Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:14 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Lately? Lindsay Graham has been a RINO all along, just like the rest of your Neo-Con heroes. They talk conservative, but govern as fire-breathing liberals.

In any case, you think it would be a good idea to give the Jihadist's an excuse to attack our embassy in Israel, with the result of cutting off all aid to the Jewish state because they "allowed" it to happen?
At least we agree on one thing, the RINOism of Graham and I say McCain is worse. However, letting the jihadists determine our foreign policy because of the threat you mention is even more feeble than Obama's apology tour or 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 11:22 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
if you ask me, all foreign aid should be stopped - as it only serves to prop up crooked leaders in 3rd World stinkholes.

why should the working man back home pay for the Lexus of the dictator and his rich crony friends?
Foreign aid does very little to benefit the people of the country, as you mention. There are much better ways to help people than throwing money at their government, which use it for their own purposes (sometimes even AGAINST the very people it is supposed to help).

I like Rand Paul more every day. Since his pop is getting on in years, I hope that Rand is looking forward toward a presidential run in the not-too-distant-future.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't agree with you about that bolded part. How many other countries have allowed attacks on American embassies lately?
EVERY embassy, anywhere in the world, is subject to attack by a determined foe. No spot on earth is immune if they want too badly enough.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You and Memphis are skirting around the Harry Reid bragged point that we don't need budgets. Just let the president spend money and come up with what it takes.
Show me when and where he said that.

Quote:
I think our Congress has become completely obsolete the past three years and this vote is another step for that very thing.
Obsolete? Doesn't that mean it should be replaced? If so, with what?

Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
At least we agree on one thing, the RINOism of Graham and I say McCain is worse. However, letting the jihadists determine our foreign policy because of the threat you mention is even more feeble than Obama's apology tour or 2009.
Well....if you guarantee them any embassy they attack will result in the end of any aid to that country, you're damn sure letting them determine our foreign policy, aren't you?

Old 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
BS. The State Department or the entire Executive Branch doesn't have a single, solitary penny to spend that Congress hasn't allocated. If they chose to give the Secretary discretion on how to spend those dollars, then they have no right to come back later and complain about how it's done.
They sure as hell do have the right. They can complain about it if they didn't vote to hand that power over and also try and take that power back like Paul is trying to do. You call it BS. Why? Someone dare challenge dear leader?

Old 09-22-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I really don`t see the justification of punishing an entire country because of the acts of a few radicals.That being said,we are not the only country that gives foreign aid and as a percentage of our GDP,we`re far down the line.

Countries That Give The Most In Foreign Aid Statistics | Statistic Brain
I don't care what other countries do with their taxpayer dollars. I'm sure the citizens of those countries if they knew their embassies were being attacked and not defended by the host country who is being given aid would want that aid removed also.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Slight problem with your timeline. Gaza war was started in 12/2008. FY2009 payment of $980 Million was made in 10/2008 to PA. About $10 Million was sent after the Cast Lead Operation to Gaza by USAID. Here is the link. You'll even see a christmas tree and a gym that was paid for.

http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PDACS672.pdf
What time line? I dont care which president or party does the waste. I care that it is wasted.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
With Bush in WH Pakistan was our "key ally", but now that Obama is in the white house they are the "enemy".

I will vote for Paul Sr, but Paul Jr seems to be nothing but a partisan hack. What a pity.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Well....if you guarantee them any embassy they attack will result in the end of any aid to that country, you're damn sure letting them determine our foreign policy, aren't you?
You are completely missing the point. The host country of the embassy is charged with defending the embassy. If the embassy is attacked and the host country fights off the attackers and defends the embassy that is what is expected. Did you see anybody in these embassy attacks fending off the protestors? Hell the Libyan's were in on the killing of our ambassador. You see no problem with any of it though so I'm talking to a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies