Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
I'm sure all of those unemployed Black kids from the hood will stop flash mobbing and terrorizing White yuppies when an out-of-touch elderly White guy who favors multi-millionaires is elected .

Real life class warfare has already started with Black kids taking to the streets of gentrified wealthy majority White downtown neighborhoods in DC, Philadelphia and Chicago beating random White yuppies and robbing them of their overpriced slave-labor produced iphones and such. Occupy protests in cities across the land became very violent last year. The occupy protests in Oakland were particularly violent. It will only get worse:

What do they do with random (poor) white burger flippers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
He isnt going to help you anymore then Obama will. Just as neither of them will help me. Thats my responsability.

My calculations are telling me that while the country will be better off under Romney, I personally will be worse off under Romney.

Under the principle of "my responsibility", can I afford to vote for Romney?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
The class war is over- You lost.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Just because you have a job doesn't mean your content so I believe class warfare is really, very real but it's not Obama who started it, it's years and years of inequality, inflation on the cost of everything in America and low wages. Also racism and discrimination plays a part aans well. Those jobs that are lost are lost its not coming back so the new America that will prosper will come from the people, the working people not the government to create answers to our problems.

I think American a will become like one of those movies which 99% are poor and rich people basically live in fear of getting killed daily. The poor isn't contempt anymore with having nothing, the slaves aren't slaves, people want more and this is the problem. Government doesn't have anymore tricks up its sleeve to calm down the people anymore.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
The real issue is what happens when the Chinese slaves demand a bigger piece of the puzzle, what will America do without that cheap 3rd world labor?

Speaking of iphones

Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
My calculations are telling me that while the country will be better off under Romney, I personally will be worse off under Romney.

Under the principle of "my responsibility", can I afford to vote for Romney?

What did you use for calculations to come to this conclusion?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
This is not new. Class was a major consideration during and after the Revolution. For instance only property owning white males were allowed to vote or hold political office. Everyone else was a tenant farmer, child worker, indentured servant or a slave. Or maybe just a woman. In those days class differences and warfare would allow people to starve in the dark.

The only thing that has really changed is some of the wealthy are more willing to bribe the untermensch into keeping quiet and peaceful with welfare and the appearance of opportunity. Increasingly the Republican Party has become dominated by people that are willing to use force to keep the working folks and the poor in their place. Now they are working to enslave the women, regardless of economic standing, as well.

Our country has taken more time than many other republics to return to rule by a few very wealthy. With some luck and major political reform we could avoid becoming an oligarchy dominated by the pampered rich.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
So black folks are already giving Romney their money?
Pretty much. He probably owns more than 50% of the Hip Hop stations in this country. I'm sure he doesn't have his hand in them directly, but the profits all flow to Mitt.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I work hard at a 0% employee owned business that nets $3M per year with a payroll under $400K, and two dozen employees with a homeownership rate of zero.

Like how exactly is Romney going to help us? We're more likely to become homeless than middle class.
Sounds about like a lot of small businesses in my area currently. It seems that the small businesses are the ones getting screwed in this country.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
He isnt going to help you anymore then Obama will. Just as neither of them will help me. Thats my responsability.
There's only so much you can do. You don't have control over supply costs, transportation costs, or any of the other various costs that it takes to run a business. Your at the mercy of the business community as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies