Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You can't provide just one?
Show me you're interested and I'll consider it...

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-al-qaeda.html

AL-Qaeda said the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya was in revenge for the killing of the network’s number two Sheikh Abu Yahya al-Libi, SITE Intelligence Group reported.

“The killing of Sheikh Abu Yahya only increased the enthusiasm and determination of the sons of (Libyan independence hero) Omar al-Mokhtar to take revenge upon those who attack our Prophet,” said al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula said in a statement, quoted by the US-based monitoring group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
McCain should keep his mouth shut. If he were president, we'd still be fighting in Iraq.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep sounds like a book burning to me...............

"Fox News has obtained a three-page intelligence report showing that two days before the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, a statement incited "sons of Egypt" to pressure America to release the so-called blind sheikh "even if it requires burning the embassy down with everyone in it."
The web statement, apparently posted on Sept. 9, was in reference to the embassy in Egypt. It preceded a throng of demonstrators breaching the U.S. Embassy wall in Cairo, supposedly in protest over an anti-Islam film. Obama administration officials claim that attackers in Libya then took their cue from Cairo and seized the opportunity to attack the consulate in Benghazi.
Though the administration's version of events is still evolving, the three-page Department of Homeland Security intelligence report further highlights potential threats that were being picked up before last week's attack.
The DHS report, released on Sept. 11, said an "unidentified user" on an Arabic-language forum posted the statement "inciting Egyptians to target the U.S. Embassy, indicating the U.S. Embassy shouldn't remain in Egypt" until Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as the blind sheikh, is released. Abdel-Rahman, who played a role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and other attacks, is serving a life sentence in U.S. prison.
[LEFT]
Read more: DHS report warned last week of call for 'burning the embassy down' in Cairo | Fox News
[/LEFT]
And, from your own link, it is clear that there are no talks or consideration of releasing the "Blind Sheikh" to anyone.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland denied the report.
"Let me say as clearly as I can there is no plan to release the blind sheikh, there is no plan. To my knowledge we have not been approached about it recently by any senior Egyptians," she said Wednesday.

Read more: DHS report warned last week of call for 'burning the embassy down' in Cairo | Fox News

Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Actually I'm not that interested.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
You can't provide just one?

Copy & paste will get you links

Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,847 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, do you? This "movie" was aired over and over and over many times on TV in the Middle East on Saturday before the attacks on Tuesday. A popular TV host in Egypt put this "movie" trailer on TV and advertised it to the Middle East repeatedly the weekend before the attacks. What makes you think many of the protestors had not see it? You think people in the Middle East don't watch TV?

Provide a link proving they had "evidence of something happening 3 days prior." You've posted this same thing many times and I have yet to see your link to back up that claim.

The Libyan attack was made on a consular office, NOT the embassy. Your "facts" are a bit fuzzy.

Btw, HOW MANY Democrat friends? A number please. Your vague "my Democrat friends" is meaningless.
"According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted." [1]

Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Well, now I know why you didn't want to put up a link. The source was Fox News who cited unnamed "intelligence sources." So we have a story from a right-wing news site, claiming to have gotten this information from UNNAMED "intelligence sources."

Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I'll wager obama is still gagging at his administration finally having to admit it was a "terrorist attack"

Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
"According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted." [1]
Where is this quote from? Who were the senior diplomatic sources?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
McCain should keep his mouth shut. If he were president, we'd still be fighting in Iraq.
Ah yes shut your mouth if you don't agree with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies