Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM

994 posts, read 1,593,034 times

Advertisements

I'm not legally old enough to be President (not sure if I would really want to) but if I could and wanted to be President, I'd change quite a bit of things or push for them to happen:

1. Cut the age to be President/Senator/member of the House to 18 instead of 35/30/25 as it stands now. We need younger blood in office.

2. Get rid of the individual mandate on that stupid health care act. It's a bailout to the insurance companies (they have plenty of money).

3. Cut 90% of all government spending (too much pork). Yes, this includes the military, sorry!

4. Get rid of the Patriot Act and all the police state crap since 2001. You can't live in fear forever.

5. Keep Uncle Sam out of state government issues and restore state sovereignty. If some rural state wants to ban gay marriage...if they're so scared of gay people that they have to ban something like that, fine. But please don't bring the whole world into your state's drama, OK?

6. Start up good relations with all nations. No need to be a bad neighbor, eh?

7. Cut the salaries of all elected officials (executive, legislature, and judicial included) at the federal level by 70%. Do we really need to pay some Senator $100,000+ just to sound and look stupid on Cable News? Half of them look like jack o lanterns. Do you want to pay a jack o lantern more money in a year than you make in 2 or 3?

8. Make Congress the most powerful branch of the federal government. It's the closest to the people so it should have the most power. Why have the courts decide the laws as they do now?

9. Take away constitutional rights from corporations. Since when is a corporation a person? That's retarded.

10. Last, but not least....remake the White House into the Party House. Paint it some crazy color like blue and put a video game arcade in there. Washington looks stupid right now, it needs a makeover badly!!! (I had to say something stupid here, hahaha)

So, to the left wingers and right wingers...how would your Presidential regime work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
And yet we persist in the insanity of requiring a minimum age of thirty-five. I guess we're erally missing out.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
So to be clear, if we are 'taking constitutional rights away from corporations', I assume you want to get rid of all corporate taxes as well?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Do you realize the President does not have the exclusive power to do any of the things you list.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:50 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
WOULD NOT ***** FOOT AROUND- I would be a benevolent dictator..and set the place straight. Would personally create a new foreign policy by visiting physically with every leader good and bad in the world...and be stern with them to the point of making them uncomfortable...Policy would be formulated and tailored for each nation...

I would choose people to be around me from all walks of life...if it had to do with labor- I would find a laborer. If I was dealing with corporations- I would draft the head of the most powerful corporation and dominate them into submission...and order them to put things in order- as for the jails that are full of young black men.....They would get personal lectures from me- a good and powerful brow beating personally.

As for the economy...protectionism would come into play and an aggressive approach to those who demand interest on debt that is absurd------------I would dictate and they would listen...if they did not listen- exile...I would be a king......lol

Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,352,090 times
There is wisdom that comes with life experiences. You'll figure that out when you get older (we all do). It is not that we need younger individuals in DC, we just need better, more constitutionally observant ones.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
WOULD NOT ***** FOOT AROUND- I would be a benevolent dictator..and set the place straight. Would personally create a new foreign policy by visiting physically with every leader good and bad in the world...and be stern with them to the point of making them uncomfortable...Policy would be formulated and tailored for each nation...

I would choose people to be around me from all walks of life...if it had to do with labor- I would find a laborer. If I was dealing with corporations- I would draft the head of the most powerful corporation and dominate them into submission...and order them to put things in order- as for the jails that are full of young black men.....They would get personal lectures from me- a good and powerful brow beating personally.

As for the economy...protectionism would come into play and an aggressive approach to those who demand interest on debt that is absurd------------I would dictate and they would listen...if they did not listen- exile...I would be a king......lol
Also: It would not depend on how rich you were to hold public office- I would find the best for all positions....and- Hollywood- I would demand they start to make good and healthy propaganda instead of stuff that drags the world into the sewer.....and I would have a dog......a big snarling dog called Bamba...and call him Barry when he pooped on the rug.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:00 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I'm not legally old enough to be President (not sure if I would really want to) but if I could and wanted to be President, I'd change quite a bit of things or push for them to happen:

1. Cut the age to be President/Senator/member of the House to 18 instead of 35/30/25 as it stands now. We need younger blood in office.

2. Get rid of the individual mandate on that stupid health care act. It's a bailout to the insurance companies (they have plenty of money).

3. Cut 90% of all government spending (too much pork). Yes, this includes the military, sorry!

4. Get rid of the Patriot Act and all the police state crap since 2001. You can't live in fear forever.

5. Keep Uncle Sam out of state government issues and restore state sovereignty. If some rural state wants to ban gay marriage...if they're so scared of gay people that they have to ban something like that, fine. But please don't bring the whole world into your state's drama, OK?

7. Cut the salaries of all elected officials (executive, legislature, and judicial included) at the federal level by 70%. Do we really need to pay some Senator $100,000+ just to sound and look stupid on Cable News? Half of them look like jack o lanterns. Do you want to pay a jack o lantern more money in a year than you make in 2 or 3?

8. Make Congress the most powerful branch of the federal government. It's the closest to the people so it should have the most power. Why have the courts decide the laws as they do now?

9. Take away constitutional rights from corporations. Since when is a corporation a person? That's retarded.

10. Last, but not least....remake the White House into the Party House. Paint it some crazy color like blue and put a video game arcade in there. Washington looks stupid right now, it needs a makeover badly!!! (I had to say something stupid here, hahaha)

So, to the left wingers and right wingers...how would your Presidential regime work?
No, you wouldn't. That would require Constitutional amendments, and the President plays no role in amending the Constitution.

The rest of your list further underscores that you really don't understand the limits of Presidential powers.

As for me, here's what I'd do if I was President:

Resign.
Immediately.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM

990 posts, read 939,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post

1. Open trade to Cuba (because anyone who says "they have human rights violations" is full of turds because we trade with China and Saudi Arabia with their significantly worse violations of human rights)
2. Take "God" off of all currency and remove it from the pledge (because God is an establishment of religion, and I am supposed to be free from a government established religion)
3. Legalize ALL drugs for production, distribution and possession here in the US with heavy taxes and a minimum age of 21.
4. Legalize prostitution to give those women the protection they deserve...it's not like there aren't millions of hookers around already!
5. Create a national Sales Tax of 2% on consumer staples, 4% on durables, and 10% on luxury items (like iPads, Playstation games and stuff)
6. Create a totally flat tax of 20% for everyone, regardless of income and without any loopholes.
7. Eliminate the capital gains tax and simply tax all gains as income at the 20% flat rate.
8. Cut the DoD budget in half.
9. Take all the military personnel from non-combat zones, cut 60% of them loose (keeping the top 40% on Merit) and streamline the military with special forces training and computer skills as well as shifting from manpower to R&D.
10. Make it illegal for any Kardashian, "Real" Housewife, Toddler & Tiara or any other "reality" TV program to exist in America...yeah, that one is wishful thinking.
11. Lower salaries for all members of the federal government to coincide with the Per-capita income in the US. If the Per-capita income is $55,000, then everyone in the federal government should make that, including the President. It's not like you can't make 10x that the moment you leave office.
12. Make any violent or sexual crime against children a federal offence, and institute the death penalty for those offenses.
13. Legalize Euthanasia, but only if that person specifically says they want to die...no Power-of-attorney or guardian should make that choice, only the person who is to die should make that choice.
14. Make a constitutional amendment deeming marriage to merely be a private matter between consenting adults, remove all tax benefits of marriage and allow polygamy and homosexual marriages to happen.
15. Repeal the USA PATRIOT Act and create laws guaranteeing privacy of personal information.

That's my 15-point plan. I have more ideas too, but those are the 15 I could come up with now.

PS I realized I didn't mention the Supreme Court. I believe we need to set 12-year term limits for them and all members of congress.
PPS I understand that this is beyond the limits of presidential power, but I'd at least put forward these issues and try to get Congress (or the people) to push them forward. I know most would be impossible because Congress is full of retards.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Do you realize the President does not have the exclusive power to do any of the things you list.
Apparently the OP is not old enough to read the US Coinstitution either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies