Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I just saw that story on TV. Can you believe that!? A bi-partisan bill that was paid for gets filibustered by Republicans on a bill they half wrote themselves! Unreal.
I see that you missed the part about that being RINOs like McCain who did that deed. They didn't want the Paul addition that called for cutting out money to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan to go through. The filibuster by the minority was not against the bill but against an amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
But, but, but, it's the President's responsibility to create jobs and fix the economy!
Let's just admit that it is not his job other than to suggest legislation which he seldom does since Obamacare. Hell he didn't even get much of it written since Harry and his union buddies did that.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How stupid people can be to see a bill that has the word "jobs" in it and automatically believe it will create jobs. We live in a country of so many stupid people.
Kinda like the Patriot Act or Affordable Care Act. How could anyone be against patriotism or affordable healthcare. Of course, the first was not patriotic and the second not affordable.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:39 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Eddie, I think you need to use something to indicate when you aren't serious or being sarcastic.
I agree. Sometimes the right emoticon is worth a 100-word post.

MODS! I demand more emoticons to add my arsenal of mockings and japeries.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Back down in Florida for the weekend, and the local press (which is very conservative) have shown many veterans here who are PISSED about Republicans doing this.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let's just admit that it is not his job other than to suggest legislation which he seldom does since Obamacare. Hell he didn't even get much of it written since Harry and his union buddies did that.
All the while I thought the insurance companies wrote it.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
"would hire veterans as firefighters and police officers and for conservation jobs in national parks and on other public lands, through grants to federal departments and agencies and contracts with state and local governments and private organizations."

Sounds like a Veteran feel good Bill.
With what money ? Congress can't force local governments to hire. Local governments are all having budget problems and are laying off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies