Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:44 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,345,372 times

Advertisements

ditto fancyfeast - no one would go watch a movie like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Can you imagine if Hollywood ever did something like Martin Scorsese did against Christians?

For all the liberal hate of Christianity, even liberals must by now be able to see some difference.
Interesting Logic, Liberals hate(Allegedly) Christians. Conservatives love christ(So they claim) but are the ultimate sinners

Old 09-29-2014, 03:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have an open mind, and I love Arab culture, food, etc.

But I have no interest in a movie about Mohammed. I'd rather just read about him.
Slave owning pedophile who was charismatic enough to get people to follow him.

The end.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:10 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It would be a good chance for cultural exchange isn't that something liberals profess to support?
There are many cultural exchanges that don't cost millions of dollars. Making a movie is a risky business, and it's a private business, not a cultural exchange program. The movie industry doesn't like to take risks these days, and religious films of any kind haven't made their expected returns for quite a while now.

Even Mel Gibson's The Passion of Christ, though garnering good reviews and audience approval, failed to meet it's expectations. The heavy promotion and the controversy should have made it a hit, but it only broke even. The movie biz doesn't commit a fortune to a movie that only breaks even a second time, and flicks with religious themes have been out of fashion as popular entertainment since the early 60's.

And those were Christian themed movies. A Muslim movie, with all the religion's prohibitions with representing Muhammed, is a sure-fire flop in half the world.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:17 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
...... Conservatives love christ(So they claim) but are the ultimate sinners
Check out the plank in your own eye............

Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,551 times
Doubt it. Too many muslims would go crazy threatening to behead anyone affiliated with it's production.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Im just talking about something similar to Passion of the Christ. A story of Mohammad based on historical sources. Will that ever be produced?
I doubt it. It would be against their religion for any Muslim to watch the movie. Others might watch it just as I'm sure not everyone who watched the Passion movie was a devout Christian, but it probably wouldn't be profitable to make such a movie. Spending millions to make a religious movie when followers of that religion will be forbidden from seeing it probably isn't the wisest investment. You're looking at a pretty small audience. You may see a cheaper History Channel original production or some such thing, but major studio production? Doubt it.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It was not a flop, it did pretty well.

From my post #24 in this thread -

"Bottom line, he spent 2.5 million to produce it, and it grossed about 13 million. It was the highest grossing documentary of 2008, and, as of 2012, among the top 15 all-time top-grossing documentaries for the US."
It not only didn't flip, it was definitely a hit and was a pleasure to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Slave owning pedophile who was charismatic enough to get people to follow him.

The end.
Great. That would make him no worse than Moses, Saul or Joshua from the Old Testament.

All biblical heroes to Christians and Jews.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,108 times
Why would either a show about Mohammed or Jesus be...you'know, fun?

You know, I'll just stick with Marvel for my movies. And actual books for learning about the topics of my choice.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:55 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Maybe the producers of South Park can do a film about Islam and the pedophile profit. If they can get around Comedy Central they might actually have the stones to pull it off.

A Muslim version of the Book of Mormon would be hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies