Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Then you obviously have not been paying attention to the casualty rates in Afghanistan or the Rules of Engagement. Obama's goal is to get as many Americans killed as possible. In his first 18 months of office Obama had more KIAs in Afghanistan than Bush did in all eight years he was President.
Ummm...do you think that might have something to do with the fact Obama actually decided to put some work into Afghanistan instead of letting it be an afterthought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Ummm...do you think that might have something to do with the fact Obama actually decided to put some work into Afghanistan instead of letting it be an afterthought?
He certainly put some work into Afghanistan. Obama has worked REALLY hard to get Americans killed, and he is succeeding.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
He certainly put some work into Afghanistan. Obama has worked REALLY hard to get Americans killed, and he is succeeding.
Jesus H. Christ...I just saw the part I missed in your previous post.

" Obama's goal is to get as many Americans killed as possible."

Please, for the love of everything supposedly holy, tell me you are trolling right now.

P.S: Check the casualty rates in Iraq.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Military service is one of those attributes that is fantastic and important and all-critical -- so long as the candidate you (the proverbial 'you') support happens to have it. If not, well... then it's nice but not really that important.

Mostly, people just identify a difference between "their guy" and "the other guy" and then glom onto that difference as being critically important. Kinda like a poster a week or so ago who said he was voting for Romney because "We don't need any more lawyers as President!".

I was happy to inform him that Romney has a law degree.

At that point he suddenly decided that it wasn't really all that important if a President happened to have a law degree...

Old 09-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Military service is one of those attributes that is fantastic and important and all-critical -- so long as the candidate you (the proverbial 'you') support happens to have it. If not, well... then it's nice but not really that important.

Mostly, people just identify a difference between "their guy" and "the other guy" and then glom onto that difference as being critically important. Kinda like a poster a week or so ago who said he was voting for Romney because "We don't need any more lawyers as President!".

I was happy to inform him that Romney has a law degree.

At that point he suddenly decided that it wasn't really all that important if a President happened to have a law degree...
I remember that.

I lol'd.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
I remember back during the 2008 election, one of the common attacks or gripes (whichever you want to call it) that those who lean right leveled at Obama was his lack of military service. I saw many people (both on this forum and others) who openly stated that military service was something of a prerequisite for supporting a presidential candidate.

My question is, where did that all go during the GOP primaries? Only one of the GOP candidates (Rick Perry) had any military service to his credit, and the eventual nominee repeatedly used deferments to stay out of the draft. Was this all a political ploy, or do those of you who support Romney (or just voting against Obama) have any resentment over Romney's lack of military service?
False. Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force for five years.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
False. Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force for five years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Actualy Dr Ron Paul was in the military.
Quote:
Right, I forgot about him.
Come on dude. They were literally the 3rd and 4th posts in this thread.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I call BS. Other than from McCain supporters making a direct comparison between the two candidates, I don't recall any noteworthy "attacks or gripes" from the right about President Obama's lack of military service. Can you show us any proof of your claim?
Go back through the forums from 2008. There are plenty of examples.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
As a Vietnam era veteran, I would prefer Presidents have some active duty military service. If they expect to be elected to the position of Commander-In-Chief of the nation's military, he should at least know something about the military.

The primary difference between Republicans that have never served in the military and Democrats that have never served is that Republicans do not hold the military in disdain and utter contempt. That includes Obama and Clinton. Ironically, the one Democrat President that did serve in the military did more to harm the military and lower its morale than any President since, that would be Carter.

Reagan may not have served in the military, but he did restore military morale and cleaned up the mess Carter created in the military.

Normally, I would not even consider voting for Romney. Like Bush (43), Romney is a RINO. He is a big spending, big government liberal, pretending to be a Republican (like Perry). However, he is the GOP nominee and the only hope of unseating the POS currently holding the office. If Romney does nothing else besides not veto the repeal of the Affordable Health Care Act, I will consider him to be a sucessful President, despite his lack of military service.
The only way Romney will see the inside of the White House is to take a tour.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
There are many more examples of democrats screeching chickenhawk and whatever other nonsense they could come up with about W. Hell they tried to forge documents the night before an election and the left lapped that up like candy. Joe Biden had as many deferments as Cheney but I don't hear any democrats calling him a chickenhawk. Actually I don't recall many bringing up Obama's service much at all last election. He got a pass what a shock.

The only reason it became such a big deal in '04 was Kerry's reporting for duty nonsense. He brought it up and the left got big brass balls out of the blue and thought they were tough old military guys all of a sudden. Of course the whole time they were trying to lose the war in Iraq to blame Bush so that didn't play once the curtains closed in the voting booths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies