Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 12:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

Some of you proposing death to people on the fringe! My God. Is no human life sacred, even those that are a mess? Very sad reading some of the responses here. How many of you have ever been down? And how secure are any of us from falling that far down. Do some research, You may be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Round them up and send them to liberal cities who pride themselves for being havens for the homeless
Berkeley, California
San Francisco
Venice Beach, California
Palm Springs, California
San Diego, California

Lol, San Diego already has oodles and kaboodles of bums all over the place.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
It's weird how so many simpletons seem to think the problem is liberals. Politics are not what make people addicts, insane, mentally ill...no. Those people would be here despite politics..and they usually go where it's warm so they don't freeze to death which is why there are many in CA (yes, a liberal state but also a warm one). It's still not going to solve the problem and I don't see anyone coming up with real solutions except "make a liberal take one home". So ok conservatives, lay upon us a solution.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
where I live there are plenty of street bums, winos and junkies , generally stinking the place up and begging for money.

they serve no purpose whatsoever for society so what should be done with them?

most of them cannot change even if they wanted to - so should they just be shipped off to a remote island somewhere, or perhaps repatriated to a 3rd World nation (seeing as we take in a lot of trash from those parts of the world) - a kind of quid pro quo as it were.

what do all you all think?
I always thought New Zealand was rather civilized

Old 09-22-2012, 01:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Quote:
where I live there are plenty of street bums, winos and junkies , generally stinking the place up and begging for money.

they serve no purpose whatsoever for society so what should be done with them?

most of them cannot change even if they wanted to - so should they just be shipped off to a remote island somewhere, or perhaps repatriated to a 3rd World nation (seeing as we take in a lot of trash from those parts of the world) - a kind of quid pro quo as it were.

There are two choices to your question: help them in whatever way you can or might feel is correct. Or you can simply walk on by and not pay any attention to their needs. Those are the two choices, pick one!

As a spiritual being I find your comments sad and sick. You need to check in with your soul and see if you have one.

First these are human beings, many of who have served in the military over the years fighting wars that others chose not to, some are fathers, brothers and sons, wives, mothers, grandmothers and sisters ~ all of whom are on the street through no fault of their own in most cases. Many simply need help, a hand up or and hand out, however it appears that there is little empathy felt by others who have posted and have shown only hate and anger towards a fellow human being. How sad that our (your) society has come to that.

The Beatitudes - YouTube

Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So ok conservatives, lay upon us a solution.
Not every problem has a solution. Leave the bums, and the taxpayer, alone.

"The bums will always be with us." Jesus Christ

Old 09-22-2012, 03:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
I hired a Mexican to clean the pool and the landscaping. Think of it like carbon offsets, only carbon-based human offsets. Each hard-working Mexican is like three bums.

Everyone run out and hire a Mexican and there won't be any more bums. If it will work for Al Gore and CO2, it will work for bums.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I hired a Mexican to clean the pool and the landscaping. Think of it like carbon offsets, only carbon-based human offsets. Each hard-working Mexican is like three bums.

Everyone run out and hire a Mexican and there won't be any more bums. If it will work for Al Gore and CO2, it will work for bums.
Yep, now that we got Mexicans we ain't got no need for bums. Let 'em dumpster dive.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, really. You have no idea what homeless people go through.....lost job, lost families.....Are you that high on your horse that you don't have compassion for your fellow human being and just look down on them. Ah, you must be that 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you know this, how.
Hate to break it to you fella, buy you have no idea how most of these people got there.
having worked with the homeless, i can tell you that many in fact DID choose the lifestyle. yes there are some that lost jobs, and ended up homeless as a result, and there are some that became homeless because of mental or addiction issues. but many as i indicated in fact did choose the lifestyle for a variety of reasons.

and as i have always said, until these people decide they want a change, there is NOTHING we can do. the only thing we can do is be ready to help when they are ready to be helped.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:

they serve no purpose whatsoever for society
so what should be done with them?

You just described the average corporate banker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies