Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 04:50 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, I think we have to go after those like OBL, but I much prefer the type of mission that took him out to full scale invasion/occupation of dubious value to the US. Before his death JFK was questioning the wisdom of attempting to fight other peoples' battles for them, it's a wise question for any POTUS to ask before commiting to war.
Fight the battle for them?

Their all on the same side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 04:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
We haven't been kicking their asses.
Yes, we have. We have killed an untold number of Al Qeada terrorists. Even the terrorists admitted they attacked the embassy because we kicked the ass of their #2 man.

Quote:
When an American Ambassador gets killed. Someone should have to pay.
Sure. The hunt is on.

Quote:
They do these things and have found out that there is no repercusion.
You think OBL and the #2 man would agree?

Quote:
Now you may want us to stay out of it, but let's face it, America will always be involved in the Mediterranean area.
I never said we should stay out of it. We have been in it for a long time, and I don't see any change in that approach.

Quote:
If America were to duck out, we surely would end up on the wrong end of the stick.
Then I guess you are happy to learn we are not ducking out.

Quote:
Your idea is that they will leave us alone, my idea is that they won't.
Where did I say that?

Old 09-15-2012, 04:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Libyans See al Qaeda Hand in Embassy Attack - WSJ.com

What should America do?

Apologize?

Figure out a way to tell them that they are all still living in the 3rd century.

Kick their a~ses and encourage them to stand up straight and enter the 21st century? If not - fu&k 'em.
I don't know the answer. What we are dealing with are people that seem to be sub-human (for lack of a better term). What is wrong with them? One thing I have to ask is, "Don't any of them work?" You have all these men on the streets throwing grenades RPG's etc. How is it that they have the time? Is it their women that are supporting them? Are they just lazy, or are they just ignorant?

I don't understand how it's possible.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Fight the battle for them?

Their all on the same side.
What did we do in Iraq but fight their battle for them?

And WHAT did we get for it?

Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know the answer. What we are dealing with are people that seem to be sub-human (for lack of a better term). What is wrong with them? One thing I have to ask is, "Don't any of them work?" You have all these men on the streets throwing grenades RPG's etc. How is it that they have the time? Is it their women that are supporting them? Are they just lazy, or are they just ignorant?

I don't understand how it's possible.
Maybe they have Fridays off..you know ..prayers and all.
They are a very religious people.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sure Ok, I'll play the game. No boots on the ground meant no invasion.
Right....
What is your definition of "invasion". I did not invent the definition I gave you.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Maybe we should just stop sending people & $$$ to the cesspools of the world and let them fend for themselves? And if we can't fly at will over these cesspools just what the hell have we been getting for all the $$$ we pour into the DoD and why should we be so hellbent to pay more?
Dang! this may be the first time I have ever agreed with you! Something must be happening here!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
are you serious??
obama strutting around has not made us safer!
we need this hack out of there
he has done nothing to help tis situatio it is his stupid pollices that has caused it
the terroists in the middle east as well as Russia see him as the coward he is!!

And Bush invading Afghanistan and Iraq and failing at both has made us "safer?" Did empowering Iran to be the dominant power in the Middle East make us safer?

Old 09-15-2012, 04:55 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you know what happened to JFK. All Presidents since have followed the gameplan.
Well, I've never believed JFK was anything but the victim of a nut job.

I don't know what the hell the game plan was for LBJ or Nixon but it sure didn't produce anything useful.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM

264 posts, read 266,483 times
Quote:
Maybe we should just stop sending people & $$$ to the cesspools of the world and let them fend for themselves? And if we can't fly at will over these cesspools just what the hell have we been getting for all the $$$ we pour into the DoD and why should we be so hellbent to pay more?
Cause they have oil we need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies