

The various factions are still jockeying for position & the best way to drum up support is to show how tough a jihadist they can be.

This is what happens when the old alphas are taken out of the picture.

Frankly I think the best way to handle these situations is with a better intelligence/spy network. I thought we should have learned that after 9/11 but I guess not.

Don't know what's more disturbing: American forces where totally clueless about the attack; or they had some inkling but were too inept to do anything about it.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

I'll watch it later, but it appears my hunches might be on the money.

The various factions are still jockeying for position & the best way to drum up support is to show how tough a jihadist they can be.

This is what happens when the old alphas are taken out of the picture.

Frankly I think the best way to handle these situations is with a better intelligence/spy network. I thought we should have learned that after 9/11 but I guess not.

Don't know what's more disturbing: American forces where totally clueless about the attack; or they had some inkling but were too inept to do anything about it.
Or it could be that we got too complacent about foreign issues and started fixating on our own citizens as "domestic terrorists" instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies