Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Actually it's the government who has invested in their future. If they don't grow up to be good little wage earners and tax payers this debt that is piled upon them will never be paid off. Piling more on with the global warming nonsense will not make their lives any easier. Twelve hour shifts in the gulag. Of course like you say you care little like many of the cult members.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Talking The Arctic's Record Breaking Ice Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
34 second display of the arctic's record breaking ice melt.

The Arctic's Record Breaking Ice Melt - YouTube

Everybody who flunked 8th grade scence knows all that ice is melting because there's no global warming.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Kind of interesting how the folks who like to sound the alarms on global warming don't seem to want to look at the whole picture.

Scientists announced yesterday that Arctic sea ice had completed its summer melt and in the end reached the lowest extent since satellite measurements began. At the other end of the globe Antarctica was seeing the exact opposite as the ice at the South Pole grows to record levels.

Arctic sea ice reaches lowest extent on record while Antarctic ice grows - National Climate Change | Examiner.com

Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Kind of interesting how the folks who like to sound the alarms on global warming don't seem to want to look at the whole picture.

Scientists announced yesterday that Arctic sea ice had completed its summer melt and in the end reached the lowest extent since satellite measurements began. At the other end of the globe Antarctica was seeing the exact opposite as the ice at the South Pole grows to record levels.

Arctic sea ice reaches lowest extent on record while Antarctic ice grows - National Climate Change | Examiner.com
Really? What makes you think they aren't look at the whole picture? If you look at the whole picture the contrast is clear.

Antarctic sea ice:

Arctic sea ice:

Record Arctic Sea-ice minimum 2012 declared - it's the Silly Season! - Arctic Sea Ice

Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What do you have to say about record ice in the antarctic? Do you deny that is happening?
No. See above post.

Quote:
I don't know why it is so difficult for you folks to understand why Greenland was named Greenland. It's not because they found it covered in ice if you need a hint.
Misleading advertising.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:16 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Whoa!! We already have Obama worrying about the future yet unborn life times with that 16 trillion in debt they have already! My 3 year old grandson, grandson will still be paying that debt and he isn't even born yet, no one knows if my grandson will be gay even and have no child of his own, or if he will have a SO in some form, only God knows what....

And we have to worry about weather then, for them now when they are years away from being born yet?

Hell No! I want my palm trees on that icy ledge next week!

Why I just got done wiring a control cabinet for Dignity, that will run hammer and burr mills to smash and bash coconuts, which will make green fiberglass, more essential oils for the resins in glass and plastics, which i know you don't know anything about, but still it would be handy if i had some wild coconuts here to smash and bash, instead of having these heavy objects shipped all the way from the Philippines.

Did you try that glass of ice water experiment yet?

Oh yeah I don't think it is a wise idea to let the Democrats worry about things like Earth, the Weather, or much of anything. They always seem to have a problem with the sky falling on their heads.

That old Chicken Little Syndrome
There is always some Right Winger who has to get their programed talking points points across, in every forum and subject. Your statement about a 3 year old grandson not being born yet, just goes along with so much of the junk science thats dreamed up mostly by religious zealots who have been blinded by the light they have created to fit what they believe, or there secret agenda.. Its just plain stupid, and, the worst part, everyone knows it. Maybe it is time to call out a lot of these religious based ideas for what they are.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Any fool can claim someone wrong,
Look in the mirror or how about you go a back a few pages where you did exacly that.
Quote:
why don't you show why I am wrong. Go ahead, explain to me why what I said is invalid.
Well first off, I can't seem to find your definition or description of how models work anywhere online.

Secondly, in your "definition or "description" you seemed to use vague language in order to make it seem like models are just based on guesses and unknowns. That is blatently false to suggest that the data the goes into these models are just "guesses".

Quote:
We keep testing and evaluating until we understand. You are the one suggesting we make conclusions on unfounded assumptions and then act on them.
Conclusions based on the probability that the Earth is warming and we are behind it. Yes.

Quote:
Have you ever taken a true scientific course or is your education in the science that of "summation" course that talk about the subject, but never require the student to actually validate a given position?
We've been through this old man. You need to take your Namenda. I'm a biochemist here in Houston TX. We've already argued about our qualifications before.

Quote:
You believe in deep thought, I don't.
Surprise, surprise.

Quote:
You see, I know how computers work and I understand mathematics (I mean, you kind of have to in order to get degrees in both), so you aren't fooling me when you take the stance of "You just don't understand". You can sell your garbage to a liberal arts major, not I.
Sure sure. Well you may want to come back with a better definition or description of how models work and maybe I'll start believe you understand. Oh and drop the communist/McCarthyism crap, it just doesn't make you seem like a credible person here in 2012.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
says the guy who has absolutely no understanding of computer technology and mathematical process.

Go ahead, maybe throw in some little political punch as well... call him a Wingtard, denier, etc... It is right up your ally of political rhetoric.
Or how about I just call them a communist eh? Take a page from the book of Nomander.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I wasn't responding to make an argument about wealth redistribution, or even global warming. I simply pointed out a bad graph. Dozens of graphs like yours are posted everyday, and many times they are accepted at faith value without scrutiny. Often times they are assembled by authors with no science background or even a clear understanding of the data. Microsoft Office makes it easy to create pretty charts. I'd bet 80% of the charts related to AGW or the economy are wrong. And yes, both sides are equally guilty.

So we are clear, it is wealth redistribution. When Hillary says it's not fair that a poor country in Africa suffers because of the actions of the major industrial nations and should be compensated, the intent is clear.
We've been "helping" or redistributing wealth to lesser countries for sometime. Not anymore different than what we have been doing for several decades. Sh*t..... just think how much redistribution we did during the Cold War.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
We've been "helping" or redistributing wealth to lesser countries for sometime. Not anymore different than what we have been doing for several decades. Sh*t..... just think how much redistribution we did during the Cold War.
Then why the false pretense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies