Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

As Secretary of State, she must not endorse one religion or reject another,
No, she Really has not. You just don't like her because she's not a right wing hack job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
but this is effectively what the Administration has done by forcefully condemning this film, even going so far as to spend $70,000 US tax payer dollars to run a television ad in Pakistan to expresses official US disapproval of the film, yet without also condemning "**** Christ" set to go on display in NYC Thursday.

Marooned In Marin: Double Standard: Obama Regime Won't Denounce "**** Christ" Display But Apologizes For Attacks On Islam
First amendment right applies to all except for our government and those with anti christian points of view? I thought you righties didn't like government intrusion? go figure.

I'm getting the picture now, it's ok to beat up a muslim, or burn their mosques, but if they demonstrate against christians? oh, we can't have that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,334,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you thought about the economy that The One will inherit if he wins in November. He has talked about the economic mess he inherited and now he would have to blame himself for 4 years just as he has blamed Bush all this time. I really don't think there are any leaners here who have thought about that yet.
It will a whole lot better than the one he inherited in 2008, that's for sure...

Old 09-22-2012, 03:05 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Gollllllly the next forum English checker has taken over. Nice means of deflection.
It's like I said, when all else fails, insult spelling errors...I don't care...really, I never could spell, and when a person does that, I think "REALLY". and then laugh....yup the grammer police. LOL

Old 09-22-2012, 04:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It's like I said, when all else fails, insult spelling errors...I don't care...really, I never could spell, and when a person does that, I think "REALLY". and then laugh....yup the grammer police. LOL
it was not really "spelling".......it was grammar. Possessive vs plural. Live and learn.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wow, Roy, you get intelligence briefings and know exactly what the White House was told and when they get the so-called information? I'm so impressed with your security clearance.
I did have Top Secret clearance, but it was many years ago. You are failing to see what went on if you don't know that the Libyans surely did send the warning about 3 days before. Oh well, you can't see anything bad about Obama, can you?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You know very well that he was "called in" regarding whether or not he had violated conditions of his probation. His "going downtown for questioning" had nothing to do with the movie other than whether or not he had violated the conditions of his parole.....one condition being that he was not allowed to use the internet for five years without permission from parole officer. Even though roys implied that the President had him called in for questioning, that's NOT TRUE. His probation officer called him in for an interview.

From what I read, after the interview, he was actually provided a "secret" release so that the media could not follow him, and that he is now in hiding, as he did not return to his home where he was originally picked up.
I guess something like that is what Palin needed when the media was so hot after her. Huh?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
It will a whole lot better than the one he inherited in 2008, that's for sure...
Do you really think that a government that is off on another printing of money wildly to have something to spend that will drive up inflation beyond what most of us can even envision with that huge national debt is better than what he inherited? Oh well, you have been an Obama worshiper for a very long time.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
it was not really "spelling".......it was grammar. Possessive vs plural. Live and learn.
Jeez, am I glad I don't point every grammar error like that one that I see. That would be all I got done.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,199,977 times
It's a fine line to walk. It's not like these people who blow themselves up give a crap about being rational or recognizing the value of free speech. Does it justify denouncing the film? I don't know. I personally think anything Obama says isn't going to mean squat to the fundamentalists. But what do you think Obama should say? Would people rather he make inflammatory remarks which will get people going over there, and possibly risk more American lives? Or just sit there and twiddle his thumbs on the issue?

Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Hillary also had some negative words for this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_o...ent_(2006_film)

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept motion picture about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

Hillary Clinton, then junior United States Senator from New York, told The Journal News of Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties at the annual New Castle Community Day in Chappaqua that, "I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick.

Was the above an inappropriate statement as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies