Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, that's an incredibly rude thing to say in this economy where people are struggling with working extra jobs etc, fighting against higher gas and food prices and so forth.

Your "let them eat cake" attitude is duly noted...and that extra 2 million people are all voting age.

2% of the general population is more like 5% of the voting population.
Spare me. "Fiscal Conservative"

If I had my way we'd have universal healthcare for all, paid with progressive tax rates on the wealthy.

You pay lip service to people going through hard times. I would actually do something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

If I had my way we'd have universal healthcare for all, paid with progressive tax rates on the wealthy.

You pay lip service to people going through hard times. I would actually do something about it.
Living in France might suit you then. They just enacted laws to heavily tax the rich.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They never liked the idea. And none of them voted for Obamacare.
Clinton's proposal was just that..a proposal. Nothing got passed.This is 100% Dem.
Who never liked the idea? The GOP? Sure they did, - it was their own idea. They don't like it now because a Dem made it into reality.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Living in France might suit you then. They just enacted laws to heavily tax the rich.
No life is great here in Southlake. I have a Cadillac health plan. Making lot's of money.

Just watching my fellow white Southerners ruin their kids futures by destroying middle class benefits.

But don't worry, my kids are doing great, tutors, personal coaches, built in network of connections, lacrosse tournaments in Maryland, private colleges available if needed.

Why go to France?

When white males like yourself won't stand up for yourself and make the wealthy pay their fair share?

Where you say you live? Alvarado?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These 6 million are the true moochers, because they could afford insurance, but chose to not buy it, and instead use the ER as their primary health care provider, and everyone else had to pay for them. Such person defined the term "moocher". The Reagan ER mandate had good intentions, but unintended consequences because millions of people abused it costing the nation tens of billions of dollars.

Like I said, this mandate was the conservetive answer to Clinton's proposal in the 1990s. All of a sudden they don't like their own idea?
No -- that's where you're all wrong. Many of these 6 million people are healthy -- and many never stepped foot in an ER. What was so wrong if they wanted to pay out of pocket when they had a doctor's office visit or if they practiced holistic ways of taking care of themselves so they didn't need to have all that Obamacare?

It's a myth that everyone has to go to a doctor frequently. It's a myth that all the self-pay types went to ERs for all their health care, and were never sent a bill. If you really look at who goes to ERs for their primary health care, it's the Medicaid recipients and illegals. And Obama made sure the illegals are not required to pay a dime for all this free health care they get.

The only people who will end up paying are those who work for a living -- and now they will have to pay a huge chunk of their incomes whether they use any health care or not.

For someone whose budget is tight, it can be a reasonable decision if they are in good health to decide to pay $100 or $200 out of pocket to see a doctor rarely instead of thousands of dollars a year.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- that's where you're all wrong. Many of these 6 million people are healthy --
I am healthy, but I always had insurance. Also, my car is fine, but I have insurance for it.

Perhaps you do not understand what insurance is for.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:23 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Went to Church the other nite
and a women there said she now has to also get a part time job to pay for health Insurance.
Cause it was going to cost her $800.00 a month.
Which is half of what she made.
But she did get some at $500.00 a month instead.
Which they take out of her pay check.

Then she said, you people who already pay for health care have to pay too!
And they put it in an account for your old age care!
If you have to go into a Nursing Home. So long Medicare & Medicaid.

By the way,
this woman volunteers on the Fire Department and as an EMT.
So now she will have to quit all her Volunteer Community Work and Training helping others where she doesn't get paid.
To get a part time job.
Now we going to see how badly this is going to effect all branches of Volunteer Workers and Training.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Yeah, "tough crap" to 6 million middle class voters in one breath and free healthcare to the middle and poor in the next.

Translation, even if I disagree with my parties actions, I will defend them at every possible turn because they never ever do anything wrong and should never be criticized.

All hail the party!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good. They need to get insurance and quit leeching off of other people.

Moochers....

Actualy they are not moochers unless they get sick and dont pay their bill. Seeing most are between 26-35 there chance of needing it isnt quite high. Now other people who want them to have so that their bills will be lower , well call them whatever you want.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock56 View Post
Nearly 6 million Americans — significantly more than first estimated— will face a tax penalty under President Barack Obama's health overhaul for not getting insurance, congressional analysts said Wednesday. Most would be in the middle class....What a surprise...I'm shocked...

The Associated Press: Tax penalty to hit nearly 6M uninsured people
So much for protecting the middle class .Again he is a proven liar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies