Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,165,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Those organizations don't hate gay people. They are simply "Pro-Traditional Marriage"!
If they don't hate gay people, why do they spend so much in time and resources spreading lies and propaganda? Twisting studies to the point that the originators have had to make statements against these organizations?

It's one thing to be supportive of your vision of marriage. It's another to consistently lie about others.

It's one thing to feel that your flavour of religion is the "right one" in regards to any/all topics. It's another to use the government to create laws based upon your religion alone.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Marriage has been "redefined" throughout history.
But this is nothing that hasn't been presented to you many times in the past, now you can ignore it again!

History of Marriage
Short and sweet information.

How marriage has changed over centuries - The Week
Has marriage always had the same definition?
Actually, the institution has been in a process of constant evolution. Pair-bonding began in the Stone Age as a way of organizing and controlling sexual conduct and providing a stable structure for child-rearing and the tasks of daily life. But that basic concept has taken many forms across different cultures and eras.

HowStuffWorks "Betrothed Through the Centuries: A Timeline of Marriage"
But for most of human history, marriage wasn’t a very romantic institution. It was more akin to a business deal between men, and the bride in question had very few rights or other options.
Sure, marriage has been redefined throughout history. Some changes maybe for better, others for worse. Could be the stone age people 'pair-bonding' was the best method.

The function of marriage --- to cement national alliances vs. affection, for example --- has changed more so than woman-man. SSM was never a 'traditional' form.

That doesn't mean ssm is a bad change for the U.S., where for all practical purposes, woman-man marriage is the tradition.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Absolutely!!!

But when you control the words, you control the debate!! Terms like "hate", "anti".....etc.....

Those organizations don't hate gay people. They are simply "Pro-Traditional Marriage"!
You obviously don't know the meaning of "Traditional Marriage".

Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You obviously don't know the meaning of "Traditional Marriage".

I THINK I HAVE AN IDEA........

AS OLD AS TIME ITSELF......

Last edited by citizenkane2; 09-20-2012 at 10:43 AM..

Old 09-20-2012, 12:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I have a close friend that is in a position to see the financials for several franchise owners in the southwest. According to him, year over year same store sales are down in excess of 20%. One day of purchases by hateful bigots can't possibly make up for an indefinite period of lost sales from an unknown number of people that have chosen to boycott.

There are rumors that some of the franchise owners are considering a class action lawsuit against the parent company and Mr. Cathy to recover some of the lost value of their investments.
The CFA in Hollywood. calif is giving away a bunch of free stuff for their 1 year anniversary to lure in the customers that they've lost. I won't even eat a FREE sandwich when one is offered to me. I've convinced myself that the sandwiches tastes really crappy.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM

569 posts, read 671,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Marriage isn't a right. But just to be clear, you support a dad marrying his daughter, as long as they are consenting adults? A mom and her son? Mom and daughter? Brother and sister?
Once you start comparing homosexual relationships to incest you have more than lost the debate.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:

I THINK I HAVE AN IDEA........

AS OLD AS TIME ITSELF......
Heavens! Is that an interracial couple on the bottom?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Once you start comparing homosexual relationships to incest you have more than lost the debate.
Let's be honest, she lost this debate after about 3 posts.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM

569 posts, read 671,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Let's be honest, she lost this debate after about 3 posts.
Very true!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Dan Cathy said he will not donate, but he is helping raise money for the very group he said he will not give money to.

This week he tweeted this photo from the event http://www.advocate.com/sites/advoca...ly_400x300.jpg

read more here
Chick-fil-A Fails to Live Up to Promises of Stricter Donation Guidelines | HRC Blog | Human Rights Campaign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies