Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And more liberal excuses. They had no business getting involved in a private company and GM didn't help themselves sleeping with Obama. GM had problems due to their own fault, and I'm sure Union pensions didn't help. They should've been allowed to fail.
Free markets. Companies fail all the time, doesn't mean they should be bailed out with our money.
I, for one, opposed the bailouts, but I could name a few people here on pretend to hate bailouts, but actually supported them in 2008 at the peak of the bailout tsunami. Of course after Jan 20, 2009, they use every argument to oppose them. What's happened, has happened, and of you go on hating GM, all you manage to do is tear down an American company.

What do you hope to accomplish by smearing them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Then you are not paying attention. Unfortunately those who are complaining are labeled as being "fringe" or "looney" by most.
I am paying attention. I think they are called "looney" because they supported them before they opposed them.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am paying attention. I think they are called "looney" because they supported them before they opposed them.
You have added nothing to discuss here. Just more vast generalizations. Obama said that raising the debt limit was a sign of a complete failure in leadership.

Are there far too many that base their arguments depending on who is president? Yes there is, and that would include the president.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have added nothing to discuss here.
Thanks for stopping by to add this to the conversation. It's a gem.

Quote:
Obama said that raising the debt limit was a sign of a complete failure in leadership.
Maybe that's why he had the Republican Congress raise it, as opposed to raising it himself.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Right. They can buy is back at $50.00 a share if they want to. If not, then I think the government should wait until the share values improve.

The bail out didn't ruin their reputation, it was ruined by Obama's opponents who went to no end to smear everything he touched, and that included GM.
Trying to force the Volt on people may have had something to do with it all and Obama was at the bottom of that one.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lol. You believe that?
I'm afraid he does.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Trying to force the Volt on people may have had something to do with it all and Obama was at the bottom of that one.
How many Volts have they forced on you?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's what I said in 2008, but that's not what happened, and the govt bailed out hunderds of companies during Bush/Obama bail out boom, but I don't see why I should hate the companies who were bailed out. Most of our military's main arms suppliers have been bailed out at some point in time, but I don't run around screaming they are "govermnent lockheed-martin", etc, and telling people to boycott them. I'm not pro-bail out, but I am happy those people still have their jobs.
I thought Turbo Tax Timmy was the first Secretary of the Treasury to be the CEO of a company, like he was when I started calling GE, Government Motors.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I, for one, opposed the bailouts, but I could name a few people here on pretend to hate bailouts, but actually supported them in 2008 at the peak of the bailout tsunami. Of course after Jan 20, 2009, they use every argument to oppose them. What's happened, has happened, and of you go on hating GM, all you manage to do is tear down an American company.

What do you hope to accomplish by smearing them?
Maybe bringing the UAW back under some control. After all, it was the union that Obama bailed out. How much of the company do they own now since the bail out?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
How many Volts have they forced on you?
A slew of them.

Government Purchasing More and More Chevy Volts to Boost GM Sales Independent Journal Review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies